Paw Hee-ching, Ruco Chan, Nancy Wu Unite for New TVB Drama “The Alliance”

By on August 19, 2016 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS, TV Dramas

Paw Hee-ching, Ruco Chan, Nancy Wu Unite for New TVB Drama “The Alliance”

A Fist Within Four Walls <城寨英雄> actors Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Nancy Wu (胡定欣) will team up again for TVB’s upcoming grand production The Alliance <同盟>. It is produced by A Fist Within Four Walls creator Jazz Boon (文偉鴻), and also stars Film Queen Paw Hee-ching (鮑起靜) in her first TVB drama.

Ruco, who has collaborated with Paw Hee-ching in several ATV dramas in the past, is excited to work with her again. He said, “When we were chatting on the phone, she told me that she’ll be filming a new [TVB] drama. I didn’t know it would be this one! I’m very happy!” (The producer said you and Nancy give him good luck.) “Many actors in Four Walls gave their sweat and blood for the show. Everyone has showed their utmost sincerity and hard work. It’s great to be able to work with a bunch of people who share the same mindset. No matter what, the most important thing is a good crew.”

“This will be my first collaboration with Paw Jeh,” said Nancy in another interview. “I’m very happy. I know she’s worked with Ruco before. The entire cast and crew are looking forward to starting this project.” (The producer said you’re his lucky charm!) “That’s good then! Let’s all give each other good luck!”

Nancy said she has already received orders to start training for her new role. “There’s going to be a lot of gun fight sequences, so I need to start training. With so many action roles, I hope I’ll get better and better.”

The Alliance is described as a “modern version of Wu Zetian” and will be an action thriller. The show will feature Krav Maga—an Israeli self-defense martial art—as well as gun fight action sequences. Ruco and Nancy, both portraying kung fu masters in A Fist Within Four Walls, will be in for a even more action-packed ride for The Alliance.

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

32 comments to Paw Hee-ching, Ruco Chan, Nancy Wu Unite for New TVB Drama “The Alliance”

1. dramadrama says:

Great!!! But pls don’t include too many leads that will dilute Ruco and Nancy’s screen time, especially Ruco!! Give him a proper male leads to shine!!

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
  2. elcmei says:

Yes totally agree is great decision by Jazz Boon to choose Ruco Chan for his upcoming dramas he bring luck and revenue to TVB alright. I really really admire and craze over Ruco Chan dramas he is an excellent top rated artiste

Login or Register before you can reply to elcmei
  3. snoopy says:

Not Nancy again…well at least its not sisley or grace 🙁

Nancy and Ruco doesnt have the sparks in A Fist Within Four Walls…

Login or Register before you can reply to snoopy
    • janet72 replied:

@snoopy I don’t mind seeing more of Nancy than those 2 screaming on the screen.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  4. kangaroo says:

Was asking:

So is this series good or bad? so many good reviews & ratings so suprised to hear this(?)

Don’t really like Nancy either

Login or Register before you can reply to kangaroo
  5. happybi says:

Nice! I like Ruco and Nancy collaboration!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  6. elizabeth says:

Yeah! Nice to see Paw Hee Ching back on the screen after ATV and HKTV both have stopped. I am sort of sick of watching Ching Ho Wai and Mary Han take on all the strong older woman roles in TVB. Paw Hee Ching would be a fine addition to any series. And slightly off topic, nice to see Rebecca Chan back.

I do hope TVB will absorb more of the ATV artistes and it would give us some new faces to look at.

Login or Register before you can reply to elizabeth
    • creditor replied:

@elizabeth Agree with you absolutely. Paw Hee Ching is a much acclaimed actress and is she way way above Ching Ho Wai and Mary Han in terms of acting skills, and for that matter, any of the present lot in TVB.

I

Login or Register before you can reply to creditor
    • snoopy replied:

@elizabeth Well that is Tvb’s fault at bad rotation!! I think Ching Ho Wai and Mary Han are both superb veterans!

Login or Register before you can reply to snoopy
      • elizabeth replied:

@snoopy that is what i meant. I am want to see some new combinations of artistes and therefore new sparks. It was not a derogatory comment regarding mary or rainbow. Tvb just needs more variety.

Login or Register before you can reply to elizabeth
  7. dramadrama says:

Ruco and Nancy’s chemistry so far is OK for me. Only cos the plot wrote that Nancy is too crazy for teeth guy in the first place, and Grace’s role kinda outshine Nancy’s. Actually I loved the way Grace and Ruco exchange glances. Full of curiosity, love, and hate at the same time.

So if give Nancy and Ruco another shot at acting as couple, loved to see that. With a better churned plot.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
    • creditor replied:

@dramadrama I like Nancy as an actress, but somehow I just don’t find her compatible with any hot and macho male leads like Ruco and Vincent Wong. Think she’s not pretty enough. I find her okay with opposite leads like Wayne Lai or Edwin Siu, those that are just lovable guys but not the hotties.

Login or Register before you can reply to creditor
      • isay replied:

@creditor i beg to differ. She has nice chemistry with Ruco, much better than Ruco has with Grace Chan, Selena, Linda, Kristal. Before i watched this drama, i didn’t think i would like them as a couple but now i just adore them to bits!!

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
      • snoopy replied:

@creditor Exactly my thoughts!!

Login or Register before you can reply to snoopy
      • creditor replied:

@snoopy To me, the most compatible female lead for Ruco is Tavia Yeung, If you have seen them in The Other Truth you would know what I mean. Lots of subtle feelings between the 2 of them expressed through their eyes without having to say anything.

Login or Register before you can reply to creditor
      • replied:

@creditor
        lol… I don’t know if it’s because she’s not pretty but I definitely agree that I don’t find much chemistry between any of the leads she’s worked with. That Grey Metal whatever drama where Vincent Wong plays the dead finacee and when VW’s character died, I don’t feel her saddess at all. I thought it was just me. With Ruco i don’t feel anything either. lol…

Login or Register before you can reply to
    • smizack replied:

@dramadrama Really? I love Vincent Wong and Nancy Wu as a couple…they have really great chemistry together. Hope to see more of them soon.
      Ruco and Nancy is meh..sometimes they look cute, sometimes they don’t. Like I said, I prefer her with Vincent.

Login or Register before you can reply to smizack
  8. coralie says:

I quite liked Grace and Ruco’s interactions, more than Nancy & Ruco. I’m not sure Nancy is cut out for relationship roles…it feels like other actresses outshine her in this dept. But otherwise she is a good actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    • replied:

@coralie
      I love Grace in this series. Probably one of her best roles ever? haha lol..She looks great when fighting esp when killing that gay looking guy around epi 18? I was like whooooo…what happened? Wasn’t that guy supposed to be the biggest fighter? I don’t really care for main lead Nancy in any series so this one was no exception for me either. I actually love the supportings a lot more even thou i was originally watching for Ruco. haha..LOL..I love Philip Ng, Moon Lau? and Grace.

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • isay replied:

@kiki give grace the BSA or most improved this year!

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
      • creditor replied:

@isay I second that! Grace is more than deserving.

Login or Register before you can reply to creditor
  9. janet72 says:

If Grace and Ruco are not siblings, perhaps there will be more sparks…but I just don’t feel any chemistry between Nancy and Ruco as a couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    • replied:

@janet72
      exactly… she looks good w/teeth guy too.

Login or Register before you can reply to
    • rcel replied:

@janet72 Precisely, couldn’t feel any chemistry between Ruco n Nancy as a couple and instead Grace could make a better choice if they are not siblings. But on other hand, seems that there are not many lead actresses can might create a spark with Ruco onscreen. Perhaps Eliza Sam ?

Login or Register before you can reply to rcel
      • janet72 replied:

@rcel nancy looks too mature to be a couple with Ruco. This guy has a boyish look and Nancy looks like his elder sister more than a girlfriend.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
      • replied:

@janet72
        Kind of true. lol….Nancy Wu isn’t old but she doesn’t look cute, pretty or attractive in the series. But then again, I never really see like unbelievable chemistry between any of the leading ladies Ruco has worked with thou so i can’t really say it’s Nancy alone.

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • creditor replied:

@kiki Think Tavia is the best suited female lead opposite Ruco. Watch The Other Truth and you will know why.

Login or Register before you can reply to creditor
      • kangaroo replied:

@creditor Truly. Love Ruco & Tavia. Then, we were all looking out for more of Ruco & cannot find. Now, not so much looking out for him but he has a lot of shows. Still waiting for TOT 2 & for him and Tavia to end up together

Login or Register before you can reply to kangaroo
    • dramadrama replied:

@janet72 Yeah. Actually loved to see Grace and Ruco pairing. When they hug and exchange glances, can feel the intimacy. But because they are siblings, so cannot have sparks. Too bad…..

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
      • replied:

@dramadrama
        I know… kind of cute to see the siblings together more than the leads. I basically skip the leads part and mainly love the fighting scenes of Grace, Philip and the Thai mom. Their fighting parts seems exaggerated at times esp Grace but still very attractive to see esp the part where he killed that gay looking dude haha n that kick to light him on fire…whoooo..Nice!!! lol. Also, love the Thai mom and son’s fighting scenes; kind of very natural and real? 🙂 They looked like they can definitely kick some butt!!!…lol……I really don’t feel much of the Ruco/Nancy love story. In fact, I feel the assassin who likes her has more chemistry w/her than Ruco. Just my opinion….. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • went replied:

I thought I was the only one who love those characters.
        I like Ruco alright but certainly not the best character I like in this series. I love good fighting scenes so the Grace girl who plays the sister was good. I love Philip Ng and the one who played his mom too…WOW…The way PN gives punches and kicks? Whoo… Does he know kung fu in real life? Looking great!! lol… All the other leads & 2nd leads I couldn’t care less.

Login or Register before you can reply to went
  10. hannah says:

YAsss! More Nancy and Ruco! Cant wait! Good to see Paw Hee-ching coming on to TVB show.

Login or Register before you can reply to hannah