Peter Ho: “I Always Have My Condoms Ready!”

By on March 6, 2013 in NEWS

Is Peter Ho (何潤東) the perfect condom spokesperson? The Taiwanese heartthrob regularly practices safe sex, carrying condoms with him at all times for emergency use.

Born in Los Angeles, the 37-year-old Chinese-American recently filmed a commercial for Okamoto, one of the leading condom manufacturers in the world. At the Hong Kong press conference on March 6, Peter revealed that when he was an university student in Toronto, he picked up the local habit of carrying condoms in his wallet should intimate opportunities crop up. He felt that it was even a gesture of good manners, to be considerate that his girlfriend may otherwise become pregnant if the device were not used.

Peter laughingly admitted that he has even passed a condom onto rumored flame, Janine Chang (張鈞甯). “I treat her like a guy, but she said that she did not have the opportunity to use it. She said she will blow it up like a balloon at a party.” Since they were great friends, Peter was unafraid that Janine would get the wrong idea.

“I’m such an old guy already, so I can’t pretend to be innocent and say that I have never used [a condom]. If I didn’t use them, I”m afraid I would have a bunch of children by now! However, I’ve been busy filming dramas lately, so I didn’t have many opportunities to use them,” Peter said.

Although spotted lingerie shopping with anchorwoman, Yu Sheng (余聲), who was rumored to be his girlfriend, Peter claims that he has been too busy filming to have time to date. Peter’s successful entry into mainland China have led to lucrative earnings of 140 million TWD last year, urging him to continue prioritizing his work first.

Peter at Okamoto Conference

Source: On.cc

33 comments to Peter Ho: “I Always Have My Condoms Ready!”

1. Fox says:

Wow I like you Peter! You are the great example of a genuine honest person, very straightforward.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Littlegalpal replied:

He really is, if it another actor aka Kenneth Ma probably state he still a virgin and waiting for his parent approval…haha.

Login or Register before you can reply to Littlegalpal
      • Fox replied:

Peter is 37 and I doubt that a normal 37 years old guy is still a virgin :P. So Peter with his answer, is genuine honest.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • HeTieShou replied:

Especially a guy from the circle.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • 939393 replied:

hahah. not true. Kenneth stated that he’s no longer a virgin.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  2. michaelscotfield says:

Wow, certainly very honest about it. Most ppl will probably go w/no comments or lie thru w/their eyes wide open. LOL….hahaa

Login or Register before you can reply to michaelscotfield
    • jayne replied:

Michaelscotfield,

Well Peter Ho would not endorse a condom brand if he were shy to discuss his experience. But he did seem a little fidgety and smiled nervously before the press.

I didn’t know Peter’s Cantonese is so fluent.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • michaelscotfield replied:

-Jayne,

That’s very true, intimate questions will be required since the commercial alone is an interesting topic and reporters loves to dig in on their personal lives.

OMG, i know i clicked on the link too and i was like whoooooo…he actually speaks Cantonese very well. haha…Most people who speak Mandarin can NEVER speak that well.

Login or Register before you can reply to michaelscotfield
      • Selena replied:

His parents are from Hong Kong. He probably speaks Cantonese with his parents.

Login or Register before you can reply to Selena
      • michaelscotfield replied:

-Selena,
        ohhh, is that it? Then that certainly makes sense. I once had a colleague, she is native Taiwanese/Mandarin but she also speak fluent Cantonese and the reason was she was born in HK and living for a little bit, usually most Mandarin ppl that we know can not speak well let alone that fluent. It seems Peter Ho can speak 3 all fluently: Eng, Canto & Mandarin.

Login or Register before you can reply to michaelscotfield
      • Fox replied:

Peter has his own underwear brand, he isn’t that shy at all. And his chac is really straightforward.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • HeTieShou replied:

His parents are from HK?? I have never heard of that and thought they were from Taiwan. I know he was born in LA and studied in Canada when he was younger so if fluent in English too.

I still remember seeing for the first time in Crouching Tiger. He was really funny and cute… Glad that he is so successful now. Also glad he is honest and does not lie through his teeth.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • sehseh replied:

Well, his nickname is ‘Big Eagle’ hahaha. Even Big S purposedly stay back during Peter filming swimming scene to capture pic and attest to this fact. LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
      • azndoraemon replied:

HeTieShou — I did not know he was in Crouching Tiger aww I must see it again. Do you know where I can watch his taiwanese movies with english sub? The latest one I saw was RingRing Bell.

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
  3. kasey says:

His cantonese is wow.

And he looks different? Or is it just me?

Login or Register before you can reply to kasey
    • michaelscotfield replied:

-kasey,
      i feel a bit too. i think it might be his hairstyle or something. he is always very good looking but that right there is just not his 100% handsome self. haha…

Login or Register before you can reply to michaelscotfield
  4. buster says:

His parents are Hong Kongers – not surprising that he should be fluent in Cantonese.

Login or Register before you can reply to buster
  5. RaySimpson says:

Interesting. Ready for sex all the time.

Login or Register before you can reply to RaySimpson
    • Cara replied:

It’s more like protecting yourself and your partner.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cara
  6. azndoraemon says:

He looks too great! He looks so taiwanese. He speaks perfect mandarin, cantonese and english. Not that many actors/actresses can do. Just proud of him.

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
  7. lingling says:

Well, it would be interestingly funny if he claims he never used or doesn’t know how while endorsing the product, lol. In any case, thanks for sharing your sexual activities, Peter.

Login or Register before you can reply to lingling
    • HeTieShou replied:

Maybe part of the reason is that he is more westernized due to studying overseas in Canada??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • lingling replied:

I just thought it’s funny that he’s so sharing; but hey, i’m all about supporting safe sex 🙂 Good for him. Respect yourself and respect your partner when it comes to intimacy.

Login or Register before you can reply to lingling
    • irene replied:

Yes he is paid for being a spokesman. I would say it is for the money.

Don’t think it will be easy to find an Asian to do commercial.

Login or Register before you can reply to irene
  8. Cara says:

Huh, he looks so…ordinary here. I thought he was cuter as Xiang Yu.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cara
    • roll replied:

yeah, he looks common, wouldn’t notice him if he was walking down the street, wonder why did the condom co choose him, would rather they select someone with a manly look

Login or Register before you can reply to roll
      • Cara replied:

well he is known for his manly image. He’s the spokesperson for many healthy food ads and I think modeled for men’s undies. His body is very manly and muscular, even if his face isn’t. He actually looks more manly as Xiang Yu.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cara
      • trini replied:

So how do you classify manly looking. I see nothing looking un-manly about Peter Ho.

Login or Register before you can reply to trini
  9. Ethan says:

Any guy above 25 years old and still a virgin, please raise your hand?

They should be sent to rehab!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ethan
    • dd replied:

BREAKING NEWS: 80% of HK adults around 25 years of age admitted to rehabilitation facilities!

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
  10. dd says:

I knew a dude in high school who carried a condom in his wallet. He asked me to hold it one day because we were doing a push-up contest and I felt the ring of the condom through the wallet cover.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
  11. Terminator says:

I would have hired Edison Chen over Peter Ho on this one. At least the former can speak from authoritative experience.

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
    • jayne replied:

Maybe we can run a poll to see who is a better condom spokesperson. I think Peter is perfect; he was gracious at the event.

One may have the image of Edison Chen as having irresponsible sex.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne