Louisa So and Wayne Lai Satisfied with “Rear Mirror’s” Results

By on September 5, 2014 in TV Dramas

After a 15-gap, Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) and Louisa So (蘇玉華) collaborated together in TVB series Rear Mirror <載得有情人>. Despite the long time gap since their last collaboration, the pair enjoyed working with each other and still had great on screen chemistry. Playing a romantic couple, Wayne and Louisa jokingly added that they should request to have a kiss scene in the rain next time to make up for the lack of intimate scenes in Rear Mirror.

In the drama, Wayne plays a divorced father who meets strong career-driven woman, Louisa, and works as her chauffeur. A romantic story of an older couple, without the passion and sizzle seen in younger relationships, may not be appealing to all audience demographics. However, Wayne and Louisa are very satisfied with the results. Their detailed performances received praise, proving that good acting and a production with heart will inevitably catch viewers’ attention.

Wayne said, “I think this drama can be regarded as tasteful. The best productions should be able to achieve this. There is no need for it to be too deep; the audience can absorb what they can see.”

Louisa commented, “I think Hong Kong productions have underestimated the viewers – they’re smarter than we think and they know how to watch series. I think this time, viewers must have thought that the story was refreshing. When we create productions, we think of how to excite and create freshness for viewers. If we don’t follow those steps, we shouldn’t be creators or artistes.”

Similar to her role in Rear Mirror, Louisa is a woman who focuses the majority of her time on work – she has been dating her long-term boyfriend, theater actor Poon Chan Leung (潘燦良), for 18 years and has yet to tie the knot. Louisa felt comfortable with their dating status for many years, but she that she finally her boyfriend’s proposal this year. Louisa joked that she will affirm her marriage announcement when if Rear Mirror‘s ratings reach 40 points.

Source: Ming Pao

This article is written Su for JayneStars.com.

39 comments to Louisa So and Wayne Lai Satisfied with “Rear Mirror’s” Results

The above article got so many plots wrong about this series.

• miriamfanz replied:

To describe this as a romantic story is the first mistake

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  2. Looooooooioii says:

Boring series

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooioii
  3. Looooooooioii says:

Line walker is pretty suspense & addictive to follow

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooioii
    • bbt replied:

Line walker is soon boooooooring, and the plot ain’t refreshing. Line walker is an average drama that Tvb always produce a billion times

Login or Register before you can reply to bbt
      • Clementine replied:

Agree^ it’s quite typical of tvb to produce another story about triads etc. but im quite interested in Elena Kong and 3gor’s line.It’s so tragic to see elena’s char suffering in silence from domesti it’s also a real issue in real life that not a lot of ppl talk about.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • Gina replied:

Oh really?
        Then who is the five undercover cops ?
        And what is the ending?

Login or Register before you can reply to Gina
  4. Allie says:

I really enjoyed this series. I enjoyed the simple love story between Wayne and Louisa compared to other series TVB has made that include a lot of uneccesaary kissing, intimate and ‘heavy flavour’ scenes.

Refreshing series

Login or Register before you can reply to Allie
    • bbt replied:

I also enjoyed this series. And totally agree with u

Login or Register before you can reply to bbt
    • Yen replied:

I agree too!!
      Louisa acting is great!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
    • Clementine replied:

im with you too- Surprisingly i really enjoyed watching this series, it’s closer to reality which audiences can connect with and understand. I liked the plotline 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
  5. jp says:

Very peaceful, relaxing & heart warming drama, enjoyed it.

Login or Register before you can reply to jp
    • kolo replied:

a typical si lai drama,lol

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • imd replied:

Line walker is a so lai drama

Login or Register before you can reply to imd
  6. Meow says:

The best series since… A long time. Different style of drama. It may be slow to some but it’s not the typical, predictable gangster/undercover cop/over dramatized revenge this or that or wuxin thing. A really good change and great cinematography too! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Meow
    • jc replied:

so agree with you. back to basic is the best.. the line walker is too “fau kua” la in my opinion. shooting the car’s glass.. nonsense..

Login or Register before you can reply to jc
  7. Mush says:

I really liked this drama as well! I was so shocked to find out it was ending… It really did feel like nothing much happened, lol!

Login or Register before you can reply to Mush
  8. Ita says:

This series very confusing, how come Kk suddenly become mong jai biological father and the twisted plot at the just so abrupt and mk no sense At all..

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
  9. hong duong says:

I enjoyed watching this series very much.

Login or Register before you can reply to hong duong
  10. Aftershool17 says:

I really enjoyed watching this film!!!!! Is so awesome!!!!!!!!! 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Aftershool17
  11. Yummysukiyaki says:

Why is old couple never kiss? Boring drama…

Login or Register before you can reply to Yummysukiyaki
    • Charbydis replied:

Probably because they weren’t a couple. They liked each other and supported each other in many ways but they were definitely not a couple.

I liked the relationship between Sunday and Anson. There was no hot romance but you could feel the mutual affection through their words and action. Their acting was good.

Login or Register before you can reply to Charbydis
  12. Moonriver says:

I wouldn’t call this series romantic at all.
    *spoilers*
    if Louisa and Wayne were to get together after the whole tabloid scandal, then yes,that would make a strong statement about love transcending boundaries . The fact that they kept a distance apart even though they knew there was room for development showed that they gave in to the norms of society. C’mon, why does Wayne need to be an owner of 3 cafés before he’s “on par” with Louisa ? I appreciate the subtlety in their relationship but the ending was such a disappointment…..

Login or Register before you can reply to Moonriver
  13. dtnt says:

This could have been modern “Rosy Business”.

Login or Register before you can reply to dtnt
    • Coffee replied:

I agree 100%!

Login or Register before you can reply to Coffee
  14. molly phung says:

can someone please tell me the name of the country song that Wayne lai play in his car when Louisa ask him to on the player. Tks.

Login or Register before you can reply to molly phung
    • Cynthia replied:

Every Promise I Ever Made by Darrell Wayne Perry

Login or Register before you can reply to Cynthia
    • Best replied:

I hate the country song the most in the series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
  15. bb girl says:

I love this drama a lot. U won’t feel kek hei when u watch..

I’m actually glad that the two main character never kiss.. I will have hair standing if they do lol

Login or Register before you can reply to bb girl
  16. Hannahh says:

I really enjoy Rear Mirror

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  17. Cynthia says:

Simple, short and (most importantly) straight to the point! Wayne’s right, at his age it isn’t necessary to include kissing scenes..

Login or Register before you can reply to Cynthia
    • omg replied:

I’m glad we were spared. I don’t think many people fancy seeing Wayne kiss. Same with Moses. It just feels weird.

Login or Register before you can reply to omg
  18. loversQueen says:

I like it! Especially after watching Black Heart White Soul you need something simple and relaxing to watch!
    I also like that it isn’t too dramatic ie rich family, 2 wives and evil uncle – at least the uncle in this series is not evil or scheming something evil to get back at the brother and family!

Login or Register before you can reply to loversQueen
  19. twinkle says:

Love, love, love the ending.
    Their mutual respect n gentle love all reflected in their eyes n body language.
    Caring, subtle n mautured.
    Very age-appropriate. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to twinkle
  20. lemongrass says:

A drama that I watch from the beginning till end. It just feel the series is entertaining, a comfortable watch drama of a couple being rational and sensible in things they do. They lead tough lifestyle with Sunday having to take care of a son who isn’t his, an elderly grandmother and a sister in law of an ex-wife. If he is making small incomes, this is huge burden on him to take care of all of them. As for Anson, she has a family who is almost no family. Each with own motives, bad mouth, back stabbing, etc. If I were her, I would have left the family long long time ago.

This couple are strong people, high EQ, have long endurance for things, being calm in handling their obstacles. I personally prefer this kind of drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to lemongrass
  21. anoninhk says:

i tried to watch the first episode but couldn’t finish it. ever since he became a leading man, all of wayne’s characters have all been temperate and bland. as for louisa, she seems to me like an actress trying to act a role, instead of stepping into the character. even her voice is too controlled. i just don’t buy her acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
  22. Mauling says:

I find t people who like this serial is middle age who r over 45 of age and actually all my aunts is a fan of Louise ….. But for us one episode is the end …so I guess who ever wrote how wonderful this serial are we know how old u r ..As for .line walker is the serial for this generation so sorry to not fancy this Rear Mirror serial.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mauling
  23. bunko8 says:

Wayne Lai = Kevin Spacey?

Login or Register before you can reply to bunko8
  24. Banana Smoothie says:

I actually really enjoyed watching this because I do find the intimate scenes unnecessary and the audience should be able to connect and feel what’s happening and the characters thoughts, instead of having the need to actually watch the intimate scenes to feel that their is a relationship between Sunday and Anson. At the end, though, there is room for improvement. I see no reason for Anson to suddenly have a fringe and wear different clothes and stuff. Wayne, too, I see it unnecessary for him to change and for those two to part ways, going to different countries with different goals because it does not bring out their similarities which makes the audience wonder if they’re really going to be together in the end, which we had been thinking the whole movie except for at the end. At the end, there should have been a scene which showed if they were going to be together, because even though I feel it unnecessary for any intimate scenes, I would find it more understandable if there was a scene where it showed them getting together at last, or having a wedding, or living together, just a couple of examples of what could show them being together in the end. Overall, this was an exceptionally good movie that I enjoyed very much. It really brings out the characters that Louisa and Wayne acted out very well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Banana Smoothie