Louisa So Considers “Rear Mirror” As Her Representative Work

By on September 4, 2014 in TV Dramas

TVB’s Rear Mirror <載得有情人> is only a small production, but lead star Louisa So (蘇玉華) said she is very proud of the series, even calling it her representative work.

Rear Mirror features a touching story between a career woman (Louisa So) and her chauffer (Wayne Lai). Though it has been 15 years since Louisa and Wayne last filmed a series together, the chemistry between them is strong and crisp despite the lack of intimate scenes.

“When I first worked with Wayne in Anti-Crime Squad <反黑先鋒>, I already felt how serious he was towards his work. Of course, this still hasn’t changed! He is still as invested and hardworking. It’s not our first time working as a couple together, but we have great understanding of each other.”

Louisa enjoyed filming Rear Mirror immensely. Aside from the good cast, production was also very thorough. “IAll my costars are wonderful. Most important of all, I received the script before filming began. I was able to have more time to prepare for my role. That’s very important for actors.”

Rear Mirror does not feature a dramatic plot, but the love story between Louisa and Wayne is touching. Louisa praised the script, “It’s very well-written. Although the story seems rather light, it is emotionally attentive and touching. Wayne and I do not have any intimate scenes together. In the end, we filmed a scene where we held hands while walking along the beach, but the producer decided to cut it as it didn’t fit in. Even so, our relationship in the series can be felt. Out of all the dramas that I’ve filmed, Rear Mirror is one of my favorites.”

Since its airing date in mid-August, Rear Mirror’s ratings have peaked at 31 ratings points. Its finale will air on September 5, 2014.

Source: stheadline.com

This article is written Addy for JayneStars.com.

43 comments to Louisa So Considers “Rear Mirror” As Her Representative Work

1. m0m0 says:

i never understood how she went from a 3rd line actress to a lead actress by disappearing from dramas for so many years….

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
    • rofl replied:

Never liked her acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
      • Cindy replied:

Same here. I’m not sure if it’s her voice or the way she delivers her lines. She’s a very mediocre actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cindy
    • Tess replied:

This only means that people love her a great deal!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess

Huh? Not quite! And for a love story, it is like 70% done? No love story yet unless they want to rush it.

• Funn Lim replied:

Pause! Pause! The series is ending on Friday right? 90% done and still no romance.

• MW replied:

It’s not one of those “love at first sight” type of romance. It’s the “slowly grows on you” type of lasting romance.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
      • Funn Lim replied:

Lasting romance? Last episode tonight right? Still no romance. It is last minute build a romance sort of romance. Sorry but the series is out of whack, it is just senseless in that sense.

• MW replied:

Maybe they will forever be each other’s protector/guardian angel? We shall see tomorrow.

People have been asking for a “strong woman” series. Well, can’t say TVB didn’t give it to them now. And, it’s not bad. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
      • mito replied:

I seen the preview, look like Wayne going to leave her after her company being take off. I might wrong on this.

his reason, please focus, lmao

the girl willing to sacrifice late night work, company fortune for him,

Login or Register before you can reply to mito
      • MW replied:

Couldn’t wait to watch the last episode, in which they met each other half way after a worldwind of events. Overall, very “tastefully” done!!! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  3. rofl says:

Peaking at 31 points doesn’t mean anything. The average ratings remained…well….average…

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
  4. Lisa says:

I was a bit surprised to hear that the series is finishing on Friday…i thought hardly anything had happened yet

Login or Register before you can reply to Lisa
    • Funn Lim replied:

Because i read the other show is debuting next mon which means this one is finishing tomorrow. If true i wonder wheres the romanc?

• MW replied:

The romance is very subtle (her putting her head on his shoulder when she dozed off, etc.).

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
      • JCLL replied:

Just skip it and watch the drama next Monday!

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
    • Tess replied:

Save the best for last, perhaps? 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    • Terminator replied:

Sounds like watching this show is like watching paint dries. LMAO!

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
  5. jj says:

I haven’t not seen any romance between Louisa and Wayne so not sure how it’ll be as memorable as she claimed here … Honestly, this series is very boring…

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    • Peggy replied:

Yes, this show is very boring. She has a lot of better show before, better performance.

Login or Register before you can reply to Peggy
  6. MW says:

Never seen Louisa So look this good/young before. Wow!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  7. MW says:

Ew, you all are “hit the sack” on first date type. Just ew!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  8. heidi says:

The series is itself is boring but her acting is very top-notched.

Login or Register before you can reply to heidi
  9. Jacintha says:

I really like acting. she able to express in subtle ways…Agree top-notched acting.
    Not many actress able to express in that manner..

Login or Register before you can reply to Jacintha
    • heidi replied:

Yep, yep.

Login or Register before you can reply to heidi
  10. llwy12 says:

Actually, I quite enjoyed the series and didn’t feel that it was ‘slow’ or ‘boring’ (in fact, it went by pretty quickly in my opinion, to the point that I forgot the series is going to end tomorrow).   Overall, I would say that this series has a good cast and good script – the acting is top notch from most of the cast and the script is ‘tight’ enough where it doesn’t feel draggy.  And I actually like the subtle nature of the romance between Louisa and Wayne’s characters – the vibes are definitely there, even though they don’t physically show it…to me, this type of portrayal is a refreshing departure from the typical TVB ‘in-your-face, messy, complicated, love triangle/square’ thing where everyone seems to be involved with everyone at some point (lol).

Louisa is a great actress and Wayne did well too (though I honestly feel he was way too reserved in this series….it’s almost like he was holding back a bit instead of letting his acting flow naturally as he has in other series).  The supporting cast did well too (especially the veterans – Lau Kong, Ram, King Sir, Mary, Susan, Lily, Amy,  etc.).  My favorite of all though is definitely YiuB (the little boy who plays Wayne’s son Mong Jai) – that kid is SO DARN CUTE!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
    • Cheung Wing Hong replied:

You are so right. Granted I have only watched 4 episodes but each one has made me want to watch the next. Much, much better than many of the more hyped series in the past year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cheung Wing Hong
    • JD replied:

I love watching this series too more that Line Walker. Agree with you on YiuB, the little boy who plays Wayne’s son. He is so adorable and cute!!! Is it his first time acting?

Login or Register before you can reply to JD
      • llwy12 replied:

No, it’s not YiuB’s first time acting…he’s only 6 years old, but he’s been in commercials since he was a baby and he started filming for TVB around 3 years old. If I recall correctly, aside from his role in this series, I think the other ‘bigger’ role he had was in Awfully Lawful (in other series he only had minor roles). But I think most audiences will probably remember him most from the final scene in the last episode of Highs and Lows (remember that adorable little boy in the final scene with Raymond Lam? That was YiuB…)

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
    • AWW replied:

I recorded this series and was somewhat reluctant in watching it and thinking it might be boring. However, after the 1st episode, I finished watching the next 10 episodes in one sitting. It moved very fast and it was not draggy.

Login or Register before you can reply to AWW
  11. XxtvbxX says:

I couldn’t believe that the show is ending this Friday. Although the plot isn’t very dramatic and intriguing, the love story between Wayne and Louisa is very sweet and subtle. It shows that not every single love story needs to be up and down. It can be simple and slow…like this one. A nice alternate love story if you don’t like dramatic,love stories.

Login or Register before you can reply to XxtvbxX
  12. Mike says:

Louisa has been horrible. She doesn’t enunciate when she speaks and pauses so long after each phrase. her. Its unbearable watching her act.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mike
  13. Cheung Wing Hong says:

I’d take a Louisa So series over anything done by the following actresses: Linda Chung (she was recently voted the absolute worst actress in the history of humankind in a recent CNN Asia poll), Myolie Wu, Kate Tsui, Fala Chen, Aimee Chan and Priscilla Wong… and can’t forget that no-talent Tavia Yeung.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cheung Wing Hong
  14. thanhhuong says:

I enjoyed this series very much.

Login or Register before you can reply to thanhhuong
  15. Ita says:

Didn’t feel any romance. More interested in tony hung and Natalie tong story line. Wayne and Louisa are quite boring their story line. And Kk why he us always bad guy. I really love his acting. He is an underrated actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
    • mito replied:

yup KK is underrated.

well, they both acknowledged some kind but not ready to make it official,

Login or Register before you can reply to mito
    • Cindy replied:

I totally agree with you guys. Kk is such a versatile actor

Login or Register before you can reply to Cindy
  16. aine says:

I actually like this drama. Its more of a subtle love. The way they look at each other when she was on the mini bus, the way she helped him with his custody battle, it grows on you. a drama doesn’t necessarily need alot of intimate scenes to show that the lead are in love. I think the subtle romance are the ones that will last forever.

Login or Register before you can reply to aine
  17. Cm says:

It’s because we are conditioned in society to focus only on romantic love… it has to be all about the feel, spark and passion. Enduring love, something that can remain unspoken and simple is much harder to show and express.

I think Louisa is a good actress who has generally always outperformed the poor scripts or characters she has been given

Login or Register before you can reply to Cm
    • AhQue replied:

Cm, You put it succintly.

Overall i have enjoyed this series. well done to the main actors.

Login or Register before you can reply to AhQue
  18. moncheri says:

This is basically like the drama wayne did with sheren tang. He helps her and she helps him and both show their reserved love for each other.

Login or Register before you can reply to moncheri
    • mito replied:

Yeap, except there is no guns and death

Login or Register before you can reply to mito
  19. Hannahh says:

Love Louisa hope to see her more on tvb in future

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh