Wayne Lai and Louisa So’s “Rear Mirror” Premieres August 11

By on August 8, 2014 in TV Dramas

TVB’s upcoming drama Rear Mirror <載得有情人>, produced by Fong Chun Chiu (方駿釗), is a small, intimate production that can make viewers ponder. It stars Louisa So (蘇玉華) as Anson, a career woman who spends her days dealing with snarky stepmothers at home and manipulative businessmen at work. Leading an extremely stressful life, she manages makes peace with her mind when she meets the struggling single father Sunday (Wayne Lai 黎耀祥), who becomes her personal chauffer.

Enemies are in every corner for Anson, who succeeds her father as the CEO of a multi corporation. Her colleagues envy her powerful position in the company and her boyfriend, portrayed by Geoffrey Wong (黃子雄), also ends up breaking up with her. However, fate takes her to meet Sunday, a mini bus driver, who pities on her situation. They soon become close friends and despite their different backgrounds, they immediately find their connection, a selfless love that transcends romance.

Parting ways with his heroic roles of the past, Wayne said his role, Sunday, is a new style for him. Though it has been over ten years since Wayne and Louisa last collaborated in a production, the veteran actors immediately found their chemistry when the cameras rolled. “Maybe that’s because we’ve now become more mature and have had more experience,” said Louisa. She praised Wayne’s acting and said filming the series had been very enjoyable.

Rear Mirror premieres on Monday, August 11.

“Rear Mirror” Trailer

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

20 comments to Wayne Lai and Louisa So’s “Rear Mirror” Premieres August 11

Just saw the ending for… errr…. the title…. wait wait … yeah yeah “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon” (had to google it!), love the ending. For once a proper undisputed ending. Haven’t seen the trailer for this series yet.

• jj replied:

I find CMHD ending very fitting as well 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
      • Dotdotsquare replied:

The ending was good but i felt like the raymond and candy part was rushed during the last ep. Other than that really enjoyed this show. I felt that Power was more of a main character than kenneth.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dotdotsquare
    • Funn Lim replied:

I am gonna watch this series. it has the hallmark of a non-hit but great performances/story aka a great series so I hope I won’t be disappointed like how I was with Bullet Brain who had the same markings but just never took off.

• llwy12 replied:

Actually, I wouldn’t compare this series to Bullet Brain…the biggest seller with Rear Mirror is the cast, whereas with BB it was more the sci-fi aspect (I actually didn’t really like the cast of BB much and coupled with the horrible script, it was a recipe for disaster).

So far, after watching the first episode of Rear Mirror, I’m definitely continuing, as I really like majority of the cast (both the lead artists and most of the supporting ones are great, solid actors/actresses…TVB put most of their best veteran/senior artists in this series, which almost guarantees awesome acting). I like the story so far too, though I definitely agree that this series will likely be a ‘non-hit’, since most of the small productions with solid actors have followed this path in recent years.

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • Natalie replied:

I have watch the first two episode it is indeed heartwarming and a reflection of humanity

Login or Register before you can reply to Natalie
    • SD replied:

CMHD was pretty good, the plot was a bit predictable but the interaction and development of the characters made it very enjoyable. Power Chan has another memorable support role to add to his list, with a bit of luck he might get the Wayne Lai treatment.

I was drawn in at first to the song, great interpretation and sung very well. The content didn’t disappoint either later.

Login or Register before you can reply to SD
    • jj replied:

Agree that Raymond and Candy ending felt rush, but at least they have a happy ending. I love Sap Gau! Well, everything felt rush toward the end, which is typical TVB drama. I was hoping for an epic fight/showdown with the 4 constables and Fung Nam Tin at the end. But nope, just talk and flashback then bam, he “succumbed” 2 seconds later. That was a big disappointment. And yes, Power’s supporting role does look more like the leading instead. I thi k he did really good and outshined Kenneth. As matter of fact, the supporting actors outshined the lead in this series in my opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
  2. Drew says:

Anson and Sunday?? Seriously who comes up with these names?

Login or Register before you can reply to Drew
    • Funn Lim replied:

Both are valid names, what’s the problem? Heard worse, like Internet, Funny, Icy, etc etc etc. Maybe Sunday sounds too relaxing name for a guy although luckily Anson wasn’t wednesday.

• jj replied:

^agree with Funn. There are worse nmaes: Coffee xD Wasn’t Nancy name in UA Anson? Is Sunday a Chinese name that sounds like Sunday in English?

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    • jj replied:

Heh, so Sunday is just a nickname as I thought. Flips his real name Kei Yat Sing to sing kei yat = sunday. Heh. Cute, I suppose.

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
  3. kbreezy says:

Kind of wish Tiger Cubs 2 was out after CMHD.

Login or Register before you can reply to kbreezy
  4. Ravenz says:

I’m anticipating this. Can’t wait to see Louisa again and with Wayne who is in a lazy kind of character that’s just something new compare to the more serious roles he had before

Login or Register before you can reply to Ravenz
  5. Hannahh says:

yah can’t wait to see Louisa again!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  6. reg says:

i miss 蘇玉華

Login or Register before you can reply to reg
  7. Tess says:

Miss Louisa! Hope it will be another great series by the duo!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    • Rita Ng replied:

Yes, same here.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita Ng
  8. g says:

Well, the character in Robinson Crusoe is called Friday ! LOL…. maybe he was born on Sunday ?

Login or Register before you can reply to g
  9. Cheung Wing Hong says:

Just finished the first episode. Not too bad. Already better than much more hyped series by tvb

Login or Register before you can reply to Cheung Wing Hong