Deep Ng Apologizes to Fiancee Sherman Chung for Kissing Another Woman

By on February 27, 2015 in NEWS

Dating for two years, Deep Ng (吳浩康) and Sherman Chung (鐘舒漫) announced they plan to wed next year. However, Deep was spotted going to dinner and a karaoke bar with two women on February 17. He even kissed one of the women on the lips when she boarded a taxi. Deep initially dismissed the gesture as only a friendly goodbye kiss, but later apologized for his “inappropriate” behavior and promised “to maintain distance from the opposite sex in the future”.

One day before the incident, Deep and Sherman had gone out to the movie theater together. Sherman had complete trust in Deep and praised him as good husband material. After the couple started attending church together, Deep promised to quit smoking and drinking and lead a more healthy lifestyle.

When Sherman was alerted of Deep kissing a curvaceous woman on the street, she admitted she was shocked, but will ask him about the incident. Sherman said, “I can only confidently say that Deep has a positive attitude towards work and in life, which I will support.”

Asked whether the couple will get married, Sherman replied carefully, “We have discussed it; which woman does not want to get married? However, it’s in the distant future, as I want to focus on my music career now.”

Deep Apologizes for “Inappropriate” Behavior

Through his Facebook account, Deep apologized for kissing another woman behind Sherman’s back. Deep wrote, “The woman involved in the incident is a friend whom I have known for years. It was my intention to see her board the taxi as a friendly gesture. Despite this, my behavior was very inappropriate. I sincerely apologize to Sherman, her family, and my management company. Sorry, because of my behavior, I made [Sherman] feel emotionally troubled and pressured. I have reflected deeply on the incident and realize that under all circumstances, I should protect the person I love first. I will maintain distance from friends of the opposite sex in the future.”

Deep’s Scandalous Past

Despite his apology, it was rumored that Deep had also struggled with fidelity in his past relationships. It was reported that Deep broke up with Nancy Wu (胡定欣) because of Jacquelin Chong‘s (莊思敏) involvement. He casually dated several models before dating Sherman in 2013.

Debuting with great promise as a contracted EEG singer, Deep’s career hit a bump when he was arrested for cocaine possession in 2004. Struggling to make a successful comeback since his drug scandal, Deep formed his own band, Closer. He also teaches Muay Thai boxing and started his own music school.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Jayne for JayneStars.com.

• Is Anita Cui Pregnant with Deep Ng's Baby?(1)
  • Deep Ng Sees Marriage in His Future(0)
  • Deep Ng’s Rumored New Girlfriend is Anita Chui(0)
  • Celebrities Show Love Towards Family Members(0)
  • Hong Kong Celebrities Run in Marathon(15)
  • Dante Lam’s "That Demon Within" Filled With Gunfights and Explosive Action(3)
  • Grace Wong Suffered Depression and Eating Disorder(12)
  • Raymond Lam's New Mini-Movie Stars Eliza Sam(24)
  • Nancy Wu Accused of Promiscuous Past; Involved With 7 Men in 9 Years?(75)

• 16 comments to Deep Ng Apologizes to Fiancee Sherman Chung for Kissing Another Woman

1. Crow says:

A leopard can’t change his spots, once a cheater always a cheater.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crow
      • Ms Wu replied:

He’ll never cheat. Christians don’t cheat.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ms Wu
    2. Rachel says:

he never had a positive reputation, don’t believe him at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rachel
    3. misscoo says:

He’s only sorry cause he got caught =\

Login or Register before you can reply to misscoo
      • Clementine replied:

Agree… Had he not been caught, highly doubt he’d feel guilty of his actions and be honest and tell his fiancé. He’s publicly sorry because the issue has gone public lol. I don’t follow this couple o any of their news, but my heart breaks for her since she sounds like she had complete trust in a person for life, all shattered by this very same person.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • Janet replied:

If caught, what else but apologize. For those who cheat or abuse, chances are there is a possibility of it happening again.
        Who is this guy anyway?

Login or Register before you can reply to Janet
    4. coralie says:

since when is kissing a girl full on the lips considered just “friendly”? you don’t even see that in some of the craziest countries in the world. he has some [email protected] making a statement like that. yikes really hope sherman knows what she’s getting herself into.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
      • Clementine replied:

I live in a western society and the friendly gesture of kissing as a hello or bid goodbye is pecks on the cheeks which is so common. However, don’t know how he can justify a full lip to lip make out was a form of friendly gesture. If that’s the case, well heck id rather stick to a firm handshake or friend hug lolol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
        • coralie replied:

i live in the west too, but i don’t kiss my friends. or acquaintances. hugs maybe.

some ppl do cheek kisses like some Hispanic nations, so if he called it an accidental kiss ’cause they were doing air kisses, i can understand. but he made this seem like it was an on-purpose “just friendly” kiss which is total bullocks.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
        • Clementine replied:

Yeah, by kiss I mean cheek kisses. I only do it to some friends who I know do it often as a hello and goodbye gesture, but I don’t do it with some other friends because they don’t ever do it and it’s be so awkward if I just launch a cheek kiss at them LOL. It depends on the person, whether the other party is comfortable and if that’s their common greeting gesture. But my point is, his kiss with his female friend was no where in the category of friendly gesture imo. How the heck can he convince anyone let alone his own fiancé. He might as well just admit and apologise genuinely rather than make up a bad reason to half justify his act and apologise along with it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • msxie replied:

especially if it was deep kissing and not just a friendly kiss.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
    5. irene says:

Even good friend don’t smooch on lips.

Login or Register before you can reply to irene
    6. tray says:

They were also holding hands, in couply way, like fingers crisscrossed. Even if he was debating on the kiss, no friends hold hands like that.

Login or Register before you can reply to tray
    7. Observer says:

Just saw the pics. Wow … what a player … terrible!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Observer
    8. Prettysup says:

Another funny name … Deep ??

Login or Register before you can reply to Prettysup
    9. theresa says:

Goodbye kiss on lips?? Please….you think women are stupid???

Login or Register before you can reply to theresa