Hawick Lau Understands the Burdens of a Father

By on February 22, 2014 in NEWS

Veteran actor Lau Dan (劉丹) once confessed in an interview that he had neglected his family due to his strong commitment to his acting career. His son Hawick Lau (劉愷威), who will soon be a father himself, expressed that he understood the burdens his father had to carry at the time. “He had a lot of responsibility and I knew he was going through a rough time. As his son, I never felt like he owed me anything.”

Hawick’s wife, Chinese actress Yang Mi (楊冪), is currently several months pregnant. The soon-to-be parents are extremely thrilled to start the next chapter of their life. “I have confidence that I will be able to balance both work and family,” said Hawick.

The 39-year-old actor has just completed the filming of his new drama, Lady and Liar <千金女賊> and attended a press conference for the series several days ago in Shanghai. His costar Tiffany Tang (唐嫣), who is best friends with Yang Mi, was the couple’s bridesmaid. Portraying Tiffany’s love interest in the drama, Hawick expressed that he felt like he had sinned after he kissed Tiffany’s lips.

Asked about Yang Mi’s pregnancy, Hawick happily said that she has gotten a lot cuter and prettier after becoming pregnant. He said, “When she wants something, she would point at her stomach and say, ‘It’s not me that wants it. It’s the baby!’ The taste buds of pregnant women are always changing. She would suddenly want to eat pizza and then she would eat roasted duck for three straight weeks.”

Hawick revealed that he had turned down the offers of several dramas and will be resting for a few months so he and Yang Mi can prepare for the birth of their first child. “I have two dramas airing in March, and I will be working on promoting them. After that, I will take a break and wait for our baby’s arrival.”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Hawick Lau Understands the Burdens of a Father

• Yang Mi Goes to Hong Kong to See Daughter(4)
  • Divorcee Hawick Lau To Restart Career in Hong Kong?(4)
  • Rumors Say Yang Mi is Looking to Get Full Custody of Daughter(65)
  • Hawick Lau and Yang Mi Make First Public Appearances After Divorce(14)
  • Yang Mi Spent Chinese New Year in Hong Kong with Hawick Lau(0)
  • Yang Mi Pregnant with Second Baby?(0)
  • Lau Dan Avoids Talking About Hawick Lau’s Infidelity Rumors(0)
  • Hawick Lau Buys Luxury House for Father Lau Dan's Enjoyment(7)
  • Lau Dan Asserts Yang Mi is a Good Daughter-in-law(2)
  • Unable to Stand In-Laws, Yang Mi Moves to New House for Postpartum Recovery?(135)

• 16 comments to Hawick Lau Understands the Burdens of a Father

1. HeTieShou says:

Hawick is such a sweet son and soon to be father. It is truly difficult to be not just a mother but a father too. Some do not understands the burdens of being a father/ mother until they become one themselves.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Yuaida replied:

His fatherhood is just only beginning…….just wait till your kid grows older and then the real pain of parenthood will kick in………….

Login or Register before you can reply to Yuaida
    2. sandcherry says:

Harwick Lau looks young for a 39-year old man.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Little fishy replied:

I found him looking more and more plastic every day :/ I’ve seen him when he was newbies in a few of tvb series, and even at that time, his face was not as smooth and crease line free as these days

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
        • hihi replied:

His wife looks pretty plastic too

Login or Register before you can reply to hihi
        • Little fishy replied:

She is ugly (well, I found her not pretty on the side lol). Like I like her, but she definitely only pretty if you look straight front on lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
        • Little fishy replied:

I meant she’s ugly on the side, not ugly overall lol. Don’t take it wrong hahaha

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
        • Anthony replied:

You have a good point here. By just looking at his forehand you can see it is flawless and eye-catching which gives a hint of either botox or plastic surgery. Other artists that I suspect to use Botox include Raymond Lam, Jack Wu.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
      • Lee replied:

For the most part, I think Asian guys who were good looking when they were young only get sexier with age. But Hawick looks more plastic than anything else.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
        • Little fishy replied:

It’s not about sexier. I remember his face when he was young, I used to like him, too. His debut time is about the same as Nicolas tse. Anyway, back then when he smile, he has crease line around his mouth, now, not so much -.- hence why I think he’s plastic. Plus there was a drama with yang mi, and I swear his face did not change when he cry o.o or talk…. Almost like the facial muscles can’t move >_> now granted I went to the last epi, so the character could suffer from a nerve disorder where he can’t control his facial muscle =_=? That’s my only other explanation if he did not go for ps lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
    3. gfbfz says:

he is such a great man!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to gfbfz
    4. choco-bunny says:

His face is as natural as a mannequin’s. Too much botox, Hawick.

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
    5. dragon says:

Plastic or not, personality that matters. I think Hawick is a great son and a wonderful husband.

Login or Register before you can reply to dragon
    6. UNI says:

Whatever he is still hot. That guy is the true representation of what determination meets.

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
    7. irene says:

Yes his looks seem unatural and with all those makeup.

Login or Register before you can reply to irene

He looks incredibly youthful, not just botox but his features and all. But his neck betrays his real age.