Jason Chan Leaves for Europe for His Family

By on August 20, 2018 in NEWS

Jason Chan Leaves for Europe for His Family

In July, Jason Chan (陳智燊) announced his decision to leave TVB after 12 years. With his interest to take on the world, Jason shared that he will be moving back and forth between Europe, Singapore, and Malaysia for the next few months.

“It wasn’t a hasty decision,” said Jason when asked about his reason for leaving his management agency of 12 years. “It was something I thought about for a long time. I left because I wanted to keep learning. I want to learn more.”

Jason married fellow TVB artiste Sarah Song (宋熙年) in 2016, and last April, the couple announced that they were expecting. Sarah and Jason also have a popular YouTube channel.

On what moved Jason to reach the decision of leaving TVB, he said, “Now that Sarah and I have a son, I want to go out there and try different experiences. I don’t want to be the passive one anymore. I don’t want to be stuck. I used to be very ‘obedient.’ I used to wait for my orders, but I’ve definitely become more active in making choices now, and I want to be persistent.”

Interested in performing, Jason wants to try out doing more film and stage projects. Knowing that many American production studios are interested in casting English actors, Jason himself has found a few directors to collaborate with. “I sort of want to do what Daniel Wu (吳彥祖) is doing. Of course, there is still a huge line between me and him, but like him, I want to try different things.”

With Jason leaving for overseas commitments, won’t that mean he’ll be leaving his wife and son behind? Jason said, “I actually never thought about this. I will be leaving for Europe in late September for a film project, and my son shouldn’t even be a month old then. To be honest, it still seems so surreal to me, and I haven’t fully digested it. But I should keep doing my job. I think it will all be worth it in the end. After I finish my work, I’ll spend more time with my son.”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

• Life After TVB: Jason Chan and Sarah Song Make More Money as YouTubers(11)
  • Jason Chan Reflects on his Decision to Leave TVB(0)
  • Sarah Song, Jason Chan Want to Reach International Audience(4)
  • Sarah Song and Jason Chan do Couples Yoga(0)
  • 11 Celebrity Marriage Proposals: Which One Was Most Unique?(8)
  • What’s Next for Jason Chan?(1)
  • 10 Couples Who Fell in Love and Got Married Because of TVB(15)
  • Jason Chan, Sarah Song Welcome Baby Boy(1)
  • Jason Chan Leaves TVB After 12 Years(9)
  • Jason Chan, Sarah Song Post Baby Vlog(5)

• 10 comments to Jason Chan Leaves for Europe for His Family

1. anon says:

That facial hair does not look good on him. Good riddance.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • mike replied:

@anon think it looks alright actually

Login or Register before you can reply to mike
        • wm2017 replied:

@mike I think so too. He actually looks better w/this look. Should have change it up while he was in TVB but hes got the same nerdy look in all his series.

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
        • replied:

@wm2017 @anon

Yeah, not every Chinese man can pull off a bearded look. He looks fine with it.

Login or Register before you can reply to
    2. says:

Surely you’d want to try new things before you have a child?

None the less, I hope he has a good future whatever he does. His wasn’t a great actor in TVB but maybe switching the language up might be easier for him.

I’ve stumbled across one of his youtube videos before and he seems like a great guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • replied:

@birdy2415 Yeah, seems like he’s fluent in many languages, and a smart guy. He should be like Fala Chen, and try out Mainland China and Hollywood.

Login or Register before you can reply to
    3. funnlim says:

He can speak English, he looks ok, maybe HOllywood will call. I mean acting wise.. if Crystal Liu well known in China for her beauty as much as her lack of acting skills can make it, so can he. I mean hollywood even cast a newbie Henry Golding in a lead role! Daniel Henney who is also not a good actor is thriving. Anything can happen.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
      • wm2017 replied:

@funnlim Maybe? haha lol… I don’t know, he never seems like he’s a good actor period. Daniel Henney is hot but is he popular really? I guess he still has roles to play but he’s so much hotter thou. haha lol…But hey never know, perhaps LUCK will be on his side and he will do much better than TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
      • anon replied:

@funnlim

Jason’s acting is straight cringe-worthy bad. None of the actors you’ve listed is THAT bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    4. linvin8 says:

So he’s thought about going off and trying new things so he can earn better money for his wife and son but never thought about the consequences of leaving them behind…?

Great logic.