Kelly Fu is Extremely Nervous Filming With Wayne Lai

By on October 17, 2015 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Kelly Fu is Extremely Nervous Filming With Wayne Lai

Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), Jack Wu (胡諾言), Kelly Fu (傅嘉莉), Hiromi Wada (裕美), and Matthew Ho (何廣沛) arrived at TVB City today to shoot their new series, Here Comes the God of Wealth <財神駕到>, which will be broadcast during the Lunar New Year time slot. Kelly appeared extremely nervous working alongside Wayne on set, since it was her first time collaborating with the TV King.

Wayne and Jack portray poor men in the series, and the scene spoke of them having a quarrel. Wayne laughed and expressed that he does not mind playing a poor character, since it saves him time of putting on heavy makeup and fancy costumes. Speaking of working with a relatively new generation of artistes, Wayne remarked, “They’re all really motivated and have done a great job. They’re already much better than us when we were new!”

When asked if he is worried about the series receiving low viewership ratings due to the Lunar New Year time slot, Wayne replied, “To be honest, I’ve never starred in a drama that aired at that time. However, I never really cared about the ratings anyway. They’re hard to control, and I’m just going to do my job as best as I can. When no one has hope in a series, there may be a surprise!” Wayne added he is happy to be working with producer Lee Tim Shing (李添勝) again, since his work attitude is professional and his scripts are solid.

Kelly appeared extremely nervous when she first filmed with Wayne. Even the producer noticed her anxiety and asked to have a chat with her on the side. Kelly shared, “Our producer told me to relax and do my best. He told me that he watched my performance in Captain of Destiny <張保仔> and thought I did well, so I didn’t need to be so stressed out.”

Furthermore, Kelly praised Wayne for his professional acting skills and how a simple look in his eyes would quickly bring her into character. She expressed, “He’s a really strong actor. We’ve only collaborated for a few days, and I’m already very into the series. He’s able to get me immersed in character so quickly!”

Source: On.cc

This article was written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

11 comments to Kelly Fu is Extremely Nervous Filming With Wayne Lai

1. lileric says:

Still waiting for TVB to have enough balls to release No Reserve, instead of shelving it because they are scared of the post middle aged mom’s opinions.

Login or Register before you can reply to lileric
    • jjwong replied:

@lileric doubt that series will see the light of the day especially now that Moylie (the lead) is gone.

Login or Register before you can reply to jjwong
  2. janet72 says:

if she is acting with liza wang, then maybe she would be very nervous.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  3. freedalas says:

Any lead artiste who says something like this is simply telling a blatant lie. Of course lead artistes care about the ratings. In fact that is the primary thing they care about each time a new drama is released.

Wayne Lai’s pulling power has dwindled quite abit in the past 2 years or so. Viewers no longer await eagerly for his new dramas nor is there excitement when his dramas are screened. It’s not really surprising as his acting has not been extraordinary. He reached his peak in Rosy Business and from there it’s downhill all the way for Wayne.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
    • funnlim replied:

@freedalas Speak for yourself. I have a household of middle aged women waiting for his new series. Same like any Bobby Au Yeung series. Yes he cares about ratings but he doesn’t let it rule his life. Nothing much he can do anyway.

If his acting is nothing great, 90% of TVB actors can retire.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
      • freedalas replied:

@funnlim Wow! If you have a household of middle aged women waiting for Wayne’s new series, you are in the company of people with bad taste. Birds of the same feather (bad taste) flock together I suppose.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
      • funnlim replied:

@freedalas I suppose so and I am proud to be in the company of such bad taste people. I shall leave you all the good taste. But I suppose you are too busy with Wong Cholam so I shall leave you at that.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
      • freedalas replied:

@funnlim Unfortunately I’m not too busy with WCL at the moment as news of his love-buying acts have dried up. Perhaps the paparazzis do visit this forum and read how sick and tired people are of WCL, and so stop writing about his despicable acts. Or the better news is that the shortie is running out of cash and has stop buying. If that’s is true, we will soon see Leanne dumping him. That would be the day the world re-balances itself.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
    • m0m0 replied:

@freedalas
      i would never say wayne’s acting is not good. he’s a good actor but there are some characters that he is extremely good in portraying better than any other actor. i can’t think of any other actor who can portray his RB 1 character as good as he was or the pig in journey to the west. i agree that his characters in the past two years have been all been the same but i think it is due to the limitation of the character development in the story rather than the actor. it is rare to have such an outstanding character like chai 9, miss 9 or ah-wong which really like an actor/actress shine and bring everything out. from just watching tvb series in the past 6-8, which series really stand out? I can only think of RB1 and RB2. the other ones are far from being memorable.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
    • kolo replied:

@freedalas i dont think that wayne’s acting has gone downhill but blame the directors hardly creates characters that are memorable. chi gau is an exception. give wayne a role as a psychopatic priest and he will shine again.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  4. extvbfan says:

One of the few newcomers who actually have okay acting skills.

Login or Register before you can reply to extvbfan