Mandy Wong Hopes to Get Married Before 35

By on July 8, 2013 in NEWS, Star Interviews

When it comes to rising TVB fadansMandy Wong (黃智雯) is definitely the first to come to mind. Willing to sacrifice physical beauty for her craft, the 2007 Miss Hong Kong finalist is willing to take on any role, whether it is a villain, a hateful housewife, or a naïve student. “Flora Chan (陳慧珊) told me that if I want to succeed in this industry, I have to disregard my looks. The only way to leave a lasting impression on the audience is through my acting.”

Mandy revealed that she earned her first notable role, ,A Chip Off the Old Block’s <巴不得爸爸…>  “So Fung Lin” when she was still in TVB acting class. She said, “On the day of graduation, we were given the task to perform our own skit. Most of my classmates chose to act out roles that were similar to their own characters, but I decided play the role of a little kid. The role stood out from the rest. Producer Poon Ka Tak (潘嘉德) noticed and decided to cast me as So Fung Lin. That role was when people started to notice me.”

A dancing major when she was in college, Mandy was born to be a performer. In fact, one of her main reasons for participating in the Miss Hong Kong pageant was to get TVB’s attention and have the station recruit her into their acting department.

“Joining a beauty pageant was just a way for me to join TVB’s acting department faster. It was the best way. My fellow candidates and the media all told me that I was a popular favorite to win. Although I became a finalist, I was actually praying not to win the crown! If I did win, I would get a ‘background check’, and I would lose a lot of my freedom and privacy. But this thinking was stupid. If I actually had my name known, my road would have been a lot easier.”

The winner of last year’s Most Improved Actress award, Mandy’s career gained momentum after starring as “Kwan Yi So” in 2012’s L’Escargot <缺宅男女>. Now at the mature age of 31, Mandy expressed that she is still working on achieving new heights in her career – and maybe even start a family before she turns 35! So does this mean that Mandy already has someone in her life? Mandy smiled.

Mandy broke up with her boyfriend of four years soon after participating in the Miss Hong Kong pageant. With her busy schedule, it was difficult for Mandy to find the time and energy to meet prospective partners. “But I’ve come to my senses now. In the past, when my friends had someone they wanted to introduce to me, I would come up with an excuse to not go. I suddenly came to my senses this year. It is normal to meet new guys and eat out with them. I do want to expand my own social network anyway. Don’t believe that it is easier for artists to meet new people – it’s actually much harder for us.”

What is Mandy’s ideal type? “I am very serious when it comes to relationships. I do not like casual dating. If I am in a relationship, he will have to be the one. I do want to get married and have kids before I turn 35. I still have four years left! My boyfriend does not have to be very rich. It is better if he is not in the entertainment circle. Mental compatibility is more important than physical compatibility. We have to be able to hold long conversations with each other. I believe in fate, and I am sure this person exists.”

So has Mandy’s Mr. Right appeared? “Can’t say, but I have met someone who does meet the requirements. We are seeing each other, so don’t make it sound like we are dating! If I do date in the future, and the media finds out, I will not deny it.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

32 comments to Mandy Wong Hopes to Get Married Before 35

1. sandcherry says:

Good luck, Mandy, in your love life. Hope you will find your Mr. Right soon, before you turn 35.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  2. sandcherry says:

Many also looks prettier and prettier now. I did not like her at all in her first drama series “A Chip Off the Old Block’s”, but she is acting well now.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  3. Austin says:

I liker her, she’s an up and coming actress. She seems like a person with good character too, I’m sure her love life will be fine she seems like she know what she wants. Her career is blossoming along just fine, I can’t wait to see how much more she can achieve in the future.

Login or Register before you can reply to Austin
  4. Vel says:

Well for one she seems to have a down to earth personality. Her standard for guys aren’t that high either. I’m sure she will find the love of her life soon. I guess her acting is alright too…hmm…

Login or Register before you can reply to Vel
  5. Lol says:

Did anyone watched super trio when Michael told her she should get plastic surgery so she won’t have to use tape on her eyelids? I couldn’t believe he said that lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
    • 939393 replied:

Yes I did. But is it really that surprising? Getting double eyelid surgery is as common as getting braces imo. And you can save so much time and money in your makeup. What’s more surprising is when Niki admitted that she thought of getting her nose done when it’s already perfect.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Christine replied:

The word perfect is probably not the right word and Niki’s nose is far from it. Her bridge is very low which I’m sure is why she wants to get it done.

Login or Register before you can reply to Christine
    • Austin replied:

I saw that as well, she didn’t seem too happy about it lol but every one had a good laugh.

Login or Register before you can reply to Austin
      • Clementine replied:

I think she was just in a moment was shock that he so bluntly asked/told her to do so…lol. Don’t think she was upset or anything. But tbh, although I felt like Michael was slightly rude with his abrupt comment, I did laugh out loud. Especially when he asked Niki that didn’t she already have plastic surgery…her expression was priceless lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • Clementine replied:

typo correction : *just in a moment OF shock..

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

didn’t watch, but michael said that and mandy looks surprised that he said it? that sounds rude of michael as a senior who knew better

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • Austin replied:

Yeah she didn’t really know how to respond haha I don’t think Michael was being rude. He’s close with Mandy, I’m sure she doesn’t mind and only know he’s joking.

Login or Register before you can reply to Austin
      • Bing San replied:

being the senior (michael) he does have a right to make these jokes. like eric tsang.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bing San
      • Lulu replied:

For sure she was embarrassed, Michael shouldn’t have said that but at the time it was quite entertaining lol. Who knows what kind of relationship they have behind the scene.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lulu
  6. bexta says:

I love Mandy! She is soooo much more talented than crybaby Linda Chung. Mandy will succeed! Team Mandy!

Login or Register before you can reply to bexta
    • sel_fi_wu replied:

mandy comes from acting school while linda is a lucky pageant winner who gets tremendous breakthrough roles from tvb. love mandy more because she doesn’t get all these breakthrough roles that linda get and half of her promo, but mandy put her whole acting into her performance

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • Lulu replied:

Yeah, I wouldn’t consider TVB training course as acting school lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Lulu
  7. Hope says:

As a ‘fadan’, she’s not “interesting” enough for me…lol…

Login or Register before you can reply to Hope
  8. Khanh says:

She looks younger than 31

Login or Register before you can reply to Khanh
    • Austin replied:

She’s 30, she’s turning 31 at the end of the year but not that it matters she looks as if she’s in her mid 20’s the most.

Login or Register before you can reply to Austin
  9. Agnes Tan says:

I like Mandy, she is talented and work hard to improved herself. She is pretty and simple

Login or Register before you can reply to Agnes Tan
  10. Larry 3 says:

does she even have time to search her dream husband with her chaotic tvb schedule?

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  11. Clementine says:

Really admire her-you can tell she genuinely loves performing and acting. She will excel to great lengths in her career in my opinion! Wish her all the best 😉 and will definitely keep supporting her by watching her series. She really has great potential.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
  12. sel_fi_wu says:

love mandy a lot. she’s a true artist who loves acting for being an actress and she receives recognition from her acting not just lovable roles or clean personality.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
  13. LeilaFan says:

Mandy Wong face is annoying, lips too thick. Facial lways look upset, again lips too thick. And her role in “Change of Heart” is annoying!
    And she does look like Allysa Chia onscreen, but Allysa Chia is much more prettier than her.

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
    • Wilson replied:

woah … what a shallow audience … that have no respect for people. Firstly, I don’t think anyone has any rights to compare beauty. People are born that way which can’t be change and this is what makes them unique. At least Mandy don’t go for plastic surgery which I give her props for it.

And her role in ACOH is supposed to be a annoying role. She managed to make the char come to life by making it annoying so her portrayal is indeed a success.

Login or Register before you can reply to Wilson
      • LeilaFan replied:

Nahh, it not a shallow comment. It you got a problem with others people viewpoints.
        Beauty is in the eye of the beholder: in your eyes-Mandy is beautiful, but in my eyes-she is ugly as hell.
        You can go watch your Mandy, I hate her onscreen, can’t stand her.
        I’m sure she is a nice girl offscreen, but as an actress, there fans and there haters. Deal with it.

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
      • LULU replied:

i dont agree with your comment entirely, she didnt really bring that char to life, anyone can make that role annoying bc they way the char was written.

Login or Register before you can reply to LULU
  14. miriamfanz says:

Loving her more and more. She’s great in A Change of Heart

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  15. Gar says:

I personally think she’s a good actress and can really bring out the script’s character to life especially with her roles in L’Escargot and now in A Change of Heart.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
  16. Shrimpboat says:

She reminds me of Nnadia Chan.

I think it’s a good thing she didn’t win the pageant. This path is much better and she’s now an artist recognized for talents, not just looks. Not being the Beautiful model’ type gives her the flexibility to play a variety of roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  17. Shimin T. says:

She can marry me 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Shimin T.