Roxanne Tong Replaces Jacqueline Wong in “Forensic Heroes 4”

By on May 7, 2019 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Roxanne Tong Replaces Jacqueline Wong in “Forensic Heroes 4”

Last week, Forensic Heroes IV <法證先鋒IV> producer Mui Siu-ching (梅小青) announced another actress would reshoot Jacqueline Wong‘s (黃心穎) scenes in the upcoming TVB series due to Jacqueline’s damaged reputation following her affair with Andy Hui (許志安). Today, Jacqueline’s good friend Roxanne Tong (湯洛雯) revealed she was cast for Jacqueline’s role in the drama, and even had a costume fitting today.

Siu Ching confirmed the news and said the role was given to the 32-year-old as a birthday present. “But I asked her to promise me one thing – that is, she has to lose 10 pounds by June 1st before she starts filming. She was very willing to,” the producer shared.

However, Roxanne said, “I don’t have any pressure since my weight fluctuates all the time. Sometimes I’m fat and other times I’m thin. I’ll be OK. Right now, I’m using multiple methods at once: diet, exercise, and massage. In the future, I might be able to release a book on weight loss!”

Excited about her meaty role, she revealed she’s not afraid of people saying she was a second choice. “I’m willing to do anything if the company is giving me opportunities. Having a good role is already a good thing, so I won’t concern myself with other things.”

Instead, the actress is more worried about grasping her character in a timely fashion. “Since I just received the news, I have a lot of homework to do like watching the previous episodes of Forensic Heroes,” Roxanne said.

Although she doesn’t play the main character in the drama, her role is still an important one. She has the most scenes with Raymond Wong (黃浩然) in Forensic Heroes IV, and it will be their first time working together.

Meanwhile, Samantha Ko (高海寧) and Ali Lee (李佳芯) took over Jacqueline’s scheduled job in Barcelona this month.

Source: Oncc

This article is written by MelodyC for JayneStars.com.

25 comments to Roxanne Tong Replaces Jacqueline Wong in “Forensic Heroes 4”

1. potatochip says:

Really? I haven’t seen much of her acting, but judging on the pictures above, how does she need to lose 10 lbs? Siu Ching sounds like a jerk.

Login or Register before you can reply to potatochip
    • megamiaow replied:

@potatochip Makes me mad. Actors are always told to lose weight when they aren’t actually fat. Why cant her character just be a bit chubby? (Not that she is) Humans come in all shapes and sizes.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
      • tatsumakijim replied:

@megamiaow not in HK they don’t! one size fits all.

Login or Register before you can reply to tatsumakijim
      • megamiaow replied:

@tatsumakijim Haha, probably true.

I remember buying clothes from Asia and most only offered one size. Problem with that is most of them were unshapely and baggy.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
    • littlefish replied:

@potatochip i Think it is to suit with JW’s frame? Since they only reshoot frames with JW’s face while reuse a lot of frames that is of her back? It is a cheaper way to reshoot, just like what FBB does with her wins the world drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to littlefish
      • potatochip replied:

@littlefish But Roxanne is also much taller than JW, so there will still be a discrepancy with back scenes. And there shouldn’t be that many, right?

If it is due to this, MSC should have said so. Otherwise, she just sounds catty and harsh. No need to announce that RT needs to lose weight. It sounds like she only gave her the role out of pity.

Login or Register before you can reply to potatochip
    • janet72 replied:

@potatochip Roxanne is not fat…why would she need to lose 10 pounds? anyway, I can’t see any potential in forensic heroes 4 since bobby is not in it.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    • littlefish replied:

@potatochip I’m gonna wait and watch the show go see if they will do what I think they do lol. Since I can’t see wins the world now that it is banned forever xD

Login or Register before you can reply to littlefish
  2. serene says:

Wth seriously! I would be euphoric if I had Roxanne’s body figure

Login or Register before you can reply to serene
  3. vodka says:

No idea who she is but definitely i’ll watch anyone but Jacqueline Wong at this time.

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
  4. rayne says:

Much prettier than Jacqueline, and I really liked her in Another Era as Pakho’s girlfriend!

I agree with @potatochip that Siu Ching sounds like a jerk…

Hopefully she won’t disappoint with her acting in FH4.

Login or Register before you can reply to rayne
  5. susan says:

Looking forward to watching Roxanne’s performance.

Login or Register before you can reply to susan
  6. tungamy says:

What does it mean when you’re given a role “as a birthday present”??? What is Siu Ching trying to say when she says that?
    And a birthday present that comes with a condition too -.-

Login or Register before you can reply to tungamy
  7. jcc10 says:

Why does she need to lose 10lbs..? Her figure looks perfectly fine to me

Login or Register before you can reply to jcc10
  8. khoobunny says:

I think that’s a bit insulting! I never thought Roxanne to be fat or too chubby. I think she’s perfectly fine and beautiful.

Login or Register before you can reply to khoobunny
  9. diana80 says:

I was hoping that TVB would give more opportunities to Roxanne, and i’m glad that she has been chosen to replace Jacqueline in FH4. I personally feel that she looks prettier and her acting is better than Jacqueline. She was the lead in the small budget production ‘Tofu War’, and has not been given prominent role since then.

I look forward to watching her pairing with Raymond Wong, who is also one of my favourite actor. Hopefully Roxanne will deliver a good performance and will be given more meaty roles to enhance her acting skills.

Login or Register before you can reply to diana80
  10. eleven says:

What?! Why does she have to loose weight? (Unless it’s a plot point, but I don’t remember Jaqueline having to loose any).

I’m actually very impressed with Roxanne. I remember seeing he in Come Home Love and thinking she wasn’t anything special, and was shocked she had so many “meaty” roles after – but was always pleasantly surprised by her. She has potential!

Login or Register before you can reply to eleven
    • megamiaow replied:

@eleven I was quite impressed with her acting on Mind Hunter with Kenneth Ma. Shes a much better choice than Jacqueline anyway.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
  11. ricky721 says:

Actually not a bad choice of replacement. Look forward to see her acting. Roxanne does have potential.

Login or Register before you can reply to ricky721
  12. wm2017 says:

She has always been pretty and natural looking. Her acting is ok as well. Not sure WTH she meant by losing 10 lbs. She probably wants skeleton figures if that’s her standard. She is also way prettier than alot of the TVB actresses now. I am not a FH fan esp if she’s pairing up w/Raymong Wong. I don’t really like RW’s acting period.

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
    • cutie777 replied:

@wm2017 I think Zoe Tam she’s pretty too and cute.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
  13. oktang says:

I liked Roxanne in Provacateur and Mind Hunter. I think she definitely has potential. I am looking forward to FH4.

Login or Register before you can reply to oktang
  14. cutie777 says:

I think her body is fine why needed to be loose weight? I’m imagine she go tell that chubby lady to loose another 20 to 30lbs I’m not sure what’s her name but she’s in that drama with Wong Cho Lam come on cousin part 2? That’s just not right.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
  15. jenny says:

It is like pot calling kettle, she (I mean MSC) is not actually slim, is she?

Login or Register before you can reply to jenny