Selena Li Goes “Man Hunting” at Nightclubs

By on June 28, 2011 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Since ending her four-year relationship with ex-boyfriend, Patrick Tang (鄧健泓), in 2009, Selena Li (李詩韻) had romantic rumors with TVB colleagues Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), and Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) earlier.  However, the rumors turned out to be false as 30-year-old Selena professed her single status! When Selena discovered that 38-year-old Patrick may have secretly married 22-year-old Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) last year, Selena said jealously, “He’s advancing in age and it’s time to get married! I am still looking for a good man!”

Incited by her ex-flame’s marriage, Selena suddenly became a frequent patron of nightclubs. Despite busily filming The King Boxer <拳王> with Kevin Cheng last month, Selena went to nightclubs every Friday night. She wore mini-skirts during her “man hunting” trips. Selena was spotted kissing Ching Hung’s  (清洪)godson, Xuan Mo (巫翊鳴). On another occasion, Selena hugged Terence Yin (尹子維) closely to her chest. Earlier, reporters spotted Selena bringing a man to stay at her home overnight.  It was saddening to witness Selena’s [promiscuous behavior] as a result of her broken heart.

A Different Man Every Night

On June 3rd, reporters spotted Selena bringing home a man to stay overnight at her apartment. To avoid exposure, Selena attempted to lose the paparazzi. On June 17th, Selena wore a mini-skirt and sunglasses while appearing at the celebrity-studded Tazmania Ballroom in the Central district. The entire night, Selena had her eyes on Xuan Mo. Although Selena’s pool skills were not bad, she threw her body on the pool table and raised her behind to showcase her figure.  Captivated by Selena’s bold behavior, Xuan gazed at her intensely. The pair hugged and started dancing together. Xuan kissed her forcefully on the face and Selena did not resist his advances since she was eagerly looking for love.

On June 24th, Selena appeared at the Tazmania Ballroom again. Wearing a mini-skirt and revealing her black bra straps, Selena was “attached to the hip” with Terence Yin both inside and outside the venue. Selena often pressed her chest against Terence’s body and whispered in his ears. As Selena willingly offered herself, Terence of course accepted her gesture. However, since Selena was still looking for “Mr. Right,” she retained an ounce of awareness despite he imbibed state. She rushed outside to send a text message and appeared forlorn. Well-educated and possessing a good career, of course Selena understood [the terms of] “who was willing to be touched everywhere.”

Josie Ho’s (何超儀)husband, Conroy Chan (陳子聰), was also present. Witnessing Selena’s increasingly bold advances towards Terence Yin, the chubby Conroy was agile and quickly disappeared from the scence.

Jayne: It appears that Selena is still single. I don’t think bars or nightclubs are a good place to find a serious, long-term relationship though. More like a place for the noise to lose yourself, have a good time, and find short flings.

56 comments to Selena Li Goes “Man Hunting” at Nightclubs

1. Darren says:

clubs are places to get STDs and AIDS for free.

Login or Register before you can reply to Darren
    • sky replied:

depend on what clubs.

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
  2. Funn says:

Different man every night? Ooh la la.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn
    • exoidus replied:

seems she still loves patrick. well i think most guys wouldn’t mind having a fling with her LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
  3. Kidd says:

So far, they are only able to catch 3 men in her company. Far from different man every night.

I think Teresa will look good with Terence Yin. But, is Terence dating or still single?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • josie replied:

“Only able to catch 3 men…” ?!

I guess kidd isn’t easily impressed…
      maybe, imagine all the guys they didn’t catch!
      3 diff guys on 3 diff wknds in the month of June is pretty studly to me!

But seriously, I hope selina is actually happy and not getting drunk to drown her sorrows. She has a lot going for her, no need to pine over Patrick tang.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
  4. S2 says:

lol this article makes her look like a w**** :S

Login or Register before you can reply to S2
  5. Pvt. Joker says:

village bike? so sad

Login or Register before you can reply to Pvt. Joker
  6. P says:

not a good place to look for good guys

Login or Register before you can reply to P
    • stmlw20 replied:

Agree!!Those guys are always looking for one night standss! Not real love

Login or Register before you can reply to stmlw20
  7. Chriselle says:

Wow… how long have Patrick and Katy been dating? Married already?

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
  8. Pineapple says:

Yes, very very right. Night clubs are not the sort of places to find Mr. Right. I won’t say that there are no good guys there because there are but unfortunately, not that many. Apart from that, the good ones may just go there to celebrate a birthday or something and then never seen again. I hate to say this but I do agree that a lot of them go for a one-night stand, do drugs etc. Definitely not a good place to look for a decent man. Sounds boring but she may be better off going out with another colleague.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
  9. Melody says:

Don’t understand why she has to “cheapen” herself over a relationship with a man gone wrong.

If its wrong, its wrong and gone.

Show that you’re strong and get a better man than him. Duhz..!

Login or Register before you can reply to Melody
    • SDS replied:

You are aware its the media that’s drawing the connections right? She could be doing for different reasons; in fact these could all be different instances of isolated events. HK tabloid is very good at making the dots and joining it themselves.

Login or Register before you can reply to SDS
  10. cinsin says:

I’m still surprised that she dated Patrick Tang, I wouldn’t call him a great catch. Selena is so much better than him lol It seems as though he likes to pursue younger women.

There’s definitely nothing wrong with her putting herself out there…

I’m not sure about the nightclubs in HK but they’re not that bad here, I know of many people who have found long-term relationships by meeting their partners at a club and then dating.

Login or Register before you can reply to cinsin
    • Vivien replied:

Selena can do better than Patrick. I’ve never like him and never thought of him as a talented or promising artist. Selena is more promising.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • Chriselle replied:

“I’m still surprised that she dated Patrick Tang, I wouldn’t call him a great catch. Selena is so much better than him ”

Agree mucho.

And if the rumors about Patrick and Katy being secretly married are true, I find it a bit surprising since most celebrities today don’t marry young. And like cinsin claimed, I wouldn’t consider Patrick a good catch either. He’s not close to handsome either. I thought Katy would just keep her options open since she’s quite pretty and still youthful.

I remember reading somewhere that Patrick made attempts to reconcile with Selena, but she declined. And that’s how he began dating someone new, which turned out to be Katy. Makes me wonder if the reporters are only crafting up a story here. Furthermore, Selena seems like a rather happy person and wouldn’t dwell on past relationships. Although I found it surprising that she frequent bars like this, I wouldn’t classify her as cheap. It’s very normal.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
      • ohno replied:

actually, now i remember why it didnt work out. Patrick and Selena mentioned not coming to terms in communication. they met with company pressure, he and Selena didnt agree on what to say to the media. Selena always denied being dating with Patrick and one time in public he asked her “why are you being so unnatural in response” and he was more chill about it.

you guys shouldn’t look down on Patrick just because you dont think he’s good looking enough for her, you do realize there is more to appearance? Selena has been with him for four yrs, of course she is attached. they have been through alot. also, Katy wouldn’t fall in love with him also if he were that bad. Katy was most eager to express he was her boyfriend, kinda different from Selena. not that Selena is to blame either, one has to look out for one’s career. i think Selena figured that one when it cost her the Most Improved Award which went to Nancy Wu that yr.

Login or Register before you can reply to ohno
  11. Vivien says:

I never thought Selena can be this cheap! I always take her as a well mannered girl with great behaviour and pretty gentle face. I don’t know she can be this wild!

Maybe it’s true that she becomes like this because of her disappointment over Patrick. She never strikes me as a wild party animal.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  12. jerry says:

thats sad..selena should not do that…i like her!

Login or Register before you can reply to jerry
  13. Charlie says:

Overall, it seems like Selena has low self esteem right now and just want the attention of as many guys as possible to boost her low moral after a breakup. I can sense that Selena probably got dumped by Patrick and that Patrick has another girl so quickly.

But I do disagree that how the society/public/media portrays her behavior as negative. I mean when guys do this sleeping around thing with multiple girls it is okay for most people, but when girls do it, then they are called w***** and people are not okay. I mean girls are actually more sexual than guys so I know she is just doing it to feel better after the split AND realized that Patrick already had someone else. Selena is just insecure right now short term and needs to feel good by playing and dumping these guys who is giving her the attention she is looking for.

Login or Register before you can reply to Charlie
    • SDS replied:

“I mean girls are actually more sexual than guys…”

Oh really?

Login or Register before you can reply to SDS
  14. ohno says:

its not safe for her to be with a different man every week. i agree that her and Patrick look good together. Katy Kung is wayy too young for him. wonder why Selena and Patrick broke up, they were very much in love to me. she will never find a good man in those nightclubs, you know what they all just want. while she is an adult, she should still care for her body. cant believe Selena let go. love can be both beautiful and painful.

i wonder if Katy and Patrick feel guilty? since Selena still not over Patrick. maybe Patrick will come to Selena’s rescue and rekindle? its one way to get attention and make a statement.

Login or Register before you can reply to ohno
  15. ohno says:

terrence yin sounds familiar, oh yeah she had a small 2 minute part in the movie “Dont go breaking my heart” as his pregnant wife. i think he help her get the gig because of a buddy “connection.”

Login or Register before you can reply to ohno
    • Funn Lim replied:

Isn’t he the entertainment news host?

• ohno replied:

listed as actor/producer with media relations, a frequent collaborator in Daniel Wu’s films.

Login or Register before you can reply to ohno
      • Funn Lim replied:

Ah yes, close friend of Daniel. Wasn’t he in some band with Daniel?

• Kidd replied:

@ Funn

Yes, he was in a band called ‘Alive’ with Daniel Wu, Andrew Lin and Conroy Chan, but, it’s a fake band. It’s a scheme they played out to get material and footage for their docudrama ‘The Heavenly Kings’. They got some flakes after the movie was released because they fooled the media people too. But, the movie earn Daniel Wu the best new director award in the HKFA.

After the movie was released, they ‘disbanded’ and their official website was turned into web community for artists and fans.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Masaharu replied:

The four buddies are inseparable..haha. I like Andrew and Daniel. They’re attractive to my eyes..drooling 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
  16. ohno says:

this also makes me think those guys she was rumored with(kev,ken,ed) are NOT single, or else its easy just to go for them. sadly, good men are mostly taken by now 30 and up. still, dont need to get with the gold tooth guy, some of those guys looks terrible in the pics while Selena looks wasted. i have seen this kind of thing happen and everytime its an uneasy sight.

Login or Register before you can reply to ohno
  17. Lu says:

Just for fun, not necessarily looking for Mr. Right.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lu
  18. itasoen says:

Is it really her? can’t see the pics clearly. If the reported was true, there is no point for her to make herself look cheap and destroy herself like that. One way to mend your broken heart is to live your life better than before.

Login or Register before you can reply to itasoen
  19. Aly says:

I was also going to ask if the girl in the pics is really her? I can’t even see her face in those pics. But, like what most of you said, this is not a good way to meet a good man and to drown away her sorrows. I also think she can do a lot better than do this to herself. She’s pretty, still young, a businesswoman and rising actress. I’m sure there are more eligible men than Patrick Tang.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aly
    • yina replied:

but she never said she is taking the men seriously. its obvious she just wants to have fun. i dont see anything wrong with it. she’s finally single!

Login or Register before you can reply to yina
  20. Judy says:

There is no proof that she ‘took the men home’ with her. She’s just out clubbing, dancing, and having a good time, I don’t see how that equates to cheap.

Login or Register before you can reply to Judy
    • star replied:

Yes, having fun. And she was raised in a foreign country which makes clubbing very common and normal.. judging on her personality she does seem like a party girl, I see nothing wrong.

Login or Register before you can reply to star
      • Mabel replied:

Agreed. In Canada clubbing is pretty big. I know a lot of people go clubbing to get there stress out, or just for a fun thing not meaning its a bad thing. Just cause you’re going clubbing doesnt make you cheap or whatever other people think. And the pictures are so blurry for me to even see. If shes considered cheap then all celebrities are cheap believe it or not but most HK celebrities go clubbing too the only person i think that doesnt go clubbing would probably be Linda Chung.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mabel
  21. le says:

Guess she not this good girl image that some would think.

Login or Register before you can reply to le
    • sky replied:

some1 from the US don’t party in HK? lol….

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
  22. rei says:

No ofense, her behavior sounds like a S****. She must be really depress. How could you sleep with 3 different guy in three different weekend? Absolutely no self respect! She needs some serious help.

Login or Register before you can reply to rei
  23. advo says:

Oh please. The people here must either be serious prudes or extremely naive. Or both. Just because she was seen with different men that doesn’t mean she was sleeping with them. And even if she was? That does not make her “cheap” and “the village bike” or whatever derogatory term you came up with. She’s single and can sleep with whoever she wants, whenever she wants and it’s absolutely nobody’s business! I’m more than ever convinced that women are the biggest misogynists of all!

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
    • iampheng replied:

AMEN AND HALLELUJAH! Isn’t Selena like 30 already also…it’s not like we’re under the impression that women this age in the business could be some blushing young virgin either, gosh.

I was just thinking…where in the world are SOME of the people on jaynestars from that they think this is cheap behavior? Under a rock? I personally can’t see her that clearly from the pics because the women is turned away in all of them and the only clear ones are old. And how are you going to believe any old gossip that you read when you can’t even see her clearly? Shakin’ my head….

In addition, ever heard of platonic buddies? OMG who HUG…GAWD FORBID. Some of my guy friends even kiss me on the cheeks on my face…BOTH CHEEKS ON MY FACE. Good lord.

Though this is advice that I will give to all the girls on this board that my father gave me, “you will never find your husband in a bar or club,” lol but while young just have fun. I don’t know who the girl is in the pics, and I can’t quite make out the normally hot Terence Yin in the pics…but he is such a hottie…in the villainous sort of way.

Login or Register before you can reply to iampheng
      • Kidd replied:

That big picture at the top is Terence Yin lah.

When i first saw the picture, I was going to say ‘that guy looks like Terence Yin’. But, the article already confirmed it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Judy replied:

My sentiments EXACTLY! Not every girl who goes clubbing is a bad girl who has one nighters!

Login or Register before you can reply to Judy
    • sehseh replied:

Exactly!

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
    • Funn replied:

“Not every girl who goes clubbing is a bad girl who has one nighters!”

True but one wonders why go clubbing every night or majority of the time if not to have a good time and looking for sex.

But from what I can see she was with friends. So this was no different than a gathering in a restaurant.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn
      • Judy replied:

I know a lot of girls for a period of time go clubbing fri or sat every week. It’s pretty common in the US. Sometimes, you just go to de-stress and have fun…

Login or Register before you can reply to Judy
  24. HeTieShou says:

Wasn’t she currently dating someone??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  25. star says:

Well, it’s only the media’s predictions about her going to nightclubs to look for men. How do they know her motives? I think the media is just making s**** up.

And don’t forget that Selena was raised in a foreign country. Going/hanging out at nightclubs is very common… especially single ladies.

Login or Register before you can reply to star
  26. Kidd says:

In most of the pictures, we can’t see the girl’s face. She might not even be Selena for all we know.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  27. Joan says:

The photo of her taking a “hot” guy home is the same photo in the previous article that Selena goes home with new boyfriend. I think this story is much fabricated.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joan
  28. P. Tan says:

Knowing how most reporters try to be sensational in their reports and photo taking I think we should not try to read too much to what they have to say. Here thay seem to even want to discredit Selina as to her behaviour. How disgusting!

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    • Funn replied:

No harm in some fun. Again if public opinion to her is important (which I don’t think it is) then perhaps to act with decorum.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn
  29. Lizzy says:

This is obviously fabricated. Reporters take some photos and write the most sensational story they can think of. Better don’t believe any word they write. The photos may look like they match the description in the text, but if you look closely you would know it’s complete nonsense.

Selena responded in her weibo that “it’s just a kind of a polite social gesture to mutually give a hug and a slight kiss on the cheeks. If that kind of western manner made everyone misunderstand, I’ll say sorry here.”

The first photo you see her hugging Terence. She gueststarred in a movie with him, thus it’s nothing strange that they became friends. When she sees him that night for the first time, she gives him a hug as a greeting. The reporters take the opportunity to take photo of that moment. The fourth and the sixth photo looks like taken at the same night, you can see Terence too. Selena doesn’t have any intimate behaviour with anyone. Thus you can conclude that hug was just a greeting.

The second photo shows Xuan giving just a simple kiss on the cheeks. The reporters didn’t even write that it was on the lips. A kiss as a greeting.

The third photo on the pool table, I don’t see anything wrong with that position on a table to shoot pools. It doesn’t look like seducing anyone at all, some shots just need such position to shoot. The guys at the background are looking at the balls too, I don’t see them being ‘tempted’ at all.

The photo of her face clearly with the guy is exactly the one from the previous article. The most funny thing is, that time the rumors about Katy and Patrick secret marriage wasn’t even surfaced. That time the reporters never even write one word about her being unhappy over Patrick.

This is so damn ridiculously fabricated that it’s stupid if you believe it.
    Read Selena two responses here: http://selena-li.com/2011/selenas-response-on-the-reports/

Login or Register before you can reply to Lizzy
  30. Kaka says:

How ridiculous of HK papparazzi!!!
    They r good in fabricating facts.
    Hope this news wont affect much on her career. I always think Selena is a good actress & I like her

Login or Register before you can reply to Kaka
  31. alex says:

Selena would look so much better with kenneth ma !

Login or Register before you can reply to alex