Yan Yikuan and Sunny Du’s Tropical Wedding in Bali

By on March 24, 2014 in Celebrity Weddings, Hot Gossip!, NEWS

The Heroes in Sui and Tang Dynasties <隋唐演义> star Yan Yikuan (严屹宽) and his girlfriend of five years Sunny Du (杜若溪) held their long-awaited wedding in Bali, Indonesia on the evening of March 22, 2014. The couple were engaged for four months before registering for marriage last August.

Yan Yikuan and Sunny Du exchanged their vows in front of a stunning oceanfront setting at Ayana Resort and Spa. Fireworks were shot into the sky at night, creating a warm and romantic atmosphere for the couple and their guests.

Many of the couple’s closest friends in the industry attended the wedding, including Ying Er (颖儿) and Du Chun (杜淳). Many industry friends also sent the couple their messages of congratulations. It is known that Yang Mi (杨幂), who also got married in Bali, offered some help in the wedding planning, and Yan Yikuan designed Sunny Du’s wedding dress himself.

Yan Yikuan wedding 6On the evening before their big day, Yan Yikuan published a long statement on his Weibo blog and shared his thoughts and feelings about their marriage. He thanked Sunny for staying by his side through the years and his friends and fans for supporting them through thick and thin. He also wrote about how the wedding made him more mature as an individual, “I used to say that I didn’t want to change. In my heart, I would think that I would always be a big boy. But now, I need to finally take responsibility – to Sunny, to our families, to our parents, and to society. Love can slowly help a person grow, and marriage can teach a person on how to assume [responsibility]. I believe that marriage is not the end of romance, but the beginning of happiness.”

He also made a promise to Sunny’s parents, writing, “To Bei Ba [and] Bei Ma, thank you for bringing up Sunny and turning her over to me. I believe that I will be a worthy husband [for Sunny], and you guys will definitely be able to feel our bliss and happiness.”

He finally added one last declaration to his wife, “I will use my stubbornness, devotion, and courage for my wedding and solidify them into a sapphire stone, turning it into a wedding ring for your ring finger. Let me tell you this: no matter what others think about you, you will always be my princess and the treasure I hold on my palms. They all say that a woman is at her most blissful moment when she is wearing her wedding dress, and I hope that I will give you the most perfect wedding.”

Yan Yikuan 15  Yan Yikuan wedding 5  Yan Yikuan wedding 3

Yan Yikuan wedding 8  Yan Yikuan wedding 9  Yan Yikuan 10

Yan Yikuan wedding 14  Yan Yikuan wedding 7  Yan Yikuan wedding 4

Source: QQ.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Yan Yikuan and Sunny Du’s Tropical Wedding in Bali

• Yan Yikuan and Wife Share Daughter’s Photo(2)
  • Angelababy, Yang Yang, Wu Chun to Make End of Year Drama Comebacks(1)
  • Yan Yikuan Writes Loving Letter to Wife Before Daughter's Birth(36)
  • [Pictorial] Yan Yikuan, Sunny Du in Pre-Baby Photo Shoot(4)
  • Yan Yikuan Announces He Will Be a Father(5)
  • Yan Yikuan on Marriage: “You Can’t Stop Dating After You Marry”(5)
  • Yan Kuan’s Wife, Sunny Du, Denies Pregnancy Reports(1)
  • Yan Kuan and Sunny Du Officially Registered Marriage(6)
  • Yan Kuan Successfully Proposes to Girlfriend Sunny Du (18)
  • Yan Kuan's “Love Love” Brings Sadomasochistic Love to New Levels(13)

• 43 comments to Yan Yikuan and Sunny Du’s Tropical Wedding in Bali

1. Zoe Tang says:

wow the wedding looks wow makes you want to get married.

Login or Register before you can reply to Zoe Tang
      • jayne replied:

Zoe Tang,
        The wedding is beautifully planned. Their wedding photos are indeed stunning!

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • tris replied:

I know, no idea who they are but a great looking pair indeed. Love her blueish gown too… Wow, stunning!!

Login or Register before you can reply to tris
    2. Lori says:

Damn the wedding looks so pretty (: happy for both of them

Login or Register before you can reply to Lori
    3. terisa says:

beautiful wedding

Login or Register before you can reply to terisa
    4. m0m0 says:

i have no idea who these people are. the girl looks a little too unreal to me, perhaps too much make up or surgery?

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
      • HeTieShou replied:

I guess you do not watch China series then because Yan Kuan is in many China series. I think I have seen his wife act before too but do not remember which series because she may be as popular as he is.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • ping0 replied:

I’ve seen a series with him and his wife together. It was an awful series, but he he was good to look at hehe. This wedding look absolutely beautiful and very intimate. There is not much media, like Hawich and Yang Mi’s wedding. They actually have a wedding party.

Login or Register before you can reply to ping0
        • HeTieShou replied:

Which series was that?? I don’t remember seeing them in a series together.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Funn Lim replied:

The only one I know of was The Chinese Detective starring Wallace Huo and Nicky Wu with guest star Yan Kuan as the emperor. Sunny was in there as one of the female leads so I suppose that’s the series?

• HeTieShou replied:

His wife was in Xing Ming Shi Ye?? I do not remember for some reason. I think I have to re watch it again sometime.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Funn Lim replied:

That restaurant owner who turns out to be the imperial guard. Who fell for Nicky.

• HeTieShou replied:

Oh that was her?? I do not remember… I really need to rewatch that series sometime.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Ping0 replied:

Its a modern series, i think its fairly new. I think its called sunshine happiness something along that line.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ping0
      • Funn Lim replied:

m0m0, probably some cosmetic surgery. Or major cosmetic surgery.

• HeTieShou replied:

Most likely…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    5. HeTieShou says:

WOW,very nice wedding! COngrats to them! I was confused at first since Yan Kuan usually just goes by Yan Kuan only instead of Yan YiKuan. I thought they already had a wedding?? Anyways, so beautiful and makes everyone want to get married too.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    6. sehseh says:

Congrats to Yan Kuan & his lovely bride 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
      • Funn Lim replied:

Sehseh, when did he become Yan Yikuan? Or was he all along Yan Yikuan?!

• Funn Lim replied:

P/s beautiful wedding, at least a normal romantic one.

• sehseh replied:

I faintly remember he decided to change his name a year or two back, came across that post in weibo.

But everyone still call him as Yan Kuan though. Shrugs.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • Funn Lim replied:

He probably changed his name at the same time his wife changed her name? Yan Yikuan? But Yan Kuan is catchier! I don’t see how changing his name changed his fortune except he got himself a wife he adored.

7. Amy says:

Yan Kuan is a super handsome groom, I’m glad he found his happiness. I wish the sweet couple forever love and happiness.

Login or Register before you can reply to Amy
    8. Canto says:

Yan Kuan, the most sexy Chinese actor in my books! His girlfriend is a lucky gal!

Login or Register before you can reply to Canto
    9. msxie says:

Yan Kuan is also a very talented singer and songwriter.
      Just saw some of his sketches and cartoons and they look very professional. He’s got it all: talent/looks/heart

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
    10. P. Tan says:

Lovely and romantic wedding plus handsome couple. Congratulations Yan Yikuan or Yan Kuan (though I prefer the former)!

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    11. Ap says:

I love Yan Kuan!!!! So happy for them! The wedding is absolutely stunning.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ap
    12. muse says:

wow..though i do not know china celebrities, but they indeed look match perfectly…the guy have similar look to deric wan while stunning wife similar to kathy chow (niki chow younger sister)…

Login or Register before you can reply to muse
      • HeTieShou replied:

I think his wife looks like a combination of Hu Jing and Shu Chang who are both mainland actresses.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    13. Chi chi says:

How ironic as I’m currently watching 恋了爱了starring both of them as lead.
      Yan Kuan is so dashing and handsome in the series. He looks good even in modern drama. Sunny Du looks cute and pretty and at least she doesnt looks so pkastic as compared to the rest of the China actress who looks all the same.
      A beautiful couple and congrats to them

Login or Register before you can reply to Chi chi
    14. Joanne says:

Wow, Yan Kuan got to be the most handsome groom ever!!! How can he look so dashing in every pics!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne

• jayne replied:

Funn,
        “I just realised it says Bali and Bali can be very hot and here they look so fresh. Do beautiful people not sweat?”

Their assistants or bridesmaids were probably hovering over them with blotting papers and makeup retouches. But the wedding setting is dreamy and lovely photos!

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • Funn Lim replied:

No doubt, the wedding is normal AND beautiful and looks like a wedding proper. But just wondering, not one sweat or hair out of place. I suppose you just answered my question!

• Funn Lim replied:

Wow, more stunning pictures here.

• sehseh replied:

Absolutely stunning! Love that pic of teary eyed Yan Kuan & the black & white photo of him kissing her.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
    16. Yum says:

im sorry but is it just me ? The bride’s face is so stiff.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
      • Teena replied:

Sunny Du actually did have major plastic plastic surgery. I’ve seen the before and after pics, when Yan Kuan’s fans bashed her. He stuck by her and she him when they both were going through hard times. Its cool that they can both make each other a better person and find happiness.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teena
        • HeTieShou replied:

I had a feeling because her face looks like the typical doll like look.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    17. Lillian says:

What a cute couple! Congrats to them.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lillian
    18. bubblez says:

reminds me of hawaii scenery

Login or Register before you can reply to bubblez
      • bubblez replied:

Actually to clarify, the pictures reminds me of Hawaii and some parts of the Caribbean Islands. It’s very gorgeous, and best wishes to the newly wedded couple ^.^

Login or Register before you can reply to bubblez
    19. tika says:

Damn!! what a beautiful wedding!! ;;)

Login or Register before you can reply to tika