JayneStars.com logo

Celebrity Weddings: Karen Mok and Johannes

By on October 1, 2011

Celebrity Weddings: Karen Mok and Johannes thumbnail

On October 1, 2011, Karen Mok (莫文蔚) and her first love, German boyfriend, Johannes, got married in Italy at a countryside vineyard. The couple met in Italy when Karen and Johannes studied together and fell in love.  Many years later, the couple met again and decided to get married. Their romantic love was the object of envy for many people!

After winning the Golden Melody Award for Best Female Singer in June and completing her concert performances,  Karen Mok arrived in Florence, Italy to finalize wedding arrangements. Since Karen and Johannes met again in Italy after a long separation, both bride and groom wished to have their wedding in Italy. Karen  specifically chose the vineyard which was featured in a Ferregamo pictorial shoot from 1995, in which she was stunned by the Chateau’s beauty at the time.  As a perfectionist, Karen planned every detail of the wedding closely. Karen asked Hong Kong designer, Johanna Ho (何志恩) to design the wedding gown, and arrange Maid of Honor, Stacey Ma’s (马怡静) bridesmaid gown, as well as the four flower girl dresses.

Karen and Johannes’ wedding ceremony was held in at the church on the vineyard’s premises. Since the Italian customs at the church were more conservative and did not allow the bride to wear a strapless wedding gown, Karen decided that the wedding gown should convey a sense of “innocence.” Hong Kong designer, Johanna Ho, used a large amount of lace in Karen’s tailor-made, unique wedding gown. De Beers jewelry provided the latest jewelry collection for the bride to wear. Ferragamo provided a specially designed pair of wedding shoes for Karen, in which only one pair of these shoes existed in the entire world.

The wedding venue was decorated in a pink-colored theme, fully demonstrating the feeling of pure romance. Johannes’ three children [from a previous marriage] were present. Karen personally selected the pink-colored dresses for her husband’s two daughters.

The wedding ceremony started at 3 PM at the church. Karen was led by her elder brother. The 100 guests in attendance were taken in by the bride’s beauty. Possessing a good relationship with the groom, Karen’s elder brother led the bride to the Johannes. The priest blessed the couple and after the newlyweds exchanged vows and rings, Johannes lifted the veil and kissed Karen. When Karen and Johannes left the church, the guests threw rice upon the newlyweds to send their best wishes, concluding the wedding ceremony.

Source: Sohu.com

Jayne: Congratulations to Karen Mok in her wedding to first love, Johannes! Her wedding looked spectacular and Karen was uniquely beautiful in her vintage-style wedding gown!

Tags: , ,

• Karen Mok Gushes Over October Wedding; Wants Mixed Blood Baby(14)
  • Leo Ku Marries Lorraine Chan in Las Vegas(27)
  • Celebrity Weddings: Sandy Lau and James Lee's Wedding(22)
  • Celebrity Weddings: Koni Lui and Dickson Wong(27)
  • Yoyo Chen 2-Months Pregnant with Vincent Wong’s Baby, Sparking Rushed Wedding (34)
  • Jay Chou Secretly Married 18-Year-Old Model While Vacationing In France(79)
  • Celebrity Weddings: Gigi Leung and Sergio(20)
  • Stephen Huynh to Hold Wedding in France in 2012(25)
  • Celebrity Weddings: Sonija Kwok and Zhu Shaojie(19)
  • Leehom Wang Wishes Jay Chou Happy Birthday(9)

• Readers' Comments (41)

1. Michelle says:

I’m wondering what language are they communicating? English? German? Italian? The wedding looked very simple yet elegant. Consgrat!

2. Addy says:

^ I think German? I remember reading somewhere that Karen can speak German.

3. irene says:

Congrats Karen!

Romantic wedding..not everyone can marry their first love..

4. samche says:

This is just cute. Love the ceremony and wish them all the best of luck.

5. sehseh says:

Congrats to Karen.

Sonija Kwok and Gigi Leung were also married yesterday.

• Lola says:

Gigi Leung? To whom?

• sehseh says:

A Spanish guy

Stephen Huynh is also going to marry his gf Peggy.

So many weddings :)

• Kidd says:

Stephen Huynh is only 33 years old now. Considered early to marry for HK male artists.

Wish him a very happy marriage.

Gigi and Sonija too. Congrats to them. Wish them have a happy marriage.

• HeTieShou says:

Gigi Leung is going to get married? to who???

• HeTieShou says:

Oh sorry, question has been answered… That is out of the blue for me since I thought that she was not even dating anyone. Congrats to everyone!

• Jayne says:

HeTieShou,
          Here is a video clip of Gigi Leung and fiance, Sergio. Allegedly, the couple only met in March 2011.

• HeTieShou says:

@Jayne,
          Thanks for the clip. I guess it is fate and the length of dating time does not always indicate whether you will spend the rest of your life with a person or not. You can date for many years and it can come to nothing, but only know someone for a very short period of time and end up marrying them. I guess that is what you call fate.

Thanks for your invitation for the chat but I have been soo sad and depressed due the passing of my 6th older brother…. But I hope that everyone had a great time chatting…

• josie says:

@HTS:

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know you must miss him terribly but I promise it will get better. Try to remember all the good times and he will stay in your heart forever. I hope you can find comfort with your family and always cherish your love for each other.

• HeTieShou says:

@Josie,
          Thanks so much for your sweet words of sympathy. I really appreciate it and it was not the first time I have lost someone. I lost my father years ago and was recovering from that and now this suddenly happens. I will cherish our memories together and pray that one day I will see everyone again when I reach the other side… Thanks again for your sweet words. THey mean a lot to me…

• Kidd says:

My condolence to you, HTS.

• Jayne says:

HeTieShou,
          “Thanks for your invitation for the chat but I have been soo sad and depressed due the passing of my 6th older brother”

We missed you and I did notice your absence from the website over the last two weeks.

I am very saddened to hear about your brother passing away. I know a family member passing away is devastating and that no words can express the grief that you and your family must be experiencing right now. I hope you and your family stay strong in this difficult time of loss.

“What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.” — Helen Keller

• CY says:

@HeTieShou

I’m sorry to for your loss. My dearest condolences. God bless.

• Funn Lim says:

Sonija wedding pics?

6. Summer says:

Congratulations to Karen and Johannes !

Sonija and Gigi were married too???

7. The Cig Girl says:

Congratulations….may she find all the happiness in her marriage…

8. Vvvisitor says:

Congrats!! Their wedding looks spectacular!

Very nice wedding dress except for her posture. She looks beaming, as do all brides but interesting; she married her first love and is now a stepmother to his children? So it is true? That you always go back to your first love if there’s a possibility? Lovely wedding though. I think this will last, maybe. I wonder, who foots the wedding bill?

• Funn Lim says:

I will say this much; her wedding gown is more beautiful than those western celebrity. I do think Chinese/asians design very nice wedding gowns and I don’t mean Vera Wang; I mean those in Asia.

10. Moonriver says:

That pink bouquet is beautiful…Would have loved to see how the chateau looks like from outside.

Nice photos, everyone looks natural. I like the dresses of the two young girls/bridesmaids.

11. Vivien says:

Congrats to them!! I heard gigi leung is getting married too! Sonija also already married!

12. HeTieShou says:

COngrats to them and I guess her union is also an indication that you can one day marry your first love. I think fate does exist then….

• Pineapple says:

HeTieShou,

Please accept my sincere condolence and I know exactly what you are going through my beloved mother passed away only 3 months ago and I was devastated. You don’t exactly get over the loss, never, but it gets easier as time passes and you should (like I do) just remember the good times together and glad that he is now resting in peace.

Once again, please accept my belated condolence as I only read about your sad news today.

13. cinsin says:

Such lovely pictures, her gown is very traditional and suited the church wedding well :D

I also adore the bridesmaids dresses!

14. congrats and good luck for you :)

15. Pineapple says:

Its nice to see another mixed marriage – it seems to be more common nowadays whereas once upon a time, Chinese people only want to marry Chinese. Maybe its because a lot of them meet at universities when they study abroad and tend to mix more with people from different race.

Anyway, they both look so happy and good luck to them.

• jeff says:

no, they want to marry man with beautiful facial features or good features or at least strong stoic features. those features are found mostly in caucasian men. chinese consider themself second best beeing between caucasian (best) and black (are despised by asians), so the girls marry white man due to their eugenic motivation they would never admit.

16. Bridget says:

Congrats to Karen. I think she’s also partly European (German?) so she herself is also considered mixed. Love the dress – unique and vintage and she looks happy.

• Jürgen says:

if she is, than she does not look european at all, her facial features are typical for south-eastern asian or pacific asians.

17. Sharon says:

Old news maybe, but I adore her dress! That’s how I want my dress to look when I get married. ^^ And 3 stepchildren…wow.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: