Nomination List for 2011 TVB Anniversary Awards

By on November 11, 2011 in NEWS, TV Dramas

The annual TVB Anniversary Awards was a high profile event, in which the various awards recognize the talent and efforts of artists and production team for their efforts over the last year. The 2011 TVB Anniversary Awards will be held on December 5th at 8:30 PM.  Direct satellite broadcast will take place in Australia, New Zealand and other locations. The residents in Hong Kong may cast a vote in the 13 award categories.

Below are the nominees for the major categories of the 2011 TVB Anniversary Awards:

Best Actor:
Chilam Cheng (The Rippling Blosssom)
Stephen Au (Be Home for Dinner)
Moses Chan (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice)
Roger Kwok (Wax and Wane)
Ron Ng (Wax and Wane)
Ruco Chan (The Other Truth)
Steven Ma (The Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Kenneth Ma (The Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Michael Tse (Lives of Omission)
Bosco Wong (Lives of Omission)
Bobby Au Yeung (Men With No Shadows)
Raymond Lam (Men With No Shadows)
Wayne Lai (Forensic Heroes 3)
Sunny Chan (Curse of the Royal Harem)

Best Actress:
Liza Wang (Home Troopers)
Tavia Yeung (The Rippling Blossom)
Louise Lee (Only You)
Yoyo Mung (Only You)
Crystal Tin (Be Home for Dinner)
Linda Chung (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Charmaine Sheh (My Sister of Eternal Flower)
Selena Li (The Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Fala Chen (Lives of Omission)
Kate Tsui (Lives of Omission)
Nancy Sit (River of Wine)
Elena Kong (River of Wine)
Maggie Cheung (Forensic Heroes 3)
Jessica Hsuan (Curse of the Royal Harem)
Myolie Wu (Curse of the Royal Harem)

Favorite Male Character:
Chilam Cheng (The Rippling Blosssom)
Stephen Au (Be Home for Dinner)
Jason Chan (Be Home for Dinner)
Moses Chan (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice)
Ruco Chan (The Other Truth)
Raymond Wong (The Other Truth)
Steven Ma (The Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Michael Tse (Lives of Omission)
Bosco Wong (Lives of Omission)
MC Jin (Super Snoops)
Wong Cho Lam (Super Snoops)
Louis Yuen (Super Snoops)
Johnson Li (Super Snoops)
Wayne Lai (Forensic Heroes 3)

Favorite Female Character:
Sonija Kwok (7 Days in Life)
Yoyo Mung (Only You)
Louise Lee (Only You)
Liu Xuan (Grace Under Fire)
Crystal Tin (Be Home for Dinner)
Linda Chung (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice)
Sharon Chan (Ghetto Justice)
Toby Leung (Wax and Wane)
Tavia Yeung (The Other Truth)
Fala Chen (Lives of Omission)
Kate Tsui (Lives of Omission)
Liza Wang (Super Snoops)
Maggie Cheung (Forensic Heroes 3)
Aimee Chan (Forensic Heroes 3)

Best Supporting Actor:
Kenny Wong (Links to Temptation)
Cheung Chi Kong (A Great Way to Care)
Patrick Tang (7 Days in Life)
Elliot Ngoc (Grace Under Fire)
Matt Yeung (Be Home for Dinner)
Law Lok Lam (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Sam Lee (Ghetto Justice)
Jazz Lam (Ghetto Justice)
Lee Sing Cheung (The Other Truth)
Cheung Kwok Keung (The Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Derek Kwok (The Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Ben Wong (Lives of Omission)
Pierre Ngo (River of Wine)
Power Chan (An Uninvited Date)
Lee Kwok Lun (Forensic Heroes 3)

Best Supporting Actress:
Vivien Yeo (A Great Way to Care)
Lam Yi Kei (Be Home for Dinner)
Queenie Chu (Yes Sir, Sorry Sir)
Sharon Chan (Ghetto Justice)
Joyce Tang (Ghetto Justice)
Mannor Chan (Wax and Wane)
Florence Kwok (Wax and Wane)
Aimee Chan (The Other Truth)
Natalie Tong (The Other Truth)
Helen Ma (The Other Truth)
Ching Hor Wai (The Life and Times of a Sentinel)
Elena Kong (Lives of Omission)
Sire Ma (River of Wine)
Nancy Wu (Forensic Heroes 3)
Gigi Wong (Curse of the Royal Harem)

Most Improved Actor:
Jazz Lam (My Sister of Eternal Flower, Ghetto Justice, River of Wine, Ghetto a la Spice, Neighborhood Gourmet)
King Kong (Gourmet Neighborhood, Super Snoops)
Jason Chan (Only You, Home, Home for Dinner, Dropping by Cloud Nine )
Matt Yeung (Only You, My Sister of Eternal Flower, The Other Truth, Home for Dinner)
MC Jin (Big Boys Club, Show Me the Happy, Stairway to Dragon, Yes Sir Sorry Sir, Lives of Omission, Top Eats)

Most Improved Actress:
Samantha Ko (Eat This Way, After Hours, Admirals Feast, Forensic Heroes 3)
Sire Ma (Eat This Way, Relic of an Emissary, River of Wine, An Uninvited Date, Curse of the Royal Harem)
Mandy Wong (The Scoop, Home Troopers, Ghetto Justice, Lives of Omission, An Uninvited Date)
Cilla Lok (Yes Sir Sorry Sir, River of Wine, Forensic Heroes 3)
Katy Kung (7 Days in Life, Ghetto Justice, Home for Dinner, The Life and Times of a Sentinel)

Best Series:

River of Wine
An Uninvited Date
Super Snoops
Admirals Feast
Till Love Do Us Lie
Forensic Heroes 3

Jayne: I guess the most surprising was that Ruco was not nominated for Most Improved Actor. Michael Tse and Kevin Cheng are widely speculated to be the hot favorites to win the Best Actor Award. However, when Kevin won Best Actor in 2006 for “Under the Canopy of Love,” he was the dark horse that surprised everyone.

Will Ruco have a shot in winning the Best Actor Award this year, if TVB decides to promote Ruco in the same manner as they did to Kevin in 2006 by giving him the top prize? It really depends on how valuable TVB sees Ruco, Michael Tse, and Kevin Cheng respectively in 2012.

Jazz Lam may have the edge in winning the Most Improved Actor Award. The next closest contender would be Mc Jin. I just watched several of MC Jin’s rap battles and impressed by his quick thinking on his feet and sense of humor. He’s a very entertaining personality, but also very well grounded.

For Most Improved Actress, I think Sire Ma will win the award. I don’t understand how Samantha Ko can be nominated if the majority of her experience has been hosting food programs.

221 comments to Nomination List for 2011 TVB Anniversary Awards

1. jj says:

totally agree with everyone LOOL i love how everyone thinks that kate is the worst actress ever LOL her acting still hasnt improve…
    :D
    and i like how tvb or whoever is trying to promote her like crazy.. but they dont understand that kate sucks period

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    • deric replied to jj

Haha totally agree with u la. She’s the worst!!

Login or Register before you can reply to deric
    • Fox replied to jj

Not everyone. I think Kate improved a lot. If consider the villain acting, I think she is way better than TY, at least she can control herself and not glare too much.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Larry 3 replied to Fox

Kate has improve her makeout scenes, her acting is garbage.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • derick replied to Fox

Haha kate’s better than Tavia? R u kidding me? Sometimes she even worse than fala. But this year she’s better than fala… Dats all…

Login or Register before you can reply to derick
      • Fox replied to Fox

No kidding. I really think so. Acting villain doesn’t mean you glare, glare and glare more. TY might have better acting in other things than Kate but in acting villain, she failed.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • amey replied to Fox

U wish… :p

Login or Register before you can reply to amey
      • kay replied to Fox

@Larry,
        Yeah, she have the most make out scene in every series, it’s to distract the audience from her bad acting lol…

Login or Register before you can reply to kay
      • Larry 3 replied to Fox

Yep, very distracting! I can not watch….

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • WhoAmI replied to jj

Yes. My big family is tired of her face – one after another, she appears like amost every show.

Does TVB have no other actress?

Login or Register before you can reply to WhoAmI
      • tvb_lover9 replied to WhoAmI

Yeah. I agree. on that. Like seriously, everywhere, there’s a nice guy like Ron or Bosco and out pops her.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvb_lover9
    • exoidus replied to jj

LOL, i also agree. She is the most fake and worst actress TVB have promoted.

I can see that they have made some progress to make people think she is anything hot and a good actress.

She has offically become the “makeout” actress in tvb, guess she also do that with the executives. otherwise i see no reason to promote such an ordinary actress when there are so many better options available…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • Kimmy replied to jj

Totally agree. Well, i think she is only suitable for those villain,sexy and slutty roles. I don’t get why TVB promotes her like crazy!

Login or Register before you can reply to Kimmy
  2. CY says:

Haha, I like the Most Horrible list better than the nomination list.. Nice work!

BTW, TVB should also learn the difference between guest star and supporting actor/actress.. haih.. another thing they should add to their long list to improve.

Login or Register before you can reply to CY
    • Larry 3 replied to CY

You kidding? TVB learns? lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Kidd replied to CY

TVB always mess up their list. I see some actresses/actors in the ‘Best Lead Actor/Actress’ category that should be in the ‘Best Supporting’ category.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Vivien replied to Kidd

The most GLARING SHOCKING is Elena Kong in ROW that’s why I point that out. Sure she was great in the series but ROFL not only her role isn’t the biggest but her face in the poster also smaller than Linda and Nancy

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • Vivien replied to CY

rofl Aimee Chan in TOT for supporting actress. I forgot to add that. Most F**cking Nomination.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • Larry 3 replied to Vivien

Indeed!

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  3. WhoAmI says:

Jazz Lam wins most improved actor, it will be great. For other awards, who win will not be important – they all suck in one way or another and it is TVB game plus a little bit audience satisfaction.

Login or Register before you can reply to WhoAmI
    • WhoAmI replied to WhoAmI

Probably, TVB employees come to this website (jaynestars) to read people’s comments to determine who will get these awards.

Login or Register before you can reply to WhoAmI
  4. fung says:

My prediction:
    Best actor: Ruco
    Deserved: Bosco

Best actress: Myolie
    Deserved: Jessica/ Maggie

Fave male: Kevin
    Deserved: Kevin

Fave female: Linda
    Deserved: Linda

Most improved: Sire
    Deserved: Nancy

Best series: The curse of royal harem
    Deserved: The curse of royal harem

Login or Register before you can reply to fung
    • derick replied to fung

I only support kevin, ruco, nancy and linda in ur list.

Login or Register before you can reply to derick
    • lol replied to fung

I disagree with Jessica/Maggie. Jessica is out of place in a palace setting and Maggie’s role isn’t a Best Actress winner.

I disagree about the award choice for Nancy too. She deserved Best Supporting Actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • tarabas replied to lol

Hihihi… If u think maggie and jessica doesn’t deserved to win. I wonder who’s on ur list. Hopefully not myolie lorrr. She’s terrible in CORH. Kate and fala still far away to win the awards.. Just pretty face. Linda’s quite ok because she improved loads… Tavia’s the best but no dramas shows her actual talent. Please give her more challenging role next year.

Login or Register before you can reply to tarabas
      • wai san replied to lol

Micheal & Bosco. I love them

Login or Register before you can reply to wai san
      • Fox replied to lol

Myolie has most voted from other TVB artists and Fala is the second. Lol, look like they will win. Then it seems to be a punch to someone‘s supporters :P.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • deric replied to lol

Haha myolie and fala have more voted? Huhu people r blind. No wonder tvb lost their best actors and actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to deric
      • Fox replied to lol

Maybe their eyes are even better than you :P. So in your opinion, the ones who are working with TVB are the bad actors and actresses? Including kevin, ruco, nancy and linda in your voted?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • lol replied to lol

@Fox I think I shouldn’t even bother to guess who’s the ‘someone’ you’re implying and the supporters lol :D

The TVB artistes know real well who they’re voting for :)

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • deric replied to lol

Haha actually I’m happy to hear that myolie and fala on the top. Haha at least they dun give it to kate. Haha. I was a big fan of myolie… So I dun really mind. :p

Login or Register before you can reply to deric
      • Fox replied to lol

@lol: It’s too clear for ppl in here to know about whose supporters I’m mentioning.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • top replied to lol

I confidence that myolie will win for best actress while linda will win for fav character. Let’s wait and see.

Login or Register before you can reply to top
      • lol replied to lol

@Fox It’s clear since only someone’s supporter come here and complain many times :P

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Fox replied to lol

And then deny and call this site an anti site, lol, but still come to visit frequently. It’s so funny.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • amey replied to lol

Tavia always the best! Myolie better and kate disaster ekekekkeeee

Login or Register before you can reply to amey
    • taiko replied to fung

Vote tavia & micheal

Login or Register before you can reply to taiko
    • YanYanKong replied to fung

Since your name is fung, are you a fan of Raymond lam? Why isn’t he on your list?

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  5. ping0 says:

Who makes up these list! Uh so wrong! Some of these actor/actress/series have no business being on anything BEST!

Login or Register before you can reply to ping0
  6. selipar jepun says:

I support Linda but I dun mind if Jessica or Maggie wins. I love Ruco but it’ll be ok if Bosco wins.

Login or Register before you can reply to selipar jepun
  7. A says:

Support Kevin, Myolie,Ruco and Linda!!!! Vote for them :D

Login or Register before you can reply to A
  8. YKM says:

just a question. does tvb decide who the winners are?? then why do the public get to vote?

Login or Register before you can reply to YKM
    • YanYanKong replied to YKM

They let us vote just to boost the ratings of their shows or like do advertising for them and get people excited about it.
      I think they also do it so they can see who people like so that their award results will not be too surprising and they will know who they should promote next year.

If only the award results are what the majority voters want. =(

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  9. Alec Nguyen says:

I myself support Jessica

Login or Register before you can reply to Alec Nguyen
    • taiko replied to Alec Nguyen

Me too :) she deserved.

Login or Register before you can reply to taiko
  10. kiem tran says:

I always support Ruco n Tavia.their act really good!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiem tran
  11. YanYanKong says:

Why do people HATE Kate so much? I think she’s a good actor. I like her, especially when she’s paired with Ron.They just have great chemistry together. TVB should add an award for best onscreen couple (i’d deffinately vote for them). TVB should also have an award for best drama theme song.

Now back to the actual TVB awards.
    I voted for Raymond for best male actor. I think he is a really good actor. He’s very natural and I love watching his crying scenes. It’s so emotional and touches me very much.
    For best female actress, I voted for Linda. I don’t really like Myolie, so… I don’t think Fala is good enough for the award yet and Kate, she did ok this year, but not good enough so that she deserves an award.
    Supporting actor/actress, I voted for Nancy and Law Lok lam.
    For Characters, I voted for Bosco and Tobys’ characters. I really liked Toby’s character as the big eater.
    Most improved, I picked Alex Lam and Mandy Wong.
    My fave drama was Wax and Wayne (that’s cause I don’t live in HK and only watched a few of this years dramas online.
    For the TVB.com award, I decided to vote for Ron(even though I know the winner will deffinately be Raymond).

I know for sure that what I voted for will not be what most people like or vote for and I know that voting is useless cause TVB internally decides who wins what. I do it anyways though just for the sake of it.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • Masaharu replied to YanYanKong

Hrm, speaking of Toby..I’m curious here; are viewers still hating on Toby? I’ve pretty much embraced her since Growing Through Life. She may look “average”, but her acting wasn’t as bad as what word of mouth are always suggesting; at least to my eyes :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
      • Funn Lim replied to Masaharu

Toby? Toby…. which Toby.. that Toby with the monotone voice and the look like the world is coming to an end, to which her perssimistic facial expressions can fight with Natalie Tong who wins by the fact that even her voice sounds to dramatic?

Toby is a terrible actress fortunate enough to star around veterans and given prominent roles when frankly I feel she doesn’t deserve all that.

If it is another TOby, my apologies. I am really lost these days with names.

• Kidd replied to Masaharu

I’ve never hated her. Her acting started out weak, but, I find that she has improved a lot recently. I like her in Super Snoops.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Funn Lim replied to YanYanKong

I don’t hate Kate but I don’t think she is as good as anyone says she is. But I do find her sexy, however more put on sexy than naturally sexy. I still think her perfect role is that of a crazy murderous sexy lunatic.

12. judy says:

Best Drama-Lives of omisions
    Best Actor-Michael tse
    Best actress-Fala chen
    Fav character award-kevin&linda

Login or Register before you can reply to judy
  13. rene says:

Best DRama-between ghetto,forensic/loo
    actor-mike/kev
    actress-myolie/fala

Wayne wontwin !!!it is impossible if he wins,if he wins it shows that he is the only actor that tvb has…gv some chance for others to win…

Login or Register before you can reply to rene
  14. Bridget says:

What a ZZZZZZZZ list. The pickings get slimmer every year, don’t they?

I suppose the only ones that I’m really supporting this year are Vivian Yeo for A Great Way to Care and Jazz Lam for Most Improved.

Now to watch some of the ones that are actually pegged to win…

Login or Register before you can reply to Bridget
    • Larry 3 replied to Bridget

No, this year is actually the worst TVB award nomination list in its history because TVB series sucks 100 times this year!

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  15. Fox says:

@Funn: Look like both of your fave actor support LF to win:

各有各撑
    视帝视后之争转入大直路,郑嘉颖与谢天华各有支持艺人,不过次热门黎耀祥及黑马林峯也不乏艺员同事力撑,战况愈见激烈!
    视帝人选 支持艺人
    郑嘉颖 胡杏儿、苟芸慧、陈敏之、陈豪、黎耀祥
    谢天华 黄宗泽、苗侨伟、郭政鸿、杜汶泽
    黎耀祥 钟嘉欣、陈茵媺、吴卓羲、林 峯
    林 峯 林保怡、黎耀祥

Take from there: #15431965648" rel="nofollow">http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1286706070?pid=15431965648&cid=0 #15431965648

Bowie and Wayne. How do you think?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Kidd replied to Fox

Wayne Lai support 2 people.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  16. brandon pham says:

vote for Myolie Wu

Login or Register before you can reply to brandon pham
  17. Hang Nguyen says:

I agree with Brandon, I will vote for Myolie Wu too
    Hang

Login or Register before you can reply to Hang Nguyen
  18. Jessica says:

I think u made an error for best supporting male actor! for Derek Kwok u wrote The Life and Times of a Sentinel and he wasn’t even in that series. I think u ment to put Lives of Omission!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
  19. Kim says:

Best actress: Tavia Yeung
    She really deserved the Best Actress Trophy than Myolie Wu & Fala Chen.

Best Actor: Kevin Cheng

Login or Register before you can reply to Kim
  20. FromSingapore says:

Sorry.Cause i am from singapore and dun really know much==”How do u guys vote for the tvb actors/actress.can u ppl help me.D:

Login or Register before you can reply to FromSingapore