2015 TVB Sales Presentation: Charmaine Sheh and Moses Chan Remain as Favorites

By on November 5, 2014 in Hot Gossip!, TV Dramas

TVB held its annual Sales Presentation last night to promote the 2015 drama line up. Over 200 of the station’s artistes attended, and many performed in drama skits to attract the 1000 advertisers at the event.

Charmaine Sheh Returns As TVB’s # 1 Sister

Although Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) films with TVB under a per-series contract, she is still highly valued by the station and placed in the center spot at the Sales Presentation group photo along with TV King, Moses Chan (陳豪). Even Roger Kwok (郭晉安) and three-time award winner, Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), had to step aside for the night.

Even more shocking was Kate Tsui’s (徐子珊) placement during the group photo. Rumored as a hot contender to win this year’s Best Actress award due to her performance in Tomorrow is Another Day <再戰明天>, Kate unexpectedly stood at the end of the first row. Even Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), whose contract with TVB is still unsettled, was placed closer to the center.

It is speculated that TVB placed more attention on Myolie, in hopes that she would renew her contract on good terms and stay with the station. Kate said, “Myolie entered [TVB] before me, so she is my senior. [The photo position lineup] is arranged by TVB. I hope she doesn’t leave the station and more artistes stay. It’s still a long time before my contract expires.”

Artistes Appear in Drama Skits

In past years, TVB played drama trailers especially filmed for the Sales Presentation, gauging advertisers’ interest in proposed projects. Often, the resulting final projects differed from the initial drama trailers or in some cases, dramas were dropped due to low commercial interest. This year, TVB only presented dramas which have entered production along with actual scenes from completed footage.

One of the highly anticipated series is With or Without You <東坡家事> featuring Bobby Au Yeung (歐陽震華) and Joey Meng (萬綺雯). Wearing their traditional costumes, Joey gave Bobby a massage in the first part of their skit. Later, Vincent Wong (王浩信) knelt on the ground and let Bobby slap him multiple times.

Additional dramas featured at the Sales Presentation include: Empress <呂后> starring Charmaine Sheh and Raymond Wong (黃浩然); Eunuch Outside the Palace <公公出宮> starring Wayne Lai and Ada Choi (蔡少芬); Lord of Shanghai <梟雄> starring Anthony Wong (黃秋生) and Wayne Lai; Young Charioteers <衝線> starring Him Law (羅仲謙) and Sisley Choi (蔡 思貝); Smooth Talker <以和為貴> starring Joe Ma (馬德鐘) and Kate Tsui (徐子珊); Captain of Destiny <張保仔> starring Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Tony Hung (洪永城); and Limelight Years <華麗轉身> starring Liza Wang (汪明荃) and Damien Lau (劉松仁).

TVB Sales Presentation 2015 Bobby Au Yeung 2  TVB Sales Presentation 2015 Wayne Lai 2  TVB Sales Presentation 2015 Myolie Wu

Sources: On.cc; On.cc; On.cc

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

122 comments to 2015 TVB Sales Presentation: Charmaine Sheh and Moses Chan Remain as Favorites

1. miriamfanz says:

Wow, facing pressure from HKTV and how does TVB respond? By cheaping out and not even filming trailers for the SP.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • llwy12 replied:

I agree…looks like TVB decided to take the “cheap” route this year, both with their calendar and the sales presentation. Quite disappointing if you ask me…

I’m actually not looking forward to most of TVB’s series next year…the only ones that look like they might have some pull are Lord of Shanghai, With or Without You (mainly because of Bobby), and maybe the Wayne / Ada series (though I would have to read up more on it to see)…the rest don’t sound interesting…also tired of seeing the same casts.

After seeing TVB’s lackluster effort with their sales presentation, makes me anticipate HKTV’s launch even more….

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • HeTieShou replied:

Tvb has always been known for being cheap,so I am not surprised at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Kidd replied:

I like the new way they do the presentation. It’s more entertaining than previous years. They have been doing the same presentation clips year after year, it’s refreshing to see planned series being presented in a new way this year. I like that they alternative between video clips and live presentations. Those that are nearly finished has the video clip. Those still filming has the filming clip and those not yet film has live presentation.

More than half of sales presentation clips didn’t come to fruition or come out totally different from the clips that they only give false expectation to viewers. This time, they only present the general idea of the series to prospective investors. This is a better and less misleading way.

Overall, this year’s sales presentation show is an improvement from past shows.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Kidd replied:

I mean to say

More than half of sales presentation clips in past years didn’t come to fruition or come out totally different from the clips that they only give false expectation to viewers.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • lol replied:

lol, hktv.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • moon replied:

So called HKTV sucks. Not anticipating those so called drama

Login or Register before you can reply to moon
      • HeTieShou replied:

How do you know that? I did not know you were psychic.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Anon replied:

Don’t forget that the Chairman of TVB said that HKTV is not a competitor. 😉

Keep sinking TVB! You’re almost there.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
      • mr.vui replied:

lol that typo tho

Login or Register before you can reply to mr.vui
  2. joojaibao says:

Don’t really care about kate and I do hope charmaine films more with tvb!!! Hope moylie don’t leave even tho I’m not a great fan of hers I rather see more of her in series then Kate n Sisly Choi

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
    • kim replied:

Charmaine is always the best in her acting no matter what role she played ! Kate has room for improvements but Sisly Choi wont be long in the acting industries

Login or Register before you can reply to kim
      • sandcherry replied:

Compared with the current TVB fadans, I still think Charmaine acts the best.

• Shannon replied:

AGREED!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
      • Conscience replied:

Agree. Charmaine is still the best. Looking forward to the new drama for 2015.

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
      • var replied:

Totally agree with you! I grew up watching her series and she has always been my favourite actress. I hope she wins the Best Actress award for her role in LW. She deserves it.

Login or Register before you can reply to var
    • vv replied:

agree! i love charmaine’s acting! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to vv
    • janet replied:

absolutely agree with you.
      enough of kate. don’t know who sisly choi is. actually in Tomorrow Is Another Day, I don’t find kate’s performance fantastic.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
    • Toby replied:

Agree. Charmaine is the only actress who shines this year, she deserves to be in the middle. Kate and Linda are only receiving the publicitt but without sibstance to back them up.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
  3. Shannon says:

Yes Ada! Miss her

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
    • Puff replied:

I miss Ada too. She was meant to film the show with Moses and she decline a role in Legend of Mi
      Yue. But when she had the script with a ghost theme she withdrew because it’s against her religious belief.

Wish she didn’t decline Legend of Mi Yue…

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  4. Hannahh says:

yah good to hear Ada back on TV next year! Support Myolie!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  5. Lilly says:

So where is the picture of all the artists standing next to each other?

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
    • Hannahh replied:

i think u need to click on the link next to the sources above

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  6. omg says:

I wonder why Vincent is so desperate for fame that he allows himself to be slapped over and over and over? Surely his biggest claim to fame can’t be those multiple slaps he endured? But he sure likes to remind the audience of it. Have some dignity man!

Login or Register before you can reply to omg
    • Funn Lim replied:

It is called acting. Much like how Louis Cheung have to strip in every episode.

• omg replied:

When it’s done over and over and over it feels more like desperate for attention. And cheapening himself in the process.

Login or Register before you can reply to omg
  7. miniwonton says:

What’s so good about Moses…

Login or Register before you can reply to miniwonton

Is Charmaine series about the blond empress dowager in Han? I hope she follows through. I want to see her in such roles. But Raymond Wong as emperor perhaps? Boring however much I like him. But if said empress then he looks the part.

• sandcherry replied:

I look forward to watching this drama “Empress”. Charmaine looks good in ancient drama series.

• Puff replied:

Funn, it’s about 呂后, the queen of the first Han king and she was the first to have a title of Empress in China. She was a very evil empress apparently

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • sandcherry replied:

In that case, Charmaine Sheh has a lot of room to showcase her acting …… from a good girl to an evil empress. I believe 呂后 (Empress) was good in the beginning and turned evil later on. I hope Charmaine will act a lot better than Tavia Yeung in “Beyond the Realm of Conscience”. She can be a sweet evil empress naturally and not exaggeratingly, depending on the storyline.

• Kidd replied:

I really can’t see someone who cut off a rival concubine’s limbs, gouge out her eyes, cut out her tongue, and throw her into the latrine as a good girl. That’s one sadistic act. She might not be evil in the beginning, but, certainly couldn’t be a kind girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • sandcherry replied:

In fact, I don’t remember the history of Empress Lui. Can’t comment on your post.

• Alluka replied:

Lui Zhi has never been a good girl from the beginning. She is ambitious and always ambitious. She is the type of woman that doing everything for her own benefit. Without her, Liu Bang cant never be the king, or have the motivation to compete with Xiang Yu.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • sandcherry replied:

Thanks for the information. I think I have to do a refresher course on history.

I remember some of the terrible incidents done by Empress Lui, as mentioned by Kidd, but I don’t remember the early life of Empress Lui.

• sandcherry replied:

In that case, it will be a challenge for Charmaine Sheh …… to act such an evil character. I don’t remember her acting this kind of evil characters in the past.

• HeTieShou replied:

Yes Lui Zhi,was never a good girl in the beginning at all. I heard that her father wanted her to marry Liu Bang because he knew that he would make it big due to his fate as being the future king and founder of a dynasty. She was really evil and ambitious. She was the one killed Han Xin, the one who fought and most of the work in order for them to seize the throne and kingdom. She did many other bad things that would make your stomach just want to churn but I do not want to mention it all or it may gross everyone out. She was evil but her son was really kind hearted and it was sad that he died partially due to her wickedness.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Alluka replied:

Han Xin was died partly due to his arrogance. Look at Chen Ping, he was ok due to his flexible behavior. Liu Bang had the responsibilities to those death, cant blame all on Lui Zhi

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Cm replied:

The only screen portrayal I’ve seen of Empress Lu Zhi is in The Conqueror’s Story with Adam Cheng and Maggie Cheung, which was a pretty good series. Not sure about the accuracy of tvb history, but the Empress starts off kind but then becomes evil in order to maintain power and control. Just your average, for the greater good perspective. Maggie was good though

Login or Register before you can reply to Cm
      • Kidd replied:

@Cm

That series follow history for the major events but change the smaller details.

Remember in the series there was a young girl call Chik Gei, who later become Liu Bang’s concubine? Lui Zhi was in good relationship with her in the series, right?
        That was the concubine that Lu Zhi tortured after Liu Bang’s death. The series actually toned down on Lui Zhi’s ruthlessness.

From what I remember of the series, Lui Zhi didn’t particularly show any act of kindness. She has other virtues. Her courage, wisdom, endurance, loyalty to her husband are all good virtues. But, I don’t remember her being kind. In fact, she was ambitious and hold grudges. She never forgave Xiang Yu for rejecting her offer.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Alluka replied:

Actually Im more concerned on who will act Xiang Yu. Dont tell me Raymond Wong :p.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Funn Lim replied:

I see that one!! I hope Charmaine takes the role. Always wanted to see her in such a role. Kidd, never doubt a woman scorned. They could be kind to everyone but vent their anger at one. Maybe at that time such acts were cruel but no sadistic? Since kinda common.

Raymond wong as the emperor? I hope Sharon doesn’t get the most beautiful woman part. Please no!!

• Toby replied:

Raymond Wong is so uncharismatic! Not to mention his acting is only so so. Why is TVB promoting this guy too much? If it’s not for Nancy I can’t stand watching him and his pretentious hair in OA. It’s distracting! I can’t believe I find Grace Chan more comfortable to watch.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
      • Toby replied:

Among ATV turns TVB artistes, we have the good ones Kristal and Ruco,and the boring one like Raymond Wong. I wonder who is Raymond’s connection in TVB. Tsang?

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
      • HeTieShou replied:

I do not think Han Xin died due to arrogance or whatever. I do agree that Liu Bang is partially responsible for his death but of course Lui Zhi is the main one to blame. From what I know,Liu Bamg and Lui Zhi were afraid that Han Xin would betray them and usurp the throne since he honestly was capable of doing so,but he did not. But he was wrong in having that thought because of the way they treated him after all that he did. If it weren’t for him,then the Han Dynasty would not even be found. Liu Bang was a loser that just had good fate,but sadly he did not know how to treat those that helped him. Chen Bing and the others were ok because Lui Zhi and Liu Bang knew that they did not have the skills and power to overthrow them. They were just so bad to forget and treat these that helped them most badly. Han Xin had a way better character and heart then they both did.

Lui Zhi even had the nerve to kill her son’s younger half brother after doing what she did to his mother. Her son died partially because of her.Her son was so kind but had such an evil mother. I really wonder if Charmaine can pull it off,but then again maybe she can?

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Alluka replied:

@HTS: I guess you only read the novel and watch the movies about Han Xin? In most of history materials I have read, Han Xin has the plan to make himself a king instead of being Qi Wang only. Of course, it can be argued that Liu Bang used that reason to cover his afraid of Han Xin. However, it was Han Xin’s behavior. Look at my example of Chen Ping who managed to stay even during Lui Zhi’s period.

Han Xin is a general and obviously, I dont think he has that goody heart. He can betrayed Chung Li Mui, then he is indeed not that good. However, it is evident that he is very loyal to Liu Bang, loyal to stupid. That loyalty caused him to the arrogance that make him believe Liu Bang wouldnt kill him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • HeTieShou replied:

I guess so,but regardless of how bad Han Xin is in your eyes,he is still better than Lui Zhi and Liu Bang.I admit that I get influenced a lot by my mom who read a lot of history books and hated Liu Zhi and Liu Bang and liked Han Xin. But then again,in politics, who can be too kind? As we have seen,the ones who are too nice end up getting slaughtered,dethroned,exiled,etc… I have of course read history and majored in Chinese as one of my majors ,but of course I do not remember everything. But from what I remember,I really hated 3 women who are Lui Zhi,We Zetian and Cixi.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Alluka replied:

I dont like or hate history icon, HTC. I dont think goody can do politic game and win it, that’s it. Liu Bei, thE goody of Three Kingdoms, in my eyes is a clever man. Wu Ze Tian, is an ambitious woman who dare to win the men. They all have motivations and schemes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • kolo replied:

alluka,kong wa was the the best xiang yu i’ve seen so far,his portrayal of xiang yu was unforgetable.i hope he will reprise this role again and with lawrence ng as liu bang would be a perfect match

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
    • sehseh replied:

Empress Lü Zhi, notorious for her intelligence & viciousness.

By the way, no guarantee that the series will be filmed nor remain the same cast. I just hope that if the series is going to be filmed, they will make it a TVBC production (with China investment). At least we’ll get more authentic scenes and also Mainland China actors/actress mix.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
      • Alluka replied:

Yes, and with China involvement, we can hope for better clothes. The clothes used in the Sale presentation looks old and cheap. I swear that I thought it was clothes of the 80s TVB series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • HeTieShou replied:

Sorry but most of the clothes from the 80s series were very nice and colorful, unlike the cheap clothes of today’s series. But sadly all of those beautiful clothes are now all gone due to a fire that occurred in the late 80s to the wardrobe at Tvb during that time.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Alluka replied:

Im watching 80s ancient series and the clothes are pretty the same to what they used in the sale presentation, especially the latex-look-alike dress. Look cheap if you ask me, however it suits that period’s budget and style. In 2010s, it is an eyesore to see the same old clothes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
    • chps replied:

Basically was Maggie Cheung’s role in The Conqueror’s Story after Adam Cheng as Liu Bang became the Han Emperor.

Login or Register before you can reply to chps
    • miriamfanz replied:

Isn’t Charmaine too young for the role of Empress Lu? Empress Lu was nearly 40 when the Han Dynasty was established, older still when she became regent. And Raymond would be too young for Liu Bang.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
      • Jstorch replied:

Charmaine will be 40 next year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jstorch
      • Funn Lim replied:

Maybe they’re focusing on the formative years much earlier. No worries they all look their age.

• Alluka replied:

Maybe they should have Lawrence Ng as Liu Bong again.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Kidd replied:

For Lawrence Ng to reprise his role as Liu Bang would be great.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Alluka replied:

Yes, I think he nailed the role so much better than his later goody roles (except Paul Ching in Healing Hands who I fell for :P, I referred to his role like one in A taste of love or one series with Kenix Kwok that I dont rmb name). I think Lawrence carried the villain roles very well, despite the fact he doesnt look villain. Sadly, now many actors need to look villain to act convincely in villain roles. They should learn from Lawrence :).

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • HeTieShou replied:

Yes,Lawrence would be great as Liu Bang. I think Maggie Cheung was great as Lui Zhi,but she already played that role twice so I guess they want to give others a chance. Lawrence was great was Yang Guang as well and that is still one of the roles that he is most known for.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • llwy12 replied:

Definitely agree that Lawrence carries the villain role well (much better than many of his good guy roles in my opinion).  Though he didn’t like playing villain roles, it was really those roles that allowed his acting to shine back in the 80s – especially since he didn’t have the villain look.  Yes, he did put in a great performance in The Grand Canal, but since he wasn’t the main villain, his role sort of become background noise later on in the series.  For me though, his best performance in the villain role will always be in The Feud Of Two Brothers – that’s the series that put Lawrence’s name on the map in my opinion (that was a great series by the way – highly recommend it!)

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • Funn Lim replied:

I never see Liu Bang as stupid or simple minded or wife smarter than he was. A man that stupid couldn’t have won the race and form an empire that lasted so long. So I hope they find someone intelligent looking but perhaps pretentious in being simple and nice. Not Lawrence Ng pls. Eye candy will be nice.

• Alluka replied:

I dont think someone with intelligent and nice looking will suit the role (if they follow the history). I dont recall a man peed on the his hat is classy or nice. Liu Bang is smart but not the intelligent type. He is flexible and xiao ren, with witty character.

Lawerence Ng has his convincing portrayal with Liu Bang once. I just hope he will reprise it as the age is quite suitable if they want to make about the late life of Lui Zhi.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • HeTieShou replied:

@Funn
        Actually Liu Bang did not win due to intelligence or skill. In terms of skills,intelligence,etc.. He was way behind Xiang Yu,but he had the fate to be king so everyone helped him. His wife was definitely more manipulative, cunning,etc.. than him which is why there are times she would to many things behind his back without his knowledge. Basically he was just someone born under lucky stars and with a good fate.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • HeTieShou replied:

I also would love to see Lawrence as Liu Bang again. He did a very good portrayal back then so it would be great to see him again

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Funn Lim replied:

That’s what historians want us to believe due to the overly romanticised story of Xiangyu. No man simple or not that intelligent or less ruthless could ever sit on the throne and lay the foundation for a dynasty that lasted for ,,, 400 years? Xiang Yu was a great general but he was no politician and in that sense was no leader of a greater empire. Maybe Liu Bang was a butcher? or something like that, had the great fortune of marrying an intelligent wise ruthless wife but no men will follow a leader who can’t lead and no empire can be established by a man that is less than extraordinary. I like to think his critics judged him well but thought him too simple because of a greater better figure to admire that is Xiangyu. Much like Cao Cao and Liu Bei and gang. Yes the victors write the history but sometimes history has a tinge of romanticism in it and everyone loves a heroic guy who died a valiant death in the face of greater force. I am however the minority. I think it is time Liu Bang is given some credit even if he ruled not long but his journey wasn’t easy. I neither think he was evil or simpleton but I think he must have been intelligent and able to take advice with lesser ego than Xiangyu who was a superachiever.

• Funn Lim replied:

And Xiangyu didn’t lose because of fate. He lost the people’s mandate and confidence and perhaps wrong timing. Perhaps Liu Bang was better at taking criticism and advice whilst Xiangyu who always thought he would win and his right to win maybe never thought perhaps someone else may win that right.

• Alluka replied:

I agree that Xiang Yu’s loss had nothing to do with fate. He might be a great general but he didnt know how to use people. Han Xin said that Liu Bang isnt a great general and cant control more than 1000 soldiers but Liu Bang can use generals to control million soldiers.

Nobody is willing to help someone to be a king without a reason. Han Xin is loyalty to Liu Bang because Liu Bang is the one who can reckon his hidden talent. Liu Bang is also good at using people to work for him. Even his vulgar actions can be interpreted as friendly and down-to-earth.

So Liu Bang has his own strength. He won the king game not because of luck.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • sandcherry replied:

I also think Lawrence Ng would be a good fit for Lau Pong’s character. He could be wicked and evil, and he acts well.

9. Toby says:

Where’s the group picture? Where did Ruco and Kenneth stands? I can’t stand TVB favoritism of Moses. Much better if Roger or Bobby in the middle.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
  10. Sugar says:

I like to see Charmaine in ancient drama. She looks beautiful even with her crying so as Tavia’s tragic crying.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sugar
    • wilson replied:

you should watch ‘beyond the realms of conscience” <3

Login or Register before you can reply to wilson
  11. wow! awesome!!!! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
  12. freedalas says:

Kate Tsui a hot contender for her role in Tomorrow Is Another Day? Her acting was so damn lousy (her usual self) and pretty annoying. It’s gross injustice to compare her to Charmaine or even Myolie. She should be standing a few rows behind in my opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
    • Eric replied:

It was ok, better than the ultimate addiction at least.

Login or Register before you can reply to Eric
  13. Conscience says:

Yeah. Kate is horrible in Tomorrow is another day. Sucks drama and she has been acting too childish to be paired with Lawrence Ng. I will rather she be her true self. Her dressing is yucky too by the way. No offence to Kate’s fan ya. Just a personal opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    • joojaibao replied:

totally agree with you Kate is horrible in TIAD….her I dont really see how ppl see’s her as improve in her acting!!!

She’s gotta stop pouting that lips of hers when she talks its not sexy at all and Arrgghhh those fake lashes annoying to watch!!!

So she cant be compared to Charmaine or Moylie!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
      • Mandy replied:

Lmao “gotta stop pouting that lips of hers” number one, what’s wrong with pouting. number two, for starters she doesn’t even pout her lips are just a little thicker & she cannot change that. also, thick lips are fine, she looks good with them . & why should she stop putting on fake eyelashes? what’s so wrong about wanting to look good? & if you’re talking about in tiad, it’s quite obvious that she didn’t put them on. maybe it’s just the makeup artist’s fault for applying to much mascara ?¿¿ stop hating on her when you obviously have no basis for the hate.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mandy
  14. Lilian Chang says:

Looking forward to watch Charmaine’s classic acting as the evil Empress Lu.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
  15. Heather says:

Kate has improved a lot through-out the years and is willing to take challenges to play different kind of roles. She continuously tries to inspire and improve herself in all aspects to become a better actress. Support Kate for TV Queen! Great job Kate!

Login or Register before you can reply to Heather
  16. evangeline says:

What an exaggeration. There was only 1 person between Myolie and Kate and that person was Kenneth. Kate was still quite close to the centre. And between Moses and Wayne, also only 1 person and that was Dodo Cheng.

Login or Register before you can reply to evangeline
    • miriamfanz replied:

Agree. Why not say Linda is neglected too because she was just as “far” from the centre as Kate.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  17. m0m0 says:

where can we watch?

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
  18. S says:

does charmaine look a bit like carina lau or is it just me…

Login or Register before you can reply to S
    • heidi replied:

I see similarities between the two.

Login or Register before you can reply to heidi
  19. sandcherry says:

I don’t know much about the history of Lu Hau, the Empress. If she was in the 40s, the best actress for this role should be: 1) Sheren Tang, 2) Maggie Cheung Ho-Yee, 3) Charmaine Sheh. Charmaine may be too soft and young for this character. Hope Charmaine will do a good job and won’t give us any disappointment.

• Drew replied:

I’m worried this may not even be filmed. TVB’s been putting off the Empress Lu production since whenever. I’ve seen the sales presentation with Maggie Cheung filmed, but the production itself never took off.

Login or Register before you can reply to Drew
      • sandcherry replied:

Probably it was because of Maggie Cheung’s departure. Maggie signed up with HKTV shortly after the presentation, so TVB had to postpone the filming of Empress Lu. Hope it will be filmed this year, and Charmaine Sheh is the best available actress for Empress Lu as TVB will not cast Sheren Tang and Maggie Cheung in its productions in the near future.

• Toby replied:

I thought it was Tavia who filmed the Empress Lu sales presentation. Of course Charmaine is a better pick

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
      • sehseh replied:

In 2011 there’s a situation where there’s 2 sales presentation clip for Empress Lu. One under Catharine Tsang producer another under Tommy Leung. The decision back then was to cancel both in order to be fair and avoid internal conflict. Not because of Maggie.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
      • sandcherry replied:

It is really stupid to film two drama series about Empress Lu during the same year. I saw the list and was wondering why two similar drama series would be filmed.

Thanks for the information.

• Chloe Lee replied:

I also think that Charmaine is a bit young and sweet for this role.
        This will be a test to her acting

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe Lee
      • HeTieShou replied:

I do not feel Charmaine is too young for the role,but I wonder if she pull it off since Lui Zhi is a very evil and wicked character.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  20. jess says:

i wish that kenix kwok can act in tvb series again.

most of the old times actor/actress leaving the tvb.

hope they will reconsider to stay

thanks

Login or Register before you can reply to jess
  21. Chriselle says:

The reports make too big of a deal about the artists lineup lol and putting pressure on Kate and Myolie who said to be cast to standing aside. Normally, the top artists gets a front role stand, which Kate and Myolie still received. Line Walker was very popular this year, so I find it normal that Charmaine gets to stand in the middle. Plus, she has a drama lined up next year. Neither Myolie or Kate’s series this year generated that much buzz.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
    • freedalas replied:

Yes. Charmaine definitely deserved to be right in the center. And also agree that Kate’s series this year were a total flop. She was real bad in the Ultimate Addiction and really very bad in Tomorrow Is Another Day. She should not be considered at all for best actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
      • sandcherry replied:

There are not that many good fadans left in TVB. I guess TVB tried to persuade Myolie Wu to stay by placing her more in the centre. Kate Tsui’s contract is not expiring soon, so TVB still does not have to worry too much. Moreover, Kate’s acting is “downgrading”, so were her drama series.

22. sandcherry says:

Jayne:

What is the problem with this site? I had a lot of difficulty in posting my comments. Either it did not accept it or I had the message saying “You are posting your comments too quickly. Slow down.”

Or “Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!”, but my post was not posted.

• jayne replied:

Sandcherry,
      We migrated servers and using updated WordPress version, which may have resulted in the technical difficulties. How often do you experience this problem? On a daily basis?

Any other users experiencing the same problem repeatedly?

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • sandcherry replied:

All the time, 4 out of 5. I experienced this problem in the last week or two.

Also my ID and email address are missing most of the time. As a result, my message will disappear if I hit the button “submit comment”. Therefore, every single time when I post a message, I have to make sure that I enter my ID and email address before I hit the button “Submit Comment”.

• jayne replied:

Sandcherry,
        The server has been reconfigured. Let me know if you still experience the same problems in posting comments.

I’ve never experienced this problem personally, but I also don’t post consecutive messages within seconds of each other, so I don’t know if this is a common problem currently facing users.

It is also better to address technical issues through email as you can elaborate further on the details and we can respond quicker.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • HeTieShou replied:

I,also experience that quite often. I just experienced that 3 times just now and I did not post that many messages.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • jayne replied:

HeTieShou,
        Thanks for letting me know. Sometimes when we move servers and change configuration, we’re not aware of the technical impact this may have on features of the site. We just made a configuration change; hopefully this will fix it.

I’ll also try to post more comments this week and continue testing to make sure things work.

If anyone continues to experience technical difficulties, the best way is to let us know through email [email protected]

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • Puff replied:

I also have the same issues as sandcherry and I haven’t been posting that much.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • Jayne replied:

Puff,
        We’ll try to resolve this issue soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
      • jayne replied:

to see if consecutive posts have problems.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • Puff replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  23. Danbt says:

No Sisley choi and grace chan. Their acting sucks.

Where is tavia yeung??

Login or Register before you can reply to Danbt
    • sandcherry replied:

Those two newbies are too green. I don’t think TVB should cast them in such heavy roles yet. If they have talents, they will be recognized. If they don’t and act poorly, they will sink in TVB very soon.

• kolo replied:

dont agree,tvb lacks new faces its time to give them a chance if they have the potential,and moreover they they are not totaly green they already made 2 or 3 series this year that still have to air.dont you get bored to see the same face again and again?

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • sandcherry replied:

Rebecca Zhu failed in her major role in “SSSS”, and has almost disappeared in drama series. She is a lot prettier than Grace Chan and Sisley Choi. Her only problem is her weak Cantonese, speaking with some accents.

• kolo replied:

i dont think rebecca is prettier than grace chan but ok its your taste.if rebecca have got a minor role in the begining she still have the problem with her accent unless she play a girl who dont have to talk;like myolie in tits. being succesful is not only acting but charisma,audience luck and personality is even more important.good example is eliza sam she has the same problem with her accent but she is a fast learner,i see the same potential with grace.what good is come fast.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • sandcherry replied:

As for Grace Chan, I don’t find her pretty at all in drama series. However, I would say that she is a decent host for some programs. She is calm and confident, and speaks clearly. Wait and see if she is also good in drama series.

As for Sisley Choi, she is okay looking. We shall also find out about her acting soon.

I don’t disagree that TVB promote newbies, but not that super-speed.

24. Best says:

David Chiang is back!! I find it weird that he decided to come back. I thought they said hktv is the best place to work for. So most of the stuff they said is bs then. David even ask Raymond Cho to join his company.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
  25. Puff says:

I mean thank you Jayne. The user details kept disappearing and I have to retype, and I keep making typo errors

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
    • sandcherry replied:

I also have the same problem. I have to make sure my user ID and email address are there before I submit my post. Otherwise it won’t work if I add them later.

26. sandcherry says:

I also have the same problem. I have to make sure my user ID and email address are there before I submit my post. Otherwise it won’t work. If I add them and re-submit my post, it won’t work.

27. sandcherry says:

• sandcherry replied:

Sorry, my post appeared 3 times. When I submitted the above post, your platform was shaking. I did not even know if it was submitted or not.

Jayne:

Please delete whatever is duplicated on this Topic. Thanks!

It looks rather stupid to have the same post submitted 3 times.