Eddie Kwan Loves His Two Daughters

By on May 23, 2013 in NEWS, Star Interviews

Above: Eddie Kwan with his wife and two daughters.

Although he lives in a household full of women, Eddie Kwan (關禮傑) is more than just a ladies’ man. He is the father of two beautiful daughters and the husband of an understanding wife. “I always look forward to going home. My family is my stress reliever.”

Unlike his opera-singing role in Beauty at War <金枝慾孽貳>, in which he gives up his son to the care of relatives so he could perform around the country in an opera troupe, Eddie cannot bear to live another day without the presence of his two daughters. “I left them once, and I don’t want to go through that pain again,” said Eddie.

Raised in a male-centered family, Eddie was once a very traditional man, but these views had a 180 degree turn after the birth of his first daughter, Fabienne Kwan (關楓馨), in 1994. The flesh-and-blood connection to his children further strengthened after the birth of his second daughter, Franziska Kwan (關佩盈), in 2001.

“If I were to have another child, I would still want another daughter!” Eddie said proudly.

The mature 18-year-old Fabienne will start her first year in university this September, pursuing her dream to become a teacher. Eleven-year-old Franziska, however, still has a habit of throwing tantrums at her parents. Eddie said, “Fabienne is the quiet one. She is already 18-years-old after all. As for Franziska, she is bolder, louder, and very straightforward. But no matter what, she is the younger one, and she will always be a baby in front of us.”

Whether Eddie is working in the mainland or in the pressure of a hectic rundown schedule with TVB, he will always find time for his two daughters. Regardless of distance traveled or time spent, Eddie remains as his daughters’ designated driver, eating companion, and afternoon tea date. With such an unpredictable work schedule, it is important to spend as much time as he can with his family.

But Eddie was not always available for his daughters. In the past, Eddie often filmed in the mainland and to not see his daughters for months was a common occurrence. “I remember when my eldest daughter was still in primary school, her teacher once asked her where her father was. She told the teacher that daddy was working in the mainland. She cried thinking about it. My heart ached. Thankfully, with the technology we have today, I would be able to see and hear them wherever I go. Now that I am home, I will spend as much time as I can with them.”

Eddie is more than willing to sacrifice sleeping time to take his daughters to school in the early mornings. “They calm me down in a way. I am very lucky to have them in my life. With them, I feel much more relaxed and at ease. All the unhappiness and pressure I had accumulated at work would all disappear! I really enjoy my life with my family.”

Source: East Weekly #507 via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

28 comments to Eddie Kwan Loves His Two Daughters

1. Mav says:

Elder daughter looks like mum, younger daughter looks like dad 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Mav
    • Yuaida replied:

Wow, the older daughter looks beautiful and I really mean beautiful…….she looks like Miss HK material but I’m sure Eddie will be smart enough to keep her out of the entertainment circle……..no smart or decent parent would want their daughters involved in the Miss HK circle…….

Login or Register before you can reply to Yuaida
    • happybi replied:

You are right! Both beautiful!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  2. Woooo says:

Which one is the wife and which one is the elder daughter? either way, he has a good looking family.

Login or Register before you can reply to Woooo
    • jayne replied:

Woooo,
      The woman on the left is Eddie’s wife. The girl in the center is Eddie’s elder daughter.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • Jen replied:

Really? I would have thought it’s the other way round! Oops!!!! lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Jen
      • Siying replied:

I thought it was the other way around till I scrolled down and saw this. Good for his wife then. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Siying
      • LyNN replied:

Oh no! I too thought the middle one is the mother!!! The wife is so so pretty then!!!! (most left one)

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
    • windy replied:

I thought so too, wife seems pretty still and the oldest resembles her alot. Cute looking family and he seems like a great dad. Awesome news from him, he’s always been such a great actor but very underrated.

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
    • skinnymocha replied:

Very pretty, indeed.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
    • Selena replied:

I couldn’t figured out who’s the wife and who’s the eldest daughter. This is a compliment to his wife. Looking like a 18-year-old girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Selena
  3. joey says:

Franziska?!

Login or Register before you can reply to joey
    • windy replied:

Hahaha I thought so too…Where did he get that from? hahaha…The oldest one’s name sounds french and ok but the second is weird. Even the spelling is weird.

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
      • Hani replied:

Franziska is a german name 🙂 maybe he is a fan of “Franziska van Almsik” a famous olympic swimmer 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Hani
    • skinnymocha replied:

It looks a bit Eastern European…

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
      • Jenny replied:

LOL… So he named Fabienne after Fabienne Dufour, a Belgian Olympic swimmer, and Franziska after Franziska van Almsik, a German Olympic swimmer…

Login or Register before you can reply to Jenny

Wow, beautiful daughters!

5. Vel says:

WOW they’re all so good looking. His oldest daughter must have the title “school beauty”

Login or Register before you can reply to Vel
  6. Lucia says:

Eddie seems like a good dad and a family man! He has a beautiful family!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  7. vann says:

I used to be his fan. when he was young he is much more handsome than now. Good wishes for his career and family.

Login or Register before you can reply to vann
    • AhQue replied:

what do you expect – people go thru what is known as ‘aging’

Login or Register before you can reply to AhQue
  8. Lol says:

What a beautiful family & l

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
    • Lol replied:

…love his acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  9. HeTieShou says:

WOW, the last time I saw his family photo, his first daughter was just a little baby. Time really flies and they are all so beautiful. I did wished that he had a son too but glad that he is happy about his daughters and is such a great father. I am so happy for them all..

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  10. Jenny says:

I think the more common spelling is Francesca, but Eddie and his wife prefers the German spelling instead.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jenny
  11. pinkie says:

wow, what a beautiful family. His wife looks so young, I thought she could be his daughter too! hahaha

Login or Register before you can reply to pinkie
  12. lol says:

eddie is a good actor

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  13. random G says: