Linda Chung Plays in Love Rectangle in “Lucky Father”

By on September 4, 2011 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Yesterday, Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), Steven Ma (馬浚偉), Ha Yu (夏雨) and the rest of the cast and crew held a praying ceremony for new TVB drama, Lucky Father <當旺爸爸>. Earlier on, when Linda and Steven were shooting an accident scene for Lucky Father, a passerby thought that an actual accident had occurred and called the police. When mentioned, Linda replied that she felt that the accident scene was probably too realistic, thus misleading people to think that it was real. Linda expressed that she was shocked when the police suddenly arrived at the scene on that fateful day.

Ran Until Feet Hurt When Filming Chasing Criminals Scene

Linda will have romantic developments with three men in the drama and they include Steven Ma, Lai Lok Yi (黎諾懿) and Edwin Siu (蕭正楠). Will she have kissing scenes with all of them ? Linda responded, “Fathers are the main topic of this warm-hearted drama. As romantic love isn’t the primarily focus here, no kissing scenes will likely be imposed. It was rather challenging as this is the first time I’m acting as a policewoman. As I often have to film criminal-chasing scenes, I suffered from a lack of sleep but still had to film from morning until night the very day, running until my legs were numb and in pain.”

Did Linda prefer filming kissing scenes or criminal chasing scenes? Linda laughed and said, “It’s most important for the effect to be good. All three of them are good men.” (Reporter: Which one of them fits your criteria of a boyfriend?) “Each of them have their own strengths. I have the most chemistry with Steven Ma since we have collaborated five times now. Lai Lok Yi is my good friend. Edwin Siu is a nice guy. However, I will not develop with any of them. Acting is purely acting; I keep private life separate from work.”

In other news, Tracy Ip (葉翠翠) was rumored to have turned down TVB actor, Benjamin Yuen’s (韋家雄) pursuit of love. In reply to this, Tracy silently admitted to it, “We previously filmed 4 In Love together and in that drama, his character really likes me. During filming, he was just going into character. After filming, nothing happened between us. We didn’t communicate or even went on any date after that.” Tracy Ip clarified that she did not mind dating shorter guys than herself but preferred that her boyfriend was not from the entertainment circle.

Source: Oriental Daily

This article was translated by Ah K, a Contributing Writer at JayneStars.com.

71 comments to Linda Chung Plays in Love Rectangle in “Lucky Father”

Linda is a pretty girl but why all of her pictures are so awful? She isn’t photogenic at all. And all her adverts made her look like you know, transvestite. True!! It’s like the best look for her is the most natural one devoid of make up or with light make up. But so far I have yet to see a good picture of Linda.

• Pvt. Joker replied:

It’s the nose, there is no good angle on it.

That being said I wouldn’t mind waking up to that face every morning for the rest of my life.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pvt. Joker
    • HeTieShou replied:

Some people just look better in person than in pictures while some look nice in photos but not so great in person. I think Linda is one of those that looks better in person. Pictures just don’t do some people justice at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • kim ng replied:

@HeTieShou,agree w/you Linda is one of natural pretty….

Login or Register before you can reply to kim ng
      • claimine replied:

How do you know? Have you seen Linda in person?

Login or Register before you can reply to claimine
      • Fox replied:

I saw her in 15cm distance :D.

2. Selipar jepun says:

Yup I agree … Pretty but messy in pictures hahaha..

Login or Register before you can reply to Selipar jepun
    • Veejay replied:

How is it messy in the pic? If given we’re in the pic, we may not look half the pretty as linda in the above pic. I think Linda looks less pretty (above average though) in pic and better in person.

• Fox replied:

We are not artists, we don’t have a crew of makeup artist and expensive cosmetic on bag :P.

• Veejay replied:

We also need great skin and sharp feature to outstand in the pic 😉 not just expensive makeups & pro makeup artist

• Fox replied:

Skin problem can be covered by cosmetic. Linda has problem with her skin and she admitted.

In the above pic, lol, can’t see her “sharp feature” in fact. A large Tee covered all.

@Fox,

Not that sharp feature as in body frame I mean lah~. I meant sharp feature on the face like tall nose, big pretty eyes and pouty, small lips hehe.

• Fox replied:

Find a doctor, lol. But Linda’s eyes aren’t really big, I guess? No need big eyes to be artist, Wong Hei :P.

• Fox replied:

P/S: High nose can create trouble, especially when it is too high, lol.

• Veejay replied:

But we’re talking about oustanding in the pic right? not being an artist to have sharp feature..

• Fox replied:

Sometimes we can look better than artist in picture.

• Funn Lim replied:

I saw Tavia on TV yesterday and all I can see is her nose. The criticism is correct; she has gone overboard with her nose. She also wears rather revealing clothes, for a sexy image but all I could feel was this coldness.. why did she mess with her nose? It was so nice in Land Of Wealth. Now imagine an actor has to kiss her, how? Tilt his head 180 degrees or something? Because surely you can’t smash into that high pointy nose! Linda I may complain is not photogenic but at least she is pretty much the same huge nose.

• Fox replied:

@Funn: It’s coincident Jayne put TY and Linda in the banner for Jayne Style. Lol, long nose and big nose :P.

• Funn Lim replied:

Fox, that is old Tavia picture. She looks different now. Slimmer, in fact too slim, face smaller and yet longer, the nose was distracting. I don’t know, I was pretty shocked when I saw her on TV promoting ASTRO on Demand.

• Fox replied:

I know these pix are old :).

From day one I saw her, I think TY has a long face. Now longer, but never short. I still think she looks the best in 2006-2007 time, HOG and LOW. Now, I always have the feel that her face has something fake fake.

For Linda, I also think 2007-2008 is Linda’s best time. Cuter than now.

• impmuse replied:

@Funn,

Hahaha! Yes, one wonders how the male stars cope?

Btw, I think Linda’s big nose is real.

Login or Register before you can reply to impmuse
  3. Yat yim says:

Can’t wait to see 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Yat yim
  4. Kidd says:

Linda’s answer is rather strange.

Reporter: Did Linda prefer filming kissing scenes or criminal chasing scenes?

Linda: It’s most important for the effect to be good. All three of them are good men.

The first sentence answered the question. But, the second sentence came out of nowhere.

As for Benjamin and Tracy Ip, I always thought Tracy Ip already has a steady boyfriend. Maybe I was wrong.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  5. kim ng says:

I saw Linda & Raymond Press Conference @ Millbrae ,CA on Nov ,2010.

Login or Register before you can reply to kim ng
  6. Selipar jepun says:

Hahaaa. Big nose’s also asset …

Login or Register before you can reply to Selipar jepun
    • Veejay replied:

lol I really don’t understand, when ppl like Viann who had a full plastic surgery from head to toe, ppl including me criticise her badly, calling her fake, plastic not real and etc. I could understand that we hate ppl who use plastic surgery to gain attn., popularity and opportunities. And without plastic surgery, they’re nothing and wont even get famous at all.

As for Linda who obviously didnt have any plastic surgery done on her nose yet she still get criticism like wow, big nose and etc.. I thought she will atleast get some positive feedbacks on her acting rather than her face since we should be glad that Linda didnt use plastic surgery to gain more jobs right?

• Veejay replied:

I am not against ppl calling her big nose etc, its just a funny feeling that i have in mind. I honestly don’t think she has a big nose compare to Jacky Chan. Although I do agree that Linda’s nose doesn’t look nice to look at if you’re watching it from her side face.

• Funn Lim replied:

No one is saying it is bad to have big nose like Linda, she is very pretty but you gotta admit, her nose is big!

• exoidus replied:

well her nose may a little bigger than the average but who cares sat least she is natural and i personally find her very attractive.

people are different and seems to prefer plastic barbies even when fully aware of it.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Funn Lim replied:

I suppose people want perfection no matter the source.

• Veejay replied:

But then again, someone as perfect as Angelababy, Viann (after surgery) still get massive complains LOL.. it’s hard to satisfy the netizens sometimes.

maybe pretty faces like Selena Li and Fala might not get any criticism?

• Funn Lim replied:

I think Fala is very pretty and I do think she does well in comedies. I liked her better in comedies than dramas, for some strange reason.

Angelababy?May I say, everytime I look at her, I will think how forgettable. I don’t find anything interesting with her face.

• exoidus replied:

sure apperance is important but personally i value a persons personality more.

does not matter it a person is hot when the person is obviously a total moron.

well people i suppose wouldn’t mind do a “hit & run” LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Funn Lim replied:

Of course, I agree, however like love at first sight, without a good face (note good face as opposed to pretty face) do you think anyone will be bothered to ask if she has nice personality? But once you see the face, you like the face, then you move on to personality and you realise dear lord, she is empty! Empty!!

• exoidus replied:

even fala have pics where i find her ordinary!

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Funn Lim replied:

I suppose I should say an interesting face rather than a good or pretty face. Someone can be not so pretty but very interesting. Which is why amongst all the beautiful women, why that supposedly ordinary girl became a supermodel or the rising star. It is all in the face. Personality can be molded. Even face can be molded but a face with character… that is born.

• Fox replied:

I think Angelababy is pretty and if she really did plastic surgeries, it’s successful. She dun look too doll alike like Viann.

Fala has the classic beauty and quite elegant. Stand near her, I can feel that. However, she lacks something to make herself stand out.

• exoidus replied:

you are right i agree. unless you know the person throught from other sources.

obviosuly with a “ordinary” face you wouldn’t have any romantic views in your mind.

funny thing about girls is that the always presume you are courting them when you are just being friendly.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Funn Lim replied:

Fox I disagree on Fala. I believe she has that something. It is also good that her acting is improving. She is not great, not the best but not the worst. Her cantonese is getting better. I find her interesting, doesn’t mean I will watch whatever she is in but I won’t turn off the tv until I’ve seen enough to switch it off. Angelababy… yes she is pretty but again, she has a face I can’t remember. Her sort of face is on every young girl’s face these days. I want a face with character. Maybe age will give her that.

• Veejay replied:

haha I agree with ya on that Exoidus 😉 Some girls are just too sensitive thinking guys courting them when they were just being friendly. I won’t take a man’s word serious not until they’ve proved it xD.

• Fox replied:

I stood next to Linda, only 15 cm distance at max. With light makeup and glasses, she looks kinda ordinary. Sweet look but not that bright. However, think she looks sweet. The rare sweet look of Linda is what made her stand out among the sea of flowers. This is why I don’t buy the sexy Linda.

• exoidus replied:

prove what V? diamond again haha

linda’s selling point is that she doesn’t try too hard like the others to be sexy. something being relax about it makes it sexy

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Fox replied:

@Funn: I’m not talking about on screen. We are talking about their look to be seen, right? On screen, with the help of cosmetic, light focus, dress, scripts and acting, they might be more than themselves in real life and become interesting (or at the same time, with all of these helps, they are still boring if they can’t make themselves bright). Fala isn’t the best in her fellow, and isn’t the worst. This is why I say she doesn’t stand out.

Angelababy’s face is copied too much, so she becomes a face with no character.

• Fox replied:

@exoidus: No, I have never thought Linda is sexy, before and after meeting her in person. She is the person I don’t stick the word “sexy” with her. I labeled her with “sweet” and “girl next door”. It’s her selling point. So if you call her sexy, sorry, I disagree.

Some girls, even if they only wear bra, they are not sexy.

@Funn,

I know what you mean about Angelababy’s face which is quite common, you can find that kind of faces everywhere in Japan especially. Japanease girls can really look alike sometimes with similar hairstyle, makeups, fashion etc. Korean girls too.

But Angelababy do have a pretty face as of now.. and I don’t think you might find anything interesting in her later when she ages older since Plastic surgery won’t forever make u look good esp when you get older. I’ve seen some older women who had plastic surgery with saggy additional tissue on the chin, eyelids, etc.

• exoidus replied:

@Fox

ok maybe it was the wrong word to use. perhaps appealing is better.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Funn Lim replied:

There is a fine line between being friendly and being flirtatious. Don’t flirt if you don’t intend to take things further.

• Funn Lim replied:

Fox, I get your point. Take Bowie Lam for instance. On screen he is magnetic. IN person, which my sister saw, she said my god, he looks, dress and talks like some old uncle!

• Fox replied:

Appealing is a better word choice.

Hehe, in TVB if I wanna label someone sexy, I’ll think of Kate. She has that S shape and pose. Yes, she looks prettier in person than on pictures.

Seem that most of TVB artists looks better in person than pix. Not like the Korean artists. I saw some of Korean artists and they looks so different with themselves on pix. Less perfect.

@exoidus,

Diamond also can la..hahah. But most of all, men who prove themselves with action are better compare to those who only can do sweet talks.

• Fox replied:

@Funn: Well, Bowie is in the age to talk like an old man now.

I wanna take another example: Nick Cheung. When I saw him, I dun think he is Nick Cheung. In person, Nick is quite ordinary, like a mid-age man you can meet everywhere in HK. But on screen, he has charisma.

Oh, Kevin is the same. Something very sad in him, the way he talks, he goes, like he always wants to be alone all the time.

• exoidus replied:

kate is just trying too hard to be sexy always gives to vibe of “im going to seduce you” LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus

Exoidus,

and stab you

• exoidus replied:

@ Veejay

well don’t expect them to risk their life LOL.

always find it funny when the guy is trying to set up a scene where he will save the “damsel in distress” hehe

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Fox replied:

Kate has fierce look. In person less fierce but on screen, very fierce. But after all, this fierce look is unique in TVB now :P. Her selling point.

The girls that I always forget how they looks like in TVB is Mandy Cho and Tracy Ip. Not saying that they are not pretty, just that I can’t rmb their faces.

• Veejay replied:

i’ve nothing against kate but why she has to force out that kinda pouty lips?? Obviously not her original lips but why?

• Fox replied:

Because she thinks it’s beautiful.

• Funn Lim replied:

I’d rather she throw away the bad habit of talking with a pout, which Kenneth is slowly doing.

• Canto replied:

Someone should tell her that fish lips are not sexy… fish lips are passe, and they only look great if on girls like Megan Fox. In ancient China history, I thought the beauties are always described as possessing peach soft and exquisite lips? i.e. not a big mouth…

Login or Register before you can reply to Canto
  7. exoidus says:

that’s why kate will be casted in WOB 2 so she can seduce everybody in order to climb to the top.

tracy ip is another plastic i think

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • Fox replied:

Lol, in a series about palace, seduce is the way of survive :P.

BTW, here is Linda’s nose after photoshoped:

You like her real nose more or the smaller one more?

• exoidus replied:

to be honest i don’t see a big difference at all.

need pics from the side.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Funn Lim replied:

No difference. She looks like huang yi now.

• Veejay replied:

did Tracy Ip admitted that she has a boob job done? If yes, then good for her.. atleast she admitted them are silicons

8. Kidd says:

Everyone is talking about Linda’s big nose. But, I honestly didn’t notice it. Her nose was fine and goes well with her face. Not distracting like Tavia’s.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Fox replied:

I guess because it’s a real one and ppl saw it with Linda from day one.

• Canto replied:

I thought I heard in some face reading fortune telling that big nose means that the person has lots of “tau hua”, i.e. love blossoms, i.e. lots of admirers and love affairs/ relationships?

Login or Register before you can reply to Canto
  9. Pineapple says:

I always thought that Linda was a natural and always seemed to be with a lot less make-up on then most artists. I never even noticed her nose before. To me, she has always been a nice pretty girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
  10. Mel says:

At least she didn’t get plastic surgery…unlike Tavia with her fake long ass nose

Login or Register before you can reply to Mel
  11. Pineapple says:

Yeah, I much prefer people to look natural even though they may not be absolutely beautiful.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
  12. lve88 says:

I like the part in the article where Linda said that she had the most chemistry with Steven Ma

Login or Register before you can reply to lve88