Michael Tse Contending For Four Awards In Malaysia

By on October 28, 2011 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Popular TVB Siu Sangs actors Michael Tse (謝天華), Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Kenneth Ma (馬國明) previously flew to Malaysia to host the opening voting ceremony for My Astro On Demand Favorites Awards 2011《My Astro On Demand 我的最愛頒獎典禮2011》.

Amongst those nominated, Michael Tse, who experienced sky-rocketing popularity based on his role as Laughing-Gor, had snagged four nominations – namely in categories like, “My Favorite On-screen Couple”, “My Favorite Drama Theme Song”, “Top Fifteen My Favorite TV Characters” as well as the “My Favorite Best Actor” award which he was contending together with fellow nominees like Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), Moses Chan (陳豪), Raymond Lam (林峯) and Bosco Wong (黃宗澤). It could indeed be said that Michael would be facing some intense competition in his fight for the Astro TV King award!

Other than that, Michael Tse’s police-triad TVB drama, Lives of Omission《潛行狙擊》, had received the most number of fourteen nominations. It was indeed apparent that Michael’s popularity showed no signs of slowing down!

Source:  Oriental Daily

This article was translated by Ah K, a Contributing Writer at JayneStars.com.

25 comments to Michael Tse Contending For Four Awards In Malaysia

1. dai si jie says:

I’m getting really tired of the Laughing Gor bandwagon. Lives of Omission is not even the year’s best series, just seriously overhyped.

Login or Register before you can reply to dai si jie
  2. Lol says:

There’s one award that was left out in the article. He was also nominated for the “most yueng soy” award and won.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
    • exoidus replied:

haha, couldn’t agree more with you…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
  3. xyz says:

I am glad MICHAEL TSE has finally obtained the recognition he deserves. He definitely earned it.

Login or Register before you can reply to xyz
  4. ahmoi says:

‘Lives of Omission’is, definitely,a fantastic show. Michael Tse,Damian Lau, Elena Kong and Bosco Wong gave impressive performances. But, Michael Tse’s interpretation of the character “Laughing Gor” was not just convincing but almost’flawless’.

Login or Register before you can reply to ahmoi
  5. Jayne says:

Ah K,
    Who do you think will have the greatest chance in winning Astro’s “My Favorite Actor” and “My Favorite Actress” awards?

I like the fact that the awards are driven by fan votes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
    • Vivien replied:

Yeap the awards is based on fan votes. So to AOD customers go vote your favourites as many times as you can before the deadline.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • Vivien replied:

I like the fact too. Unlike TVB who use a stupid producer and executive voting system and don’t use fan votings but I still think Laughing might win because of how TVB keep promoting him and putting him everywhere and ppl already know Laughing since EU so that’s an advantage

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • hmmm replied:

If it’s for “My Favorite Actor/Actress” then sure, it should be based on fan votes. But when it comes to “Best Actor/Actress”, it’d actually be ridiculous to use fan votes as a gauge — none of the other acting awards around the world does that, I’m sure.

Login or Register before you can reply to hmmm
    • Ah K replied:

@Jayne:

Me too! I love that the awards are not *ahem* “rigged”! Heehee I actually tried to give my two cents worth by voting but the votes were only restricted to Malaysia’s IP addresses which is such a bummer but also good in a way as that means a kind of fool-proof system right lol?

Hmm…I don’t know much about the tastes of Malaysia audiences/fans but for me, I would pick Bosco Wong for “My Favorite Actor” and of course my favorite Kate Tsui for “My Favorite Actress”!

Well, I’m clearly no expert in terms of acting skills, but if it was up to me to award, I would award “Best Actor” to Damien Lau as he’s such a versatile and competent actor, bringing life to the dramas he acted in, funny in “The Rippling Blossom” and serious and realistic in “Lives of Omission” (although he was kind of boring in “The Chamber of Bliss” but that was already a thing of the past, in 2009).

Much as I would love to suggest Wayne Lai for “Best Actor”, he hasn’t been spectacular, convincing or outstanding in “Forensic Heroes 3” (I mean, c’mon, let’s be rational and not judge based on consistency or past year acting performances)

For “Best Actress”, I would surely hope that Myolie Wu/Linda Chung could win it as they seem the best in terms of acting skills amongst the Fadans actresses.

How about you @Jayne?? Would love to hear your views! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Ah K
      • Jayne replied:

Ah K,
        Since we’re on the topic of Astro Awards, which are fan driven, I think Michael Tse and Kevin Cheng will have the highest opportunity to win “Favorite Actor.” My personal choice to win “Favorite Actor” is Chilam Cheung, since this award title seems to stress more personal preference rather than who possesses the best acting performance. 🙂

Myolie Wu seems to be on a very good streak this year, so she may have a good chance to win “My Favorite Actress” this year. She is also my personal choice for this category, as I have always liked her spunk and upbeat characterizations, just that she overdid it for a period of time, but she seems to have strike a better balance this year.

Selecting the “Favorite Actor/ Actress” is much easier than picking the “Best Actor/ Actress.” Frankly, if you looked at the last few years of who were TV King/ Queen, this year’s best contenders, while delivering good performances, are still at most “good” and not exactly “great” yet. This is more evident when you compare them to veterans such as Wayne Lai and Sheren, who truly deserved these titles two years in a row.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
      • lol replied:

Jayne is quite right. I love Chilam too and I wouldn’t vote for Michael but since this is Favourite Award Laughing has an advantage fans wise because he has accumulated fans from EU, Turning Point and now LOO. I think Kevin will give Laughing a tight competition because not only GJ and Law Ba is a smashing hit but he recently gained a whole lot screaming fans after the mega hit BBJX.

Myolie I think has almost no competition this year maybe a little from Miss Koo but that’s mostly in HK. Myolie has proven her good streak and well received this year from TRB and GJ.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  6. ABC says:

Michael stands a high chance of winning. though wayne lai is everyone’s no.1 favourite(err, maybe not you), his role in FH3 is not as expressive as Michael’s and Kenneth Ma’s roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to ABC
    • loungegirl replied:

Wayne Lai does not deserve to win this year. His character in FH3 is one of the most unappealing leads I’ve seen – not to mention the drama itself sucks. Very disappointing. Was he even in any other dramas this year? Not sure who I’d vote for… definitely not Raymond Lam.

Login or Register before you can reply to loungegirl
      • ABC replied:

agreed 🙂 wayne lai should be given roles that require alot of emotional expressions as he’s able to act them out so well and make you feel just so real *you melt.. lol

Login or Register before you can reply to ABC
      • lol replied:

Wayne’s problem in FH3 is not his acting which continues being good but is he’s not giving off that professional vibe. Wayne would look great in characters in RB and NR but it’s hard to take him as a professional.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • loungegirl replied:

@ lol,
        Actually, I blame it on the script. Pro sir’s character is poorly written and completely dull. This is unacceptable as Pro sir is the lead in this drama. The problem is not Wayne – I think he looks great in a suit and can definitely pull off the intellectual, mature, “see-mun” type – the problem is because the script and all the characters, their personalities, the storyline, cases, EVERYTHING just sucks. Just like I don’t even blame Kate for being such an awful Senior Inspector – it is all the fault of the casting directors and script writers.

Login or Register before you can reply to loungegirl
    • Vivien replied:

Michael is sure to win because TVB made Laughing becomes a brand to hype about and milk money.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • Vivien replied:

Michael’s acting as Laughing Gor in LOO is OTT. Many ppl like him because they already love him from EU it’s like a psychology thing. In EU he was great LOO NOT.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • hmmm replied:

That’s what YOU think. He actually won over even more new fans this time round — and by “new” I mean people who’d NOT seen him in EU.

Login or Register before you can reply to hmmm
      • Vivien replied:

I also met a LOT of people who watch LOO for him but end up love him in EU more but still support Laughing because they’re loyal to the EU Laughing

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  7. Addy says:

You know… if these awards actually care about acting merit and excellence, I’d give the Best Actor award to either Joe Ma or Sammul Chan (both for Relic of an Emissary). But no, TVB doesn’t work that way, so just might as well give it to Michael Tse because while Live of Omission was a pretty bad drama, it was damn entertaining.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
    • Vivien replied:

Joe Ma is fine but Sammul in ROAM don’t shout Best Actor nominee to me 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • ABC replied:

Yup, Joe Ma is quite deserving too!

Login or Register before you can reply to ABC
  8. Mimi says:

Ah….eh.eh…who’s so naughty as to say mean things about Laughing Gor? He should be given the ‘Best Actor’ award. No, no, I shan’t be drawn into your naughty arguments.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mimi