Sunny Chan May Not Renew TVB Contract

By on November 11, 2013 in NEWS

At a variety show recording, Sunny Chan (陳錦鴻) revealed that he currently has about two months left in his artist contract with TVB before it expires. He further admitted that he is looking at signing other television stations when the time comes.

Sunny took a year off from acting after shooting 2011’s Curse of the Royal Harem <萬凰之王> to care for his son Edgar Chan (陳駕樺), who was diagnosed with autism. Sunny returned to TVB in late 2012 to shoot the period drama The Day of Days <初五啟市錄>, but took yet another hiatus after filming in order to prep his son for public primary school. Edgar, who recently turned 6 years old, has been doing well in primary school.

“He has improved so much. He just took his first exam, and he did pretty well. It was over 90 percent!” Sunny said proudly.

As the sole breadwinner for his family, Sunny is often in charge of buying groceries and other needs. He added that he feels a greater sense of satisfaction when caring for his family, rather than shooting dramas.

As for his plans after his contract with TVB ends, Sunny said that he is still negotiating with TVB and is open in renewing his contract. However, he has also contemplated about signing with another station instead, saying, “If I am paid higher, I can work less hours and spend more time with my family.”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

18 comments to Sunny Chan May Not Renew TVB Contract

1. blurjen says:

family man!

Login or Register before you can reply to blurjen
  2. HeTieShou says:

I would love to see Sunny in other productions and hope he can earn more and work less so he can spend time with his family. He is such a great father and husband. Glad that his son is doing well.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Apple replied:

TOTAL AGREE. HOPE SUNNY SON CAN
      GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.

Login or Register before you can reply to Apple
  3. bbfanny says:

That’s a good picture of Sunny. He never ages. I’m really touched by his dedication towards his son. He should find work outside TVB since TVB pays peanuts but expect staff to work for long hours. That isn’t healthy for him and his kid.

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
  4. Jokes says:

Sunny chan is a very good actor

Login or Register before you can reply to Jokes
  5. SY says:

I like his acting in the “At the Threshold of an Era I & Ii” with Gallen Lo and Roger Kwok. Those old dramas were so much better than now. Better storyline and better acting too. I actually watching those reruns.

Login or Register before you can reply to SY
    • tvbfan replied:

Agree I wonder why Gallen Lo didn’t win tvb king for At the Threshold of an Era I & II

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
    • clamine replied:

My first Sunny’s tvb series is “At the Threshold of an Era I”, and he totally impressed me with his fine performance. I found the sequel dragging after his character dies. And just recently watched the DIF franchise, and once again was impressed by his performance.

I hope everything works out for Sunny and his family. Add oil!

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
  6. Lucia says:

I hope everything works out well for Sunny and his family. You are good actor and a wonderful dad and husband.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  7. Joanne says:

He is almost too perfect! I hope I can still see him at Tvb since I guess he wont be taking jobs in mainland which means spending less with his family…Tvb better appreciate him!!! Love him as “Hui Man Keong” in Once Upon a Time in Shanghai (1996)

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
  8. happybi says:

What a great father and husband. Family man for sure!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  9. ray says:

He was one of the lead actors in tvb back then, what happened?

Login or Register before you can reply to ray
    • sheldon replied:

Time has changed, so are people. But for “people” I mean the audiences. HK audience has changed 360 degree on watching TV drama, right now they have higher expectations, wanting more from them. I believe the audiences themselves don’t even know what they even want. All they do is complain, complain, and complain some more.

Login or Register before you can reply to sheldon
      • pandamao replied:

quite an insightful comment but it seems like the audience rarely ever complain about the mainland, korean or taiwanese dramas. i think complain is pretty much their way of comparing what is better.

i complain a lot too since my expectations have increased over the years but when ricky wong had a few of his episodes out, i was actually interested in watching it. he depicted tv series that were very similar to what americans are watching. i personally want some outside of the box ventures pushing artist to their limits. tvb is way too comfortable for me now. even mainland china is getting to the stage of boring …

i’m still in disbelief that they rejected ricky wong. the government controlling the saturation of advertisement is ridiculous. it’s pretty much the same as telling me – u can’t have burger king because there’s not enough buns out there to make all the burgers for hong kong.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
      • penny replied:

Ricky Wong said it’s tv dramas are like americian tv show, he can says whatever he wants. Saw the trailers and it wasn’t anything like americian tv shows. It was really uninteresting. Higher hopes, bigger disappointments

Login or Register before you can reply to penny
    • Michael replied:

Overacting happened. But great family man.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
  10. Kora says:

He may still look younger for his age/as a senior but his acting is very amateur.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kora
  11. Larry 3 says:

Probably a per series contract, if he is lucky to get lead acting job.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3