[TV Commentary] “The Journey of Flower” Episodes 15 to 16
The Journey Of Flower <花千骨>
Also known as : Hua Qiangu
2015 Mainland Chinese drama
Language : Mandarin
Number of episodes: 50
Cast: Wallace Huo, Zhao Liying, Andy Zhang, Jiang Xin
HQG – Hua Qiangu
BZH – Bai Zihua
SQM – Sha Qianmo
More similar posts at http://p2e-hqg.blogspot.com/
EPISODES 15 to 16
Next time, don’t be so foolish
– Bai Zihua
Possibly the most romantic line in episode 16, uttered by BZH to HQG.
Ep 15 is a waste of time. Seriously waste of time. Ep 16 is better but still half of it is camera spinning and spinning and characters staring at one another for like the longest of time or sitting around waiting or god awful CGIs or uninspired fightings and more poisoning for our HQG who is per average.
– poisoned every other episode
– forced to use a lot of her power to the max like she may die from it like every 3 episodes
– protect her beloved shifu’s items until death like every episode
– lie sick on bed like every other episode
You see the pattern don’t you? And we haven’t even reach the real stuff like stabbing and imprisonment.
And after the longest of time with men gathering around one place and wait for something to begin for a fight to finish off camera, we have 3 immortals gathered around the smallest bowl of water or something looking at the mortal world or BZH forced to appear to fight SQM. That I won’t complain. HQG finally knows who is SQM and she still doesn’t quite get sister is actually brother and brother really wants that musical harp her shifu gave her that SQM is willing to do anything, except kill HQG. Doesn’t mean he won’t kill everybody else.
And after waiting and waiting for something to happen HQG is yet again in danger by being kidnapped and yet again saved by SQM but it was shifu who get to carry her to safety, and that was when he said in a rather gentlest voice with his utterly serious face to never be so foolish to protect something with her life since you know, he places her life above all else. That made HQG a very happy girl. I was expecting a kiss, looks like they were cms away from one another’s lips.
And then back to staring and staring and staring… but this time between SQM who loves to flirt with our BZH who looks at him like he looks at anybody else, even HQG; stoic, stern, blank except I swear he looks at SQM with a little bit more gentleness than he does his faithful stalker, Zixun.
And after some more staring and staring and staring, FINALLY the fight… begins….
AND IT ENDS JUST THERE!!!!!!!!! UNTIL NEXT EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a waste of 2 episodes. And I still don’t get the following:-
1. Why is Xuanlang at the fight pit? Why was he tasked with fighting that blue eyed ugly dude? Could he have won?
2. How come only BZH who turns up to save the day? What about Super Grumpy brother and Super Relaxed brother? What do they do?
3. How come it looks like LOTR? The demons and such all reminds me of ugly orcs and this episode is like Battle at Helm’s Deep, you know the filler before the real battle which is at Gondor aka Chang Liu?
4. Where did the twins go at the end of the fight? Bonding time between twin brothers?
5. Why one earth this series has such god awful lousy GCI and on top of the sword flinging and on top of that top we have disgusting long tongue lashing at our heroine and on top of that top’s top poisoning is dark purple lipstick which is really bad bad make up and some more on top of that top’s top’s top, the sound effect is like non existent. Things can fall, no sound, flying no sound, appearing from thin air, no sound
6. And why they walk when they can FLY???
I am lost at those powerful magical objects. It reminds of of Harry Potter and the … was it 7 hocruxes? At least that makes sense. This story visually is borrowing heavily from so many western literature or movies, it almost losses its originality and some order returned whenever BZH and SQM and HQG appears. The rest can just disappear. I still don’t get what game Dongfang is playing, I don’t understand what’s the point of Xuanlang in this scene except to cram as many people into the staring, staring, staring game but one good thing;
Mantian saved HQG, she couldn’t kill HQG. Don’t be happy for her, she finally killed her first victim to silence him and that was the traitor student. So officially someone we know has died, unfortunately for him, I don’t even know his name.
So now is the long wait for Episode 17 and I bet HQG will come between her most revered and admired and hero worshipped and lusted after shifu and her most affectionate girlfriend make up shopping partner “sister”.
- [TV COMMENTARY] “The Journey of Flower” Episodes 1 to 3
- [TV COMMENTARY] “The Journey of Flower” Episodes 4 to 6
- [TV COMMENTARY] “The Journey of Flower” Episodes 7 to 9
- [TV COMMENTARY] “The Journey of Flower” Episodes 10 to 12
- [TV COMMENTARY] “The Journey of Flower” Episodes 13 to 14
This commentary is written by Funn Lim, a Contributing Writer at JayneStars.com and was originally posted at http://p2e-hqg.blogspot.com/.