Netizens Call Joseph Lee “Disgusting” for Kissing 15-Year-Old Daughter

By on July 25, 2017 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Netizens Call Joseph Lee “Disgusting” for Kissing 15-Year-Old Daughter

On July 21, 63-year-old TVB veteran actor Joseph Lee (李國麟) celebrated his daughter’s 15th birthday on social media. The proud father wrote on Weibo, “Yesterday was my daughter’s birthday! So happy!”

Joseph shared three photos of his daughter celebrating her birthday at a restaurant, in which one was of him kissing his daughter on the lips. This picture apparently ignited some disapproval among netizens, calling Joseph “disgusting” and “perverted”.

“I don’t think you should kiss your daughter like that,” said one netizen. “Males and females should be treated differently after all.” Another netizen simply said, “Disgusting.”

However, there were also many netizens who didn’t find the picture revolting, but sweet. Defending Joseph, one netizen said, “If you think this is dirty, then everything would be dirty to you.” Many others left encouraging comments with birthday wishes.

Source: Eastweek

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Netizens Call Joseph Lee “Disgusting” for Kissing 15-Year-Old Daughter

• Edwin Siu Wants to Win an Award Through Tough Competition(4)
  • Review: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (By Funn)(31)
  • Review: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (By Miriamfanz)(146)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (Episode 22)(5)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Three Kingdoms RPG" Episode 20(11)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (Episode 19)(9)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (Episode 17)(7)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (Episode 16)(79)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (Episode 15)(18)
  • Episodic Thoughts: "Three Kingdoms RPG" (Episode 14)(36)

• 21 comments to Netizens Call Joseph Lee “Disgusting” for Kissing 15-Year-Old Daughter

1. Profile photo of hannah hannah says:

lmao is just a peck

Login or Register before you can reply to hannah
      • Profile photo of abcd abcd replied:

@hannah exactly! People overthink things!

Login or Register before you can reply to abcd
    2. Profile photo of abcd abcd says:

People need to chill out. It’s a peck. Parents in the US do it all the time.

Login or Register before you can reply to abcd
      • Profile photo of critique critique replied:

@abcd
        By the same logic father kisses his 15 year old son on the lips is appropriate?

Login or Register before you can reply to critique
    3. Profile photo of funnlim funnlim says:

Nothing wrong but not quite right. I am more disturbed with closed eye kiss. In fact, not very right.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
      • Profile photo of janet72 janet72 replied:

@funnlim if she is 5, i can understand that peck.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    4. Profile photo of critique critique says:

Done on purpose? Father’s way to help launch his daughter’s showbiz career now that she has been noticed

Login or Register before you can reply to critique
    5. Profile photo of happybi happybi says:

Personally don’t see a problem with the pic. Normal to kiss on the lips with your own children. I even do it with my nieces/nephews. Normal within a family. People who see it as being dirty are the one that have issue.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
      • Profile photo of funnlim funnlim replied:

@happybi Perhaps but again depends on the kiss. A peck is ok. I do remember many were freaked out at how Angelina Jolie kissed her brother in front of TV. Of course it was nothing for them but the world need not see that. Joseph’s kiss is not that level.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
        • Profile photo of happybi happybi replied:

@funnlim Lots of people freak out over little thing.. Beckham was being bash for kissing his daughter on the lips.. she was only freaking 5. Same goes to Hillary Duff who was bash for kissing her 4 yrs old son on the lips.. People need to chill out.. normal for parents to kiss their kids like that…I close my eyes sometime when I kiss my son.. he also like grabbing my head and hard kiss my lip too.. all normal.. they just think it’s funny.. Joseph daughter is older but it’s a damn peck.. so why do people have to judge.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
        • Profile photo of llwy12 llwy12 replied:

@happybi Yea, I know right? It still baffles me how overly conservative HK audiences/netizens are. I honestly don’t see a problem with parents kissing their children on the lips, but then again, I grew up in the U.S., where this happens all the time, so I guess that’s the difference. In a way though, it’s kind of embarrassing that fellow Hong Kongers react the way they do to this kind of stuff (obviously this is not the first time) – I mean, it’s gotten to the point where something as natural as a hug, if it occurs between a male and a female in HK, it’s automatically construed as “too intimate” and if the 2 aren’t lovers, then it’s “disgusting”. So stupid!

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
    6. Profile photo of hayden hayden says:

Father kisses teenage daughter on the lips with closed eyes ppl deemed inappropriate. But mother kisses teenage son on the lips (eg Got7 Jackson) previously, not many ppl deemed inappropriate but netizens even encouraged it more

Login or Register before you can reply to hayden
      • Profile photo of funnlim funnlim replied:

@hayden Depends. Close eye or not. Between mom and son lesser expectation than that of daughter and father. Obviously this is nothing because he posted it for all to see but sometimes it is inappropriate.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
    7. Profile photo of m0m0 m0m0 says:

i kiss my younger daughter on the lips. she’s two so cute. not so much w/ the older one but she would ask and she’s 5.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
    8. Profile photo of jayne jayne says:

I think it’s okay to kiss kids on the lips when they are little. But as they grow up into teenagers, it’s probably better to kiss on the cheeks.

Showing affection can be done in different ways. Aside from the actual kiss on the lips, Joseph and his daughter’s embrace looks very tight and romantic, which may make more conservative fans uncomfortable.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • Profile photo of kolo kolo replied:

@jayne then i would say to the conservative “fans” to grow up. it says more about the fans themselfs how narrow minded they are. as long as they are not french kissing then its ok.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • Profile photo of coralie coralie replied:

@jayne I’m with you, Jayne. it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to see this only because I’ve been conditioned to think that there’s a clear distinction between kids/teenagers/adults. cheek kisses or hugs will forever be in vogue, but lip kisses are a bit out there for my taste.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    9. A kiss is not inherently sexual. I can understand that people might find it weird when they themselves have only associated kissing on the lips with something inherently romantic or sexual but it is not. Platonic kisses on the lips dates back to further than the Middle Ages. To call Joseph disgusting is taking it way too far and the truly inappropriate thing that I see.

Try googling ‘parents kiss child’ literally none of them peck their child with their eyes open so I don’t understand the ‘but his eyes are closed so it makes it more inappropriate’ argument.

Login or Register before you can reply to peanutbutterjelly
    10. Profile photo of rucofan1100 rucofan1100 says:

OH NO!!! I’M TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!! A FATHER SHOWING AFFECTION TOWARDS HIS CHILD?!?! GRAB THE PITCHFORKS!!!
      kissing on the lips between parent and child at that age is definitely out of the norm, but are we really trying to find fault in what is clearly a tight parent and child bond? it’s a peck, not a full on make out session! conservative chinese culture frowns on hugging, when was the last time you told your mom or dad you love them?
      ps, who kisses with their eyes open? now that’s freaky

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofan1100
    11. Profile photo of pocky pocky says:

No big deal here. At least there wasn’t any tongue involved. LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to pocky