By on May 21, 2011 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Raymond Lam (林峯) and Kate Tsui (徐子珊) appeared at a promotion event yesterday. Raymond and Charmaine Sheh’s (佘詩曼) new TVB series, My Sister of Eternal Flower <花花世界花家姐> was accused of discriminating against mentally challenged people. Raymond pointed out that Charmaine’s character found a job in the series and was more intelligent than he was in the office. “I did not receive that particular complaint. Perhaps everyone’s perception was different!”

Viewers also complained that Charmaine replicated Roger Kwok’s (郭晉安) performance in Square Pegs <戆夫成龙>. Raymond strongly supported his partner,  “Whether it was the interpretation, body language, or tone of voice, Charmaine’s performance was very, very good. I told myself to deliver a better performance, so that we can balance out! ”

When reporters mentioned that Raymond’s ex-girlfriend, Mavis Pan (潘霜霜), may come to Hong Kong for promotional purposes, Raymond noted that he will not respond. Asked whether Raymond feared that Mavis may further provoke him, he was not willing to answer. Raymond stressed that he was currently focused on preparing for his upcoming concert.

Kate was spotted wearing the same woven bracelet that Ron Ng (吳卓羲) wore. Kate denied the rumors with Ron and noted that she got the bracelet from a master. The bracelet was intended to guard her health and many artists wore the same type of bracelet. Kate stressed that she would only date a man from outside the entertainment industry.  Asked whether she had feelings for Ron, Kate said, “The rumors have been circulating for too long; I have become numb!”

Compiled from The Sun and On.cc

Jayne: Both Raymond and Kate look so tired in the above photo, showing their age a bit more….

97 comments to Raymond Lam Strongly Supports Charmaine Sheh’s Performance in “My Sister of Eternal Flower”

1. blubelle says:

Can anyone give examples of female actress/es that gave an excellent performance as a mentally disabled/challenged person either in movies or tv?

Login or Register before you can reply to blubelle
    • Fox replied:

Myolie in Golden Faith? Quite convincing.

2. Larry 3 says:

Funn Lim: below 30 points throughout the series is consider a rating disaster. 30 and above, consider a success . . . and quality of the series doesnt matter either way.

Ive seen celebrations 30 and above…. not 30 and below. Thats TVB making big stink about it.

Funn Lim: “When is a series considered rating disaster? I see celebrations for 31 points, 41points, 21 points.. always celebration?”

• Fox replied:

Also depends on the general situation. Like this year, all below 30 except a 30.5 and you round it 31.

• Larry 3 replied:

TVB is so desperate, give them a point. lol

• Fox replied:

If there is any 30.6 then TRB will be ranked lower.

• Larry 3 replied:

This is why you should not look at Wikipedia at your source… lol

• Fox replied:

I dun look at Wiki and my info about TRB’s rating is correct while yours is not.

31 points, 31 points, 31 points, 31 points, 31 points ! ! ! 🙂

3. Larry 3 says:

I wanna add, Episode 8 flaws…. Hugo is on the coach with two different blankets color: blue and white?

4. jim says:

ray has always said that he is not fit for a comedic role, but hugo zhang is now one of my face roles that he had acted.

5. Larry 3 says:

Fox, you just dont like the way I interpret. Thats find. lol @ yourself…

This series suck. Amen! 🙂

LMAO, so you follow it very tight, Larry 3. If it’s really bad, why you have to make yourself feel bad? Or you really wanna love SM (kidding*).

Not the end of the world, I just tell you to be patient and wait.

And it dun shock me for a second. Hehe, TRB also has an amount of bad reviews. So what? Name me a series that there is no complaint about it?

• Fox replied:

Fa is sucked, just like others. Others can be sucked, why Fa cannot? Amen.

To TVB! They suck at it!

6. jim says:

yes fox, your so right, good job.

7. jim says:

poor ray, he is quite thin in this series, this maybe due to his busy and tight schedule other than filming this series.

8. Larry 3 says:

ratings for “My Sister of Eternal Flower” 2nd week: down 1 point @ 26 points.

YIKES! It didnt improve . . . I wonder why?

• Larry 3 replied:

RATINGS DISASTER, here we go…

• Funn Lim replied:

Isn’t 26 points normal in terms of TV?

• Larry 3 replied:

Well, TVB execs are not happy to see that number that it is performing…

It should be the normal when TVB and ATV meets i-Cable, nowTV and City Telcom to duke out ratings war next year.

Viewership numbers in Hong Kong, just to get the idea:

1 point represents 63,880 viewers

26 points = 1.66 million viewership

• Fox replied:

Bravo! You are right! Then?

• Larry 3 replied:

High five, right at you! 🙂

Shake hands*

9. Charlene says:

Here goes the Charmaine and Raymond hater!!
    Gosh u people are sooo hateful!!If u don’t like it don’t watch it then.Why would u waste ur time watching something u don’t like.MAKE NO Sense watching something u don’t like and start bashing and hating like crazy.If u don’t like it then fine but there are fans and people out there enjoy watching
    this seris.U guys are just haters no offence .I enjoy watching this seris and I know that there are people out there who like watching it as well if no one like it the rating would be zero .But I also know that this seris will get better.If u guys complain soo
    much then why don’t u try act like a mentally person .I don’t think u guys can do better then Charmaine.
    My mom teach me that when u don’t have something nice to say to someone don’t say it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Charlene
    • Funn replied:

Here goes the Charmaine and Raymond lovers!!
      Gosh u people are sooo sickeningly lovey dovey!!If u like it watch it then.Why would u waste ur time commenting on people watching something they don’t like.MAKE NO Sense replying to negative comments by those watching something they don’t like and start bashing and hating them like crazy.If u don’t like it then fine but there are fans and people out there enjoy reading such comments and agreeing with honest un-idol-like comments.U guys are just haters no offence .I did not enjoy watching this seris and I know that there are people out there who like watching it as well if no one like it the rating would be zero but then there are people who will watch anything and the more negative comments the more viewers (re Mysteries Of Love) .But I also know that this seris will probably get better but no one cares anyway.”If u guys complain soo
      much then why don’t u try act like a mentally person” which is the usual replies to criticisms which is lame since we want our money’s worth and we want to enjoy a good performance with a good story but everytime we criticise we are called haters just because we have standards and we don’t compromise. “I don’t think u guys can do better then Charmaine” which is again lame since how do you know?
      “My mom teach me that when u don’t have something nice to say to someone don’t say it” which is true so why don’t the lovey-doveys practice that towards the so called haters? My mom well myself actually taught myself a bit of objectivity in criticisms would do the world some good, or at least would do the person expressing the opinion some good.

Not everybody loves whatever everybody else loves. If no one has any opinion and does not share any opinion, then what is the point of all these posts?

Live with it. You think she’s great, some do think she sucks. The world balances itself pretty well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn
    • Funn replied:

Here goes the Charmaine and Raymond lovers!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn
  10. jim says:

charlene, i know you good girl, you very obedient girl, you love you mom very much i am support, i agree dont be people are sooo hateful.

11. jim says:

fox, your are so cute, shake hands.

12. Calvin Chan says:

What i think is that Raymond should support Charmaine Sheh’s performance in SIster of eternal Flower. I mean DOn’t care about Raymond’s Chok face or Charmaines sillly face. IT’s all ’bout skill. They have the skill to act, and instead of saying CHOK FACE IS UGly well at least hes better than you who say about him. All an opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to Calvin Chan
  13. jim says:

Im back guys! I can’t wait for Ghost Writer 2. Its coming next year , i think~

14. Funn says:

Don’t be hateful, guys! We are talking about acting , not popularity or Chok face or Raymond Lam’s face. We are also not talking bout comparing Roger and Charmaine’s ” 10 year old brain age” acting. And not that her eyes are not that expressive.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn
    • Funn Lim replied:

Who are you and why are you using my name?

• HeTieShou replied:

What the heck?? Ok, you don’t even sound like Funn at all so we all know that you are fake. Why are you doing this?? I think something has to be done to stop these spammers!!

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Funn Lim replied:

Why suddenly everyone has cute avatar faces??

• CY replied:

@ Funn Lim

Yea I know!!! I just got onto the site and thought to myself: “This is new…” BTW why does mine look like a weird starfish with sunnies? 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to CY
      • Funn Lim replied:

No but why is everyone’s so… sad looking?

15. Calvin Chan says:

I am an actor of TVB. i play the role of Yes sir sorry sir role of Zherng Zhun. I think that everyone’s acting is unique, and shouldn’t compare in a criticizing way,sometimes Tavia’s acting is quite funny in a way.,

Login or Register before you can reply to Calvin Chan
    • Fox replied:

A small question: You are speaking Cantonese or Mandarin?

• Kidd replied:

You speaking for real of bluffing?

If yes, nice to meet you. 🙂

How you get to know this site?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd

He’s bluffing.

16. Larry3 says:

I mean seriously. Instead of criticizing people or complimenting other actors you like, why don’t you consider Raymond??? His chok face isn’t really Chok… and its the newspaper that is calling him that… You are insulting him in a punishing way,.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry3

Fake Larry 3.

• HeTieShou replied:

You don’t sound like Larry 3 at all.. Why can’t you use your own name instead of impersonating someone else??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  17. Funn says:

I strongly agree with you Larry3. I mean they didn’t want that character. If you strongly think about it, the editor or script writer did all the things.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn
    • Funn Lim replied:

I wonder why use my name?

• Larry 3 replied:

There are spammers out there!

• Funn Lim replied:

Easily recognised with me since got avatar, whether Funn or Funn Lim. So you’re Larry 3 and not Larry3?

You are correct.

• exoidus replied:

LOL, I bet that person is looking for your avatar now 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Funn Lim replied:

Some people are just waste of time aren’t they?

• Funn Lim replied:

I mean don’t they even have the guts to use their own pseudonym? If pretending to be is making their lives more awesome, then so be it. However, why not be you and just give yourself another name and identity. I happen to like my name so please leave my name alone.

And yes my avatar is easily found, unfortunately, if that is the case I may need to update it!

• Fox replied:

That’s why we should ask Jayne to add the log in function in.

18. jim says:

episode 14 ending is the saddest ending i ever seen, good job ray.

• Larry 3 replied:

Then look at episode 15, Raymand Lam’s character becomes a pedophile.

19. Chriselle says:

I’m on episode six now.

Charmaine: “Sister, it hurts over here (points to heart), can you take me to see the doctor?”

LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
  20. Judy says:

While I’m ok with the story line so far… I honestly don’t feel any connection btwn Ray and Char.

Login or Register before you can reply to Judy
    • Chriselle replied:

@Judy, Connection as in emotional connection between the two characters or chemistry between the two actors?

I don’t sense an emotional connection between the two characters and that’s pretty much expected since the intellectual gap between Sister Fa and Chiang Yik are on two completely different levels. In terms of chemistry, this isn’t Raymond and Charmaine’s best collaboration either. Charmaine looks so much older than Raymond in here.

Right now, I’m most interested in Toby and Pierre’s storyline. I wonder if he will develop into a villain or is he just ambitious on his own? Toby improved immensely in here; her emotional scenes where she yells at her brother, Jazz, is actually quite convincing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
      • Judy replied:

I don’t see an emotional connection nor romantic chemistry between char & ray. I think emotional connection is possible (Jessica and Roger had pretty good emotional connection in square pegs), but it just didn’t happen in this story. Have you seen “I am Sam” starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Sean Penn? The emotional connection btwn all the character’s was phenomenal.. “Sam” had such great character depth even though he was mentally challenged. I think the way they wrote Char’s character (and Ray) is so one dimensional that it’s hard to see any kind of connection between the two characters.

I definitely like pierre & toby’s story line better.. Pierre’s character is much more complicated than all the others. I have a feeling that there is a story behind Pierre’s family history and Raymond’s grandfather… I feel like he is gonna try to drive the business down the drain.

Login or Register before you can reply to Judy
      • Kidd replied:

I, on the other hand, am more interested in Charmaine and Raymond’s story followed by Jazz’s story. Some how, I find Toby and Pierre’s story boring even though I like both actors and I think they acted well, especially Pierre.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Chriselle replied:

@Kidd, Me too. I’m interested in Jazz’s story. It’s only a matter of time when Lily is going to dump him. I hope Lily will have more scenes too.

On the other hand, Gau Gau’s (Catherine Chau) father cracks me up. LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
      • Kidd replied:

@ Chriselle

I’m really interested to know why Lily dated Jazz in the first place. She’s such a materialistic girl and she beautiful. She can go for ‘better guys’. But, why she stuck with Jazz for so long? I like to know how Jazz court her. I believe she truly love Jazz at one time.

I like Gau Gau. But, I think her dad raise her wrongly. She’s more intelligent than Fah actually. If her father did not pamper her so much, but, instead try to let her work like Fah, she can be independent and look after herself when he’s not around.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Chriselle replied:

@Kidd, So far there’s only been one scene of Lily if I remember correctly. I took a break from the series for two weeks and only recently did I went back to it. It’s when she brought her puppy up for Sister Fa to babysit while she went on a dinner with someone else.

Maybe Lily does realize the realities of life and know that Jazz will like her for who she is and not only for her beauty, like most wealthy men are believed to be after. Maybe she realizes that Jazz will be by her side during her ups and downs and be there for her when he’s needed.

When Jazz told Toby that, “You know, it’s really hard for me to find someone who I like and who likes me back…”

My initial impression was that Lily was only using Jazz, but I think you made a good point. With her beauty, she didn’t have to be with Jazz, whose poor, short, and below average in terms of looks. While Jazz isn’t a superficial person, I think he can be tempted at times. I also wonder why he likes Lily. Because Lily is so pretty, I wonder if he was ever distracted by her physical appearance.

Btw, I feel that the actress herself has a ton of make-up on. I see that in many of her series except Pages of Treasures, which she played a poor teenager girl. It’s mainly the foundation that makes it look overdone.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
      • Chriselle replied:

@Kidd, I also forgot to mention that maybe Lily doesn’t like how Jazz doesn’t have any determination or ambitions to achieve higher and that’s prolly why she’s a bit fed up with him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
      • Kidd replied:

@ Chriselle

This could also be true. In one scene, Jazz think back to the time they were together and there was a scene where they were happy together. Maybe Lily later realise she wants more than just a simple life.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  21. jim says:

i loved this drama, i dont think its retarded, but to me whatever i loved it anyway.

22. Larry 3 says:

Third week ratings @ 26 points, still predicting correctly as it is rating disaster.

• Funn Lim replied:

So who took the ratings away? Ghetto Justice?

Ghetto Justice is 28.

• exoidus replied:

well 26 points is not bad for such a rubbish series. If HK citizens had better things to do then it could potentially fall below 20 points.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Larry 3 replied:

Its not as bad as “Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion” with a low of 22 points rating.

That was a grand production in 2006. Raymond and Charmine in that series.

24 bottles on the wall?

• Fox replied:

The rating of LWOLAP is 24.

• Larry 3 replied:

I wasnt talking about the average rating. Im pointing out the series dip the lowest point . . . at 22 points.

Such a boring ancient series.

• Fox replied:

Uhm but it’s welcomed in China, Msia and Singapore :P. I rmb that it was in top 5 rating of Astro WLT.

23. jim says:

hope dont compare, just watch and enjoy it. nice not nice their is already doing good job and clean.

24. jim says:

exoidus, you thinking acting retarded role is easy, you act leh, for sure 1000% failed.

• Fox replied:

acting isn’t her/his job, so can’t request her/him to do such thing. Be realistic.

25. Larry 3 says:

The ending is whack! I still dont like this series, after watching it on live streaming from Hong Kong (BeTV player). I have to say, TVB did a usual BBQ ending scene… OLD! I dont want to spoil the ending right out since some people have not watch it yet in a fast pace.

• Funn Lim replied:

Larry I just wanna know. Was I right?

• Larry 3 replied:

You were right all along. It is such a predictable ending and really a waste of time watching it.

Will TVB put this crappy series to WIN the Best TVB series in 2011? 🙂

• Fox replied:

LMAO, who tell you to watch and waste your time. It’s your choice, man/girl.

• Larry 3 replied:

That because I have free time. Cant take the heat of negative reviews of this series, FOX ?

Can. Enjoy the heat.

• Fox replied:

But plz dun act like you are forced to watch. It’s your own choice and thank you for contribute a viewer to the series, lol.

So? You want my life?

• Fox replied:

Nope, why I need your life?

You mention it.

26. jim says:

go charray, will support forever, defeat all the negative comment.

27. Chriselle says:

Just completed the last episode of this. Ending was too predictable, happy, and unrealistic. I need an explanation as to why Pierre’s cancer miraculously cured.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
    • Larry 3 replied:

Stage 4 Cancer and it is cured under 3 years? Hmmmmmm…..

miracles do happen

This thing can happen.

In TVB scripts…

28. jim says:

i hate it when people compare series, i mean whats the point, no work is completely the same, char is doing a great job with sister fa, while ah wong was also great.