Joe Ma is a Big Flirt in “Harmony is a Virtue”

By on September 22, 2014 in TV Dramas

Joe Ma (馬德鐘), Kate Tsui (徐子珊), Carat Cheung (張名雅), and Tracy Chu (朱千雪) filmed for TVB comedy, Harmony is a Virtue <以和為貴>, at Ma On Shan. Portraying a flirtatious gangster, Joe’s character is involved with three very different women. Kate said, “Joe’s character has the most outrageous lines and often teases me; he sounds like a pervert!”

Kate portrays a mediator in the series and has adequately prepared for the role by researching the occupation. Tracy takes on the challenge of playing an autistic character and appeared in subdued makeup, a stark contrast to Carat’s flamboyant character, who wears multi-colored wigs in the drama.

Although Kate’s character is married to Stefan Wong (黃長興), Carat comes between their relationship. Kate revealed, “Carat’s character is my nemesis and often upsets me.” Asked if she shared any acting tips with newcomers Carat and Tracy, Kate said, “There is no pressure working with them,” and added that Elena Kong ( 江美儀) is also an experienced actress on the set.

Since filming started Harmony is a Virtue, Joe has little time for rest. Despite working with TVB for 21 years, Joe’s body is already protesting the demands of the hectic filming schedule. He said, “I slept only for three hours. After working like this for two to three days, my throat already started hurting.” However, he was full of praises towards Carat and Tracy, whom he said were quick learners and adapted to the filming environment easily.

Sources: On.cc; On.cc

This article is written by Jayne for JayneStars.com.

20 comments to Joe Ma is a Big Flirt in “Harmony is a Virtue”

1. jj says:

Joe is way too old for this type of role. I also don’t think he’s savvy enough to be a player. He somewhat portrayed one in Triumph in the Sky back in the days. Even then I didn’t think he’s fitted for the role. I don’t like Kate acting either but at least she toned down her fake eyelash in this pic lol regardless, I think this is a skip series for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    • jj replied:

I think he also lacks that charismatic in his acting. He’s not a bad actor, he’s pretty good actually. Just the role doesn’t seem to fit him in my opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    • oscar replied:

“don’t think he’s savvy enough to be a player”
      well, don’t let his looks fool you. I was shocked to read that he has “salty pig hands”.

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar
      • Toby replied:

He might be salty in real life but he doesn’t bring the charisma onscreen.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
    • Toby replied:

I agree Joe is too old for this role and is not charismatic enough to be a flamboyant guy although he does have a real life history with Rose Chan case. Ruco would be a better fit.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
      • lol replied:

Ruco

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Rita Ng replied:

Yes, Ruco would be perfect.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita Ng
      • kiwi replied:

Ruco, Bosco, Sammy, and Joel. 😀 🙁 LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
      • oscar replied:

pleeeese, not “slipper rice eater” Joel Chan.

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar
      • kiwi replied:

“slipper rice eater”

LOL! TVB needs all the help they can get. His acting isn’t bad. 😀 🙁 LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
      • LilKnitt replied:

Yes please! I would like to see Ruco paired with Kate!

Login or Register before you can reply to LilKnitt
  2. well…hope will be a very good outcome even that is not coming up on tv yet!!!!! jus the other word of saying that Joe ma is just not that good to film as this kind of character!!!! 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
  3. Shannon says:

I really enjoy Joe Ma’s acting…too bad he has never won BA

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
    • Jokes replied:

Agree and his wife keeps having a cry he can’t even win an award in mainland and can’t even survive there but he does do a decent job in each role

Login or Register before you can reply to Jokes
  4. Hannahh says:

sound like another boring serie

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  5. Toby says:

Joe Ma is a very mediocre actor with mediocre looks. He has no charisma to be in lead roles. I still remember him for having zero chemistry with all his costars.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
  6. lol says:

Tvb should bring back the 15 favourite awards instead of just having the one

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  7. ksten.s says:

agreed. think he’s too old though yeah.

Login or Register before you can reply to ksten.s
  8. Mew says:

He’s such a boring actor

Login or Register before you can reply to Mew
    • oscar replied:

Agree with you. When i see his horsey face I want to zzzzzzz.

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar