Coffee Lam Admits She Has Been Fired by TVB

By on July 3, 2014 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Coffee Lam (林芊妤) was officially fired by TVB after meeting with management executives yesterday. The 24-year-old artiste had a chance to explain her 30-minute public restroom scandal with rich heir Will Lam (林知譽). After a discussion that lasted nearly two hours, TVB decided to terminate Coffee’s management contract.

Arriving at TVB City just before noon yesterday, Coffee was not spotted leaving until 1:40 p.m. Surrounded by the press, she revealed the termination of her contract and expressed, “I’m thankful towards TVB for cultivating me throughout the past six years. This is a big lesson and a misunderstanding [on my part]. I should have returned to the company and explained the incident as soon as it happened, but I chose to handle it immaturely.”

Coffee added that she will respect the company’s decision and wished the media would give her space. “TVB has been really nice to me. I’m truly touched and would like to thank those who cared for me. Actually, there is nothing more to say since the incident happened a long time ago. Give my family and I some space.” Currently lacking future plans, Coffee will take a mental and physical break.

In a hurry to dodge the crowd of reporters, Coffee awkwardly boarded the wrong car while waiting for a taxi. Embarrassed by her actions, she helplessly stepped out and continued to wait. In the meantime, Coffee refused to answer any questions regarding Will Lam. When a taxi finally arrived, she exclaimed, “Don’t follow my car. I just lost my career, and I don’t want to waste money driving around in circles. Help me save my money. I’m not heading home no matter what.”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

89 comments to Coffee Lam Admits She Has Been Fired by TVB

1. TVBfan88 says:

this is actually very sad because I didn’t know Coffee was in TVB for 6 years!

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBfan88
    • Tvbfan replied:

Metoo I only notice her in TITSII because she was Kenneth sidechick.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbfan
  2. omg says:

Poor girl! One strike and she’s out.

Login or Register before you can reply to omg
    • kitai replied:

Nice analogy, but I would say she swung at a ball and popped out.

Login or Register before you can reply to kitai
  3. bloom says:

I guess all of us expected this outcome.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
  4. Annie Lee says:

It’s her personal life. TVB is being too conservative, just like their management style and program quality..

Login or Register before you can reply to Annie Lee
    • Best replied:

They are not conservative, they don’t want no ho ho ho ho around.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
      • Mike replied:

Not that they don’t want no ho ho ho they just don’t want one that will be so public about it

Login or Register before you can reply to Mike
      • Mt replied:

TVB wants people they can control.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mt
    • Clementine replied:

its not about being conservative or not…she’s a public figure afterall. Private life, yeah it is, but if she really did have sex in the public toilet, that’s already illegal isnt it? The fact that she chose to avoid and irresponsibly run away from the incident leaving her company having to chase after her for answers,well isnt that quite unacceptable?

Had she immediately handled the situation by explaining to her company so that the company PERHAPS may help her clear some misunderstanding, then the outcome may not have been so bad.

But then again, I dont see how her career would have been redeemed since her image has already been tarnished from the incident..i

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • C9 replied:

Tarnished career for having bathroom sex? Who hasn’t done that’s before?

Login or Register before you can reply to C9
  5. Daisy says:

Her last comment about losing her career & not wanting to waste money… Is soo sad… Poor girl 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    • DramaAddict replied:

Sad that she has to plead like that. Time to move on.

Login or Register before you can reply to DramaAddict
    • Yeah that’s true.. Her pleas about not wanting to waste money is really sad.. Almost like begging the paps..

Login or Register before you can reply to [email protected]
  6. Vel says:

I genuinely feel sorry for her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vel
  7. sigh ! hopefully she will grow wiser !

Login or Register before you can reply to [email protected]
  8. azndoraemon says:

I like her statement. I wish her luck, she has Nothing to loose leaving TVb.

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
  9. lol says:

Papparazzi caused her to lose her rice bowl. Sad case that tvb won’t give her a second chance cos she’s easily dispensible.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  10. Larry 3 says:

Well, she probably got offended when TVB demote her to cleaning lady roles.

She will go to Cat III movies then.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Mt replied:

I’m sure that will you happy.
      This is soooo HK: Conservative on the surface, perverted on the inside, and ready to self-righteously pound on others in a heartbeat when they dare show they’re human. Pathetic really.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mt
  11. megamiaow says:

I do feel sorry for her, but she reaped her own fate. She is on a job that relies on public views so there wasn’t really any other way it would have ended. This is hk, not Hollywood where jailbirds and girlfriend beaters get second chances.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
    • DramaAddict replied:

So true, what you said about Hollywood where jailbirds and girlfriend beaters get second chances. Just read somewhere that a guy with a hot mug shot got signed by an agent just like that. LOL. Hollywood and Hong Kong standards so very different

Login or Register before you can reply to DramaAddict
      • Funn Lim replied:

Robert Downey Jr’s career would have been 10 times over if in TVB. BUT different standards for man and woman. Imagine if Coffee is a guy. He will escape this. I mean look at Him Law. Still here. If Him Law was a woman beating perhaps her lover, ahhhhhh career over. I feel TVB is hypocrite. She should have been defended and allowed to make a statement with the backing of the company. Instead the company regurgitated her and cast her aside like some pariah because she is not famous. Yes she did something wrong but not enough to be fired because I never knew TVB was a paragon of moral virtue. Ok more virtous than ATV. ATV stable of Miss ATVs were as controversial but TVB never outright do this.

• lol replied:

I don’t think it’s TVB’s different standards for man and woman. Rather it’s different standards based on level of fame. Not famous means easily dispensible, no need to give second chance or chance to explain, out you go. Famous means black will be painted as white and everything conveniently forgotten eventually. You probably know who are the people I’m referring to. Some even have more than one scandal, but they’re still around.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Mt replied:

Tavia Yeung got away with her bjob-in-the-car scandal, so I guess some actresses do get away with ‘immoral’ public behaviour.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mt
      • kiwi replied:

“So let’s guess how Shirley could have parted way with TVB. TVB treated her well? My foot. She was pushed out because not famous, no use.”

Agreed! If she has the talent, she will make it where ever she goes. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
  12. Syl says:

I do have to admit that before the restroom-incident, I had no idea who she is. And then it’s kinda sad to hear that she has been with TVB for 6 years.

I do understand that TVB has fired her over this incident, since TVB is pretty conservative and is virginizing all artists, male and female.

But what I never understood about this whole thing is the paparazzi all showed up at that public restroom. Is she really that interesting or famous to be followed into a restroom? Or does the paparazzi had nothing else to do?

Login or Register before you can reply to Syl
    • Lily replied:

What is it so difficult to understand?

The problem is that Coffee and her so-called boyfriend went inside a bathroom TOGETHER. If they simply had their dinner and went home, the paparazzi will report it as if they’re possibly dating. However, they made a dumb move and decided to have a “gathering” in a PUBLIC restroom. If you watched the video, you will see that the paparazzi has been following them since they were eating dinner in a restaurant. They probably didn’t expect something like this to happen either.

You have to understand that these paparazzi are working too. That is their job. It’s a horrible job, but they need some spontaneous gossips in order to have some money. When you see some ke le fe or anybody having a quickie in a public area, they are bound to gather in the bathroom and report it to the rest of the world.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
      • Trini replied:

@Lily

I agree with most of what you said. However, I cannot agree with the part about the paps working too. to follow others to the bathrooms for pictures and a story is beyond disgusting, no matter what that person/s was doing in there.

Login or Register before you can reply to Trini
      • Syl replied:

First thing when I read your comment on mine was: You got be be kidding me: there is a video about this?!?
        But then I took a closer look at the first article about this and there was a link.
        Okay, they obvious had sex in the restroom.

But then again: Is it me or does she look different in the video comparing to her selfies?
        I do find it strange that paparazzi has spotted a ‘kelefe’ as her in a busy mall and took the effort to follow her into the restroom. It’s a big restroom where they could have both went to a separate booth.
        And then it would be really gutter journalism: following a kalefe to the restroom…

Login or Register before you can reply to Syl
  13. soo says:

Living in Hong Kong really tough with over populated and expensive lifestyle…I guess Coffee is not the only girl behaving outrageously in this HK city.

Login or Register before you can reply to soo
  14. Jane says:

Wong Jing has openings or she can do pictorials like the lang mos

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
  15. nono says:

wish her good luck for her future.

Everyone blaming on her, how about the guy… no one talk about that guy or this guy not defend on her perhap…

Login or Register before you can reply to nono
    • doublestd replied:

Maybe cos he’s rich, they don’t dare touch him?

Login or Register before you can reply to doublestd
    • Larry 3 replied:

The guy is not in the showbiz. Coffee is.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  16. nomad 822 says:

People and media should just stop hounding her.

It’s easy to slip into a major mood slump since everything changed around her so suddenly.

The girl has enough on her plate to deal with. I’d betcha the guy will dump her too, or is distancing himself gradually, yet trying not to look like a cowardly jerk.

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
    • katyiu replied:

“It’s NOT like other people have not made such foolish mistakes … it’s just other people don’t know about because they’re not celebs and thus are not penalised so heavily.”

Yeah, but that’s what being a celeb is about and it certainly comes with its costs. Coffee should’ve known better than to have done something like this in a public restroom. Maybe she thought she isn’t well-known enough to be followed by reporters?

Login or Register before you can reply to katyiu
    • moncheri replied:

I agree. From the clip, she even stated she didn’t want to do it in a public restroom. She had the sense to say that, but it’s due to the guy’s insistence which is why she allowed it to happen. I mean, when people are in the moment, they get lapses in judgment. And even Coffee knows she’s just a kelefeh so she really didn’t think reporters would follow her.

Even though she’s not popular and she mostly stars as a bimbo in dramas/movies, she doesn’t deserve this relentless hounding. She’s already lost her job so the least people can do is give her her space and leave her alone. (Though it’s possible that if paps continuously follow her, it’ll create more publicity for her and help her find other jobs?).

Login or Register before you can reply to moncheri
  17. HeTieShou says:

This is sad but I wonder if she thought she would get caught? I never knew who she was before this incident. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise for her because everyone now knows her and leaving TVB may be a start to something new and better. Wish her the best and hope that she learned from this experience.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Woooo replied:

Would you choose to obey a rich boyfriend who wanted the quickie and maybe get a chance to marry him or reject him to maintain her position in tvb who isn’t giving her a lot of opportunities to be successful? Sad how the entertainment industry is turning young girls like coffee. Yet people do whatever to get fame

Login or Register before you can reply to Woooo
  18. Jill says:

So why is Joe Ma still with TVB?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jill
  19. Trini says:

Cofee should have gotten a room for her horny self. That rich disrespectful lover of hers could certainly afford a room, I do not think she deserves to be fired for her stupid mistake. TVB and that vampire Virginia Lok are a bunch of hypocrites. I wonder what Ms. Lok would do if that was Raymond Lam in there instead of Coffee.

Login or Register before you can reply to Trini
    • doublestd replied:

She’ll probably call a press conference and say that he was there just for a gathering and sweep it under the carpet. Nof going to name names here but we know who are the ones who got off lightly for their scandals. Coffee was a nobody, so she gets the boot.

Login or Register before you can reply to doublestd
    • Tvbfan replied:

LMFAO Virginia Lok would have a heart attack and then wake back up to clear up the situation. Maybe they didn’t want to do it in a room cause they done it in a room too many times. Maybe they wanted to do it in public like a public bathroom or a car. But the bathroom was more safe.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbfan
  20. Trini says:

Also. everyone is giving Coffee a hard time but what about the paps. They had no business following her to the bathroom to get a story, regardless of what she was doing in there. That is beyond low, even by their standards. Whoever did this, they need to be called out for their disgusting actions.

Login or Register before you can reply to Trini
    • Syl replied:

Agree with you on this.

Login or Register before you can reply to Syl
    • Larry 3 replied:

Its Sing Tao newspaper groups fault. Try to banned them….. lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Tvbfan replied:

It is the paps fault they even stalk celebs in there own house. Remember when they took naked photos of Bosco in his own house. I felt like Bosco was about to have sex with Moylie that’s why he was naked.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbfan
  21. MW says:

Okay ladies, no “gathering” with cheap Will Lam/林知譽 anywhere, especially “public” restrooms. haha 🙂

Paparazzis’ job is to get a story that is as newsworthy as possible. They did nothing wrong in this case.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • Edge replied:

Wow, you’re not the sharpest are you. That’s like saying it’s a loansharks job to bust someone’s fingers if they haven’t paid their debt. It’s an invasion of privacy or do you consider “public” restrooms a photo op.

Login or Register before you can reply to Edge
      • lemongrass replied:

But it wasn’t the paps who asked her to the gathering. It was her doing, and poorly they chose the wrong place.

Login or Register before you can reply to lemongrass
  22. Hannahh says:

She has learn her lesson well hope her all the best in the future.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  23. Anthony says:

In my opinion, I think she’ll benefit more from being sacked by TVB. It’s not like she will have any more attractive job opportunities left at TVB so may as well try her career elsewhere than wasting another 6 years of cruising or being ‘frozen’. It’s quite sad that even after the scandal hardly anyone noticed she was actually in the currently aired series The Ultimate Addiction.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
    • JCLL replied:

She is?? What role? When?

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
      • katyiu replied:

She was Oscar Leung’s girlfriend I think…it was in one of the beginning episodes.

Login or Register before you can reply to katyiu
  24. hm says:

I still think she looks like liu yifei and liushishi mixed with zhang hans

Login or Register before you can reply to hm
  25. pak says:

I feel pity for her. Her life is devastated it. Hope she will be recover from the incident & start over her new life.

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
  26. Rainbow says:

Most of you feel sorry for Coffee. I, on the other hand, feel that she wants to be fired by TVB. Didn’t she already hint to the media to ask TVB to end her contract as soon as possible and not waste her time (reporters said that to Ms. Lok on her birthday)?

She got her fame that she has never had in TVB (at least some of you knew her after this scandal), and she didn’t bother to contact TVB (to explain, defend, and save her career) immediately after the incident. Have you ever thought that all of this is a set-up? That’s why the whole restroom video from beginning to end was recorded.

Now, some movie directors or rich men may contact her after her immediate fame. Why not since she is sexy hot?

Login or Register before you can reply to Rainbow
  27. KingMa says:

can’t wait for her next scandal 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to KingMa
  28. hahahaha…………..that’s not good COFFEE lam seriously i didn’t know that she had been in TVB for like six years already…………….awwwww whatever………..well it was her decision to do these stupid stuff and now she has been fired by TVB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not good enough COFFEE LAM)

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
  29. well……………is her fault for doing that anyways………..<3

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
  30. bloom says:

Of course tvb dont really have to terminate her. Firstly of course they dont want to have anything to do with this girl anymore. But just imagine if this case is Liza Wang, Eric Tsang just to name a few veterans for example, do you think TVB will try to bail her? It’s more of whether TVB feels you’re useful to them or not…. Too bad, she’s not famous that’s why no harm terminating her than trying to rescue her.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    • sandcherry replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • MW replied:

Coffee Lam is just an example of a young woman who doesn’t use her brains and “just goes along” with what the horny dog says. Hope she didn’t pay for dinner that night either. haha 🙂

“If a horny dog wants it, doesn’t mean she has to give it.”

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
      • kiwi replied:

“Of course Liza Wang and Eric Tsang know better not to have sex in public washrooms! Coffee Lam was too stupid and ignorant to behave like this.”

Yup, Coffe’s an idiot. 😀 🙁 LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
  31. bloom says:

It also to serve a lesson to those not famous artiste to be careful of what they do outside filming I mean how to potray themselves, more of their self image as they represent the company.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
  32. beso says:

Sie played a small role in Lan Kwai Fong 1. I remember her.

Login or Register before you can reply to beso
  33. JJ says:

meh, although i do feel sorry for her, she deserves it…for having sex in a handicapped PUBLIC washroom!!!!!!!!
    well cat III industry is waiting for her 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to JJ
  34. E says:

I find it interesting on how everyone is onto her, but the so call “Heir” isn’t getting any ridicule at all. How come it’s always the girl that get slam hm… When Him Law and Tavia got picture caught then Tavia got a bunch of hit and slap and then this happen and this Coffee girl also got the same treatment hm…

Login or Register before you can reply to E
  35. aptos says:

Sorry to see Coffee leave TVB despite her poor judgement…TVB is a hypocrite in firing her. TVB has been casted her many times as a “loose” bar girlie type in many series yet when she lived up to her image in real life, they were not lenient enough to give her another chance to redeem herself.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
  36. Lps says:

She needs to get rid of that stupid Coffee name. How immature and cheap. Who’s going to take this person seriously.

Is it me or is she a bit cross eyed. It occurs in every photo.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lps
    • kat replied:

totally agree with the name part. she needs an image makeover. Part 1 = change the god dang name.

Login or Register before you can reply to kat
    • Ross replied:

Gosh! Where have u been? I’ve noted that too for ages. Her immaturity & crossed eyed feature may well just explained why TVB always gave her small roles to play.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ross
    • kiwi replied:

Agreed! 😀 🙁 LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
    • lollol replied:

She can be coffee but at least be the expensive kopi luwak type and not the type you get off from vending machines lol!

Login or Register before you can reply to lollol
      • kiwi replied:

LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
    • msxie replied:

Angelababy’s career wasn’t deterred by her stupid name.
      Nor the dozens of other celebs with dumb names

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
  37. lol says:

Sooner or later they will forget how she looks like cause she a kelefe I wouldn’t feel sorry for she caused drama for herself so therefore why need to feel pity for her

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  38. Rnb says:

Hope she now learn that rich guys like Will Lam are just using her for sex. He was a coward for taking off and letting her face the storm herself. Guys that want a quickie in a disgusting public washroom are not in it for love. They will never stick around. Hope she finds a better man to live out her life.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rnb
  39. msxie says:

She could get career counseling from Edison Chen.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
  40. Yummysukiyaki says:

Get married to that man..

Login or Register before you can reply to Yummysukiyaki
    • pak replied:

Not unless she become the beauty queen

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
  41. pak says:

After her departure from TVB. Coffee Lam should compete the Beauty Pageant to becoming Miss Asia on ATV. If she win the title, her life will change forever & hope she will be discovered.

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
    • Hippo replied:

Or win the lottery and retire. What a nonsense.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hippo
      • pak replied:

You’re nonsense!

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
    • Hippo replied:

No maybe she should apply at NASA to become an astronaut. If she get the job, her life will change forever and go to the moon.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hippo
      • pak replied:

If she is retired for the entertainment industry. She’ll live normal life. She’ll go back to school & get a job. But she need to get scholarship to go 4 years of University. That why presume her to compete the Pageant.

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
  42. stmlw20 says:

I personally do feel sorry for her. Yes she is a kelefei. If it was someone higher up lets say Kate Tsui would she get fired??? probably no and just be given a warning!! In TVB I reckon status matters alot. Ron Ng had his sexual encounters and he’s still filming for tvb.

Login or Register before you can reply to stmlw20
  43. sxc says:

Poor girl. Does anyone know how I can contact her? I would like to have a gathering with her and see if she’s interested in staring for some amateur videos I’m currently filming.

Login or Register before you can reply to sxc