Miss Chinese International Pageant to Be Held on January 25

By on January 22, 2015 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

The annual Miss Chinese International Pageant will be held this year on January 25, 2015, with a total of 18 contestants competing for the crown. Yesterday, the contestants visited a temple in Yuen Long to seek divination for guidance in the upcoming pageant.

Contestants’ Cosplay Photos Leaked

Contestant #6, Veronica Shiu (邵珮詩), who will be representing Hong Kong in the upcoming pageant, was advised by the priest that although she has the opportunity to win the competition, she should pay close attention when wearing high heels. In response to the reading, Veronica seemed undaunted. “The most important thing is to be your best self.” She further added that she regularly engages in exercise. “I’m not clumsy. I can run even with heels on!”

The recently leaked cosplay photos of contestant #4, Jennifer Zhang (張羽琪), and contestant #11, Catherine Hui (惠櫸喬), generated heated discussion among netizens. When teased that she has been upstaged by Jennifer and Catherine, Veronica calmly replied, “There’s no need to generate news for myself. I believe that the audience will appreciate my performance!”

Representing Toronto, contestant #16, Valerie Fong (方詩揚), was plagued with rumors that she had gone under the knife for plastic surgery. She debunked the rumors and indicated that it was merely the magic of makeup. She further added, “I have also been dieting these past two years and have gotten much thinner!”

Destined to Win?

On the other hand, contestant #3, Isabella Ng (吳紫薇), contestant #5, Holly (何麗), contestant #8, Katrina Lee (李玉薇), contestant #11, Catherine Hui, and contestant #17, Erica Chen (陳怡靜), all received positive divination. It was further predicted that Katrina, Catherine, and Erica will place in the top three. Of the three, Katrina was predicted to have the best outcome. She responded, “I’ll just try my best. If I say I want this and don’t get it, it will be painful!”

Although Valerie also obtained an optimistic reading, the priest advised that she should continue working hard. Asserting that she is not superstitious, Valerie expressed that she will continue to work hard, “I think that every time I go up on stage, I could work on improving my confidence.”

Miss Chinese International 2015 a  Miss Chinese International 2015 01  Miss Chinese International 2015 02

Miss Chinese International 2015 03  Miss Chinese International 2015 04  Miss Chinese International 2015 05

Miss Chinese International 2015 06  Miss Chinese International 2015 07  Miss Chinese International 2015 08

Miss Chinese International 2015 09  Miss Chinese International 2015 10  Miss Chinese International 2015 11

Miss Chinese International 2015 12  Miss Chinese International 2015 13  Miss Chinese International 2015 14

Miss Chinese International 2015 15  Miss Chinese International 2015 16  Miss Chinese International 2015 17

Miss Chinese International 2015 18

Sources: On.cc; On.cc; On.cc

This article is written by Huynh for JayneStars.com.

47 comments to Miss Chinese International Pageant to Be Held on January 25

1. Momo says:

NUMBER 3, 7 and 13 are my favorites. But 13 might need to redo her eyebrows.

Login or Register before you can reply to Momo
    • cistom replied:

yep…#3 stands out…

Login or Register before you can reply to cistom
  2. Anon says:

That’s some ugly jackets for a supposedly International Pageant. Looks more like a Mainland pageant to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • pt replied:

Nothing wrong with the jackets. Fugly self-haters like you would find faults in anything.

Login or Register before you can reply to pt
      • Anon replied:

Did I hurt your feelings? Lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • cistom replied:

the jackets look good to me…surprisely…

Login or Register before you can reply to cistom
    • pt replied:

Yes you did chigga. You know I’m the sensitive type. Anyway, it’s not an international pageant. It’s a Chinese international pageant. Guess where all the contestants trace their ancestral home to?

Login or Register before you can reply to pt
    • Peter replied:

I do agree, those are ugly jackets. Actually, they were used in 2007 and reused now!! Cheap tvb.

Jacket is lucky for Sydney because Sydney won in 2007 and now won again. Ridiculous!

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  3. ummm….3,9,6!! is my favourite!!! that’s all!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Fredchengfans!
  4. woooo says:

Numbers 3 and 7 look nice. Numbr 3 has that look that reminds me of the 80s tvb actresses. She would be great in film. One thing i like about the miss hong kong is her eyes, she has bright eyes compared to others

Login or Register before you can reply to woooo
    • Lol replied:

#3 does have a very ’80s beauty! She’ll look great onscreen. There are quite a few pretty girls this year so looking forward to the competition.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
    • Peter replied:

Yes, classic beauty! I heard many fans are already following her on Instagram. Such a pity that TvB let her go! Just because she won’t be on their female artiste to promote lost!

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  5. Lee says:

Number 3 from thailand. No matter how beautiful she cant win cuz she cant speak chinese

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
    • Clementine replied:

How would you know she can’t speak Chinese ? I have a friend who is from Thailand and she speaks perfect Cantonese lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
    • ??? replied:

she doesn’t need to speak cantonese. just look pretty and bonus if she has acting skills 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to ???
    • cistom replied:

Really? how is she allowed to participate or she is part chinese?

Login or Register before you can reply to cistom
    • Peter replied:

Hmm, no! FYI – 2006’s Bangkok rep. took 1st RU. OR 1994’s rep. won that year. Actually, Bangkok has won a number of crowns at MCI.

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  6. chan says:

only number 17 looks hot the others not.

Login or Register before you can reply to chan
    • Clementine replied:

I agree, in the photo number 17s appearance stands out to me

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
  7. iiivvvyyy says:

ms new york is nice #11

Login or Register before you can reply to iiivvvyyy
    • Peter replied:

More than nice, she looks HOT!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  8. yin says:

hk is one of the worst this year, she shouldnt even place top 5 on just looks

Login or Register before you can reply to yin
    • Peter replied:

I know right? And she even took 2nd. Ridiculous!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  9. pt says:

3, 11, 16 = hottest

Login or Register before you can reply to pt
  10. melody says:

I noticed how some contestants are wearing circle lens. I don’t think they should allow contestants to wear them in beauty pageants, doesn’t look natural.

Login or Register before you can reply to melody
  11. Dbgdgj says:

Which is malaysia’s rep?

Login or Register before you can reply to Dbgdgj
  12. Eva2329 says:

Pictures are very different from reality

Login or Register before you can reply to Eva2329
  13. Huynh says:

#3 is definitely a beauty. But I also think #13 really stands out. She reminds me slightly of a young Gong Li!

Login or Register before you can reply to Huynh
    • Peter replied:

13 looks like Fan Bing Bing too!

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  14. cistom says:

Is #15 even chinese? in the group photo she’s in the back row and looks filipino or indonesian…

Login or Register before you can reply to cistom
    • pt replied:

There are Chinese who have been in Indonesia and the Philippines for several hundred years/multiple generations.

Login or Register before you can reply to pt
    • LV replied:

She IS Chinese. I know this because she’s my high school friend.

Login or Register before you can reply to LV
      • melody replied:

she said she is Malay-Chinese in the pageant. But she is rather dark for a Chinese maybe she spends too much time in the sun.

Login or Register before you can reply to melody
      • Funn Lim replied:

Malay chinese or malaysian chinese or mixed race?

• Andy replied:

@melody:
        In other words, #15 is not ethnic Chinese. There is no “Malay-Chinese” unless she is mixed, which makes her Peranakan. Neither Chinese nor Malay. Her features are not typically SE Asian Chinese or Chinese for that matter. I would say she is most likely Malay.

Login or Register before you can reply to Andy
      • Peter replied:

She is Malay. I’m surprised she didn’t go for Miss Astro. I guess it’s because TVB supports TVB Australia more and can rig the result more easily.

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
    • Peter replied:

So agree with you!

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  15. Melody says:

There’s something about #13 that really stands out to me. She’s got that ‘look’ that would be perfect for Hollywood.

Login or Register before you can reply to Melody
    • Peter replied:

I know right? Big eyes and bright smile. No top 10 is the WT H of the night. So much WT H that night.

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter
  16. anne says:

they need feminism. they are being oppressed.

Login or Register before you can reply to anne
  17. Shan says:

#3 and 15 are uniquely beautiful, everyone else looks like they’re from the same template.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shan
  18. Rey says:

No 15 from malaysia?

Login or Register before you can reply to Rey
    • Hilary replied:

Hope, she is from Toronto

Login or Register before you can reply to Hilary
      • Hilary replied:

Sorry, wrong person, but she is from Sydney (Australia)and somehow she won the title

Login or Register before you can reply to Hilary
    • Anonymous replied:

Sydney.
      She won though. Gorgeous smile and great performance!

Login or Register before you can reply to Anonymous
    • May catz replied:

#7 is Malaysian

Login or Register before you can reply to May catz
    • Peter replied:

I know, I hate her skin color too because she looks so unfitting…..

Login or Register before you can reply to Peter