Ruco Chan Apologizes for Phoebe Sin’s Mistake

By on July 8, 2020 in Hong Kong, Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Ruco Chan Apologizes for Phoebe Sin’s Mistake

The Hong Kong entertainment industry has been filled with many happy announcements of pregnancies and births recently. At Grace Chan’s (陳凱琳) baby shower last week, Ruco Chan‘s (陳展鵬) wife Phoebe Sin (單文柔) received some backlash from fans for revealing Grace’s baby gender on social media before the host herself. As it was Grace’s special moment, netizens felt the news should have been announced by Grace instead.

Although Phoebe has already apologized on Instagram that in her excitement she made the post too quickly, Ruco was also asked to comment on the incident. Standing up for his wife, Ruco said, “She was a little upset yesterday, but she had already notified Grace beforehand and gotten her permission before posting. Grace was also the one who gave her the proper hashtags to use. After Grace got calls from the media, she called my wife immediately to communicate so their friendship is not affected at all.”

As both Phoebe and Grace had babies the same year and are now working as social influencers, they became quite close. Understanding the unspoken rules of social media where you need someone’s approval first before posting a photo of someone, Ruco believes that this is just a small issue between Phoebe and Grace. He declared, “I told my wife that if she did something wrong, then she must admit to it. If it is a misunderstanding, then she must explain herself. If anything goes wrong, I will take care of it. She is my wife, so it is my responsibility to teach her.”

Currently filming Super Emissary <超能使者>, Ruco is surrounded by fathers on the set. After co-star Joel Chan (陳山聰) welcomed a baby boy, Ruco exclaimed that he has prepared a large red pocket for the baby and hopes that he will grow up healthy. He joked that he should form a daddy group because all male actors on the set are already fathers, with the exception of Sammy Sum (沈震軒). Due to the pandemic, Ruco he does not plan on sending his daughter to a playgroup but is preparing for her entrance into the school system.

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Kiki for JayneStars.com.

It’s Going to Be Another Boy for Grace Chan!

• It's Going to Be Another Boy for Grace Chan!(15)
  • Ruco Chan Pauses Baby Plans While Phoebe Sin Becomes a KOL(5)
  • Ruco Chan Takes Wife to Thailand for Filming(4)
  • Phoebe Sin is Ruco Chan’s Stylist(0)
  • Ruco Chan Does Not Mind Loss of Income(0)
  • Grace Chan and Phoebe Sin Go On a Play Date(2)
  • Ruco Chan’s Costars Report to His Wife(0)
  • Phoebe Sin Celebrates Daughter’s Six-Month Birthday(7)
  • Ruco Chan Needs to Train Harder for “Extraordinarily Mysterious Case”(0)
  • Phoebe Sin Shares About Family Plans(2)

• 19 comments to Ruco Chan Apologizes for Phoebe Sin’s Mistake

1. coralie says:

Something I find a little disturbing is how all these older men in may-december relationships always sound a little…patronizing when they discuss their wives.

Like Kevin Cheng recently mentioned Grace Chan is “old enough to make decisions of her own.” And now Ruco says, “it is my responsibility to teach her.”

Is it just me?

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
      • boomer replied:

@coralie Yup I noticed that too. Could be pretty much why they chose to marry women much younger than them; wanted to ‘guide’ their wives and wanted their wives to look up to them.

Login or Register before you can reply to boomer
        • bubbles23 replied:

@boomer I think Ruco does this a lot. He’s always like oh I have to teach her this or that. It just sounds like he doesn’t see her as an equal. It seems like most tvb couples have a huge age gap between the older guy. Kevin, Ruco, Ben, Kenneth.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles23
      • potatochip replied:

@coralie I agree. On one hand, he does say he respects her decision to work but then this teaching thing is patronizing. These women aren’t children.

Login or Register before you can reply to potatochip
      • myxx replied:

@coralie Nope, not just you! I came here to say the same thing re “She is my wife, so it is my responsibility to teach her.” What era are we living in?? If he replaced “wife” with “daughter” then that’s totally fine! I think this Ruco guy is way more patronizing than Kevin.

Login or Register before you can reply to myxx
      • jcc10 replied:

@coralie I agree with you.. what is there even to teach?

Login or Register before you can reply to jcc10
      • tapiocacat replied:

@coralie Are they old fashion or what? meh-

Login or Register before you can reply to tapiocacat
      • pompidur replied:

@coralie They gotta learn from Moses on how to talk about the wife in public lol Kevin and Ruco sounds like they are living in the 1940s.

Login or Register before you can reply to pompidur
      • melia880 replied:

@coralie I heard the alarm bells go off in my head when I read that part and was glad to come to the comments to see everyone also found it disturbing!

Login or Register before you can reply to melia880
    2. Protective vs patronizing
      “I trust him/her” vs “I’ll teach him/her”
      “Everyone makes mistakes” vs “She’s/he’s inexperienced”
      “She/he will learn or do better next time” vs “I’ll teach him/her”

Login or Register before you can reply to jesspepperwang
      • hetieshou replied:

@jesspepperwang
        I agree but Phoebe did not do something very bad. She just made a mistake and has apologized.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
    3. minhee says:

Wha-what? “It is my responsibility to teach her?” That does not sound right AT ALL. If my SO said that about me, I would not tolerate that type of patronage, period.

Login or Register before you can reply to minhee
    4. meilin says:

so what if she posted first, big deal. If grace did not post until next week, then many people would have posted before her.

Login or Register before you can reply to meilin
      • jcc10 replied:

@meilin I agree, Grace has clarified it was okay and it was a happy thing, no need to worry. Unless it’s a engagement or pregnancy announcement then it would be horrible for a friend to announce first. But gender reveals mean close to nothing; I believe Grace revealed it a day later too, no biggie.

Login or Register before you can reply to jcc10
        • hetieshou replied:

@jcc10
          I agree and I did not see what the big deal is.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
        • meilin replied:

@jcc10 I just went to see her post, she didn’t even reveal gender. If the media is talking about her IG stories then… aren’t those “instant” on Instagram anyways? who has time to record and then repost on IG stories…-.-

Login or Register before you can reply to meilin
    5. gnomageddon says:

@coralie I felt that way too immediately after reading the article. Very patronizing. I don’t feel that way so much with Kevin Cheng but definitely with Ruco. I feel like Ruco is very alpha-male, in Chinese, 大男人。It’s a very traditional and old fashioned mindset. Like she is my woman. Therefore I have to teach her how to behave. Very old school. While I like a man that takes charge but we are in a modern era. Be a man that protect your wife and family, yes, but also respect her as an individual and as your equal.

Login or Register before you can reply to gnomageddon
      • kidd replied:

@gnomageddon

I didn’t follow all Kevin and Grace’s news. But, from the little I read, I also don’t feel Kevin is patronizing towards Grace.
        I remember reading one news where Grace came out to public 2 weeks after giving birth. Reporter asked Kevin about it, and Kevin replied that he did give Grace’s advice, but, he respects her decision. Confinement is a huge thing. It affects the future health of the mother. But, he still respected her decision to come out because it’s her body.
        So, I don’t think Kevin is 大男人. But, Ruco is. Not only by speech, he even did it in front of camera. In one episode of Beautiful Cooking 3, Ruco was one of the guests there to taste the food and Phoebe was one of the many cooking apprentices. Phoebe was cooking her dish and Ruco kept on giving her instructions. Eh, even the celebrity chef there didn’t do that.

Login or Register before you can reply to kidd
    6. exodus says:

Yet these ladies are social media influencers….yeesh…

Login or Register before you can reply to exodus