[EXCLUSIVE] Sammy Sum’s “Waiting Every Day” Remix by POMATIC

By on February 21, 2014 in Hot Gossip!, MUSIC

Raised in Canada, Sammy Sum (沈震軒) returned to his native birthplace in Hong Kong to chase his dreams in music and performance arts over the last six years. Already a familiar face in Hong Kong television dramas and films, Sammy’s big music break came after he signed with Sun Entertainment Music in 2013. With a successful debut, Sammy is ready to explore new music styles and release a full-length album this year.

Sammy is a workaholic by any standards. The heavily promoted TVB artist became a new favorite with film director Wong Jing (王晶), who cast Sammy in Young and Dangerous: Reloaded <古惑仔:江湖新秩序> and From Vegas to Macau <賭城風雲>. When Sammy is not busy filming, he is in the recording studio and looks forward to new challenges. “As a performing artist, I wholeheartedly give viewers and [music fans] my best work.”

The 30-year-old is thrilled to be working with one of the industry’s top talent managers, Paco Wong (黃柏高), who sees promise in Sammy’s long-term music career. Although Paco already noticed Sammy hosting a children’s show on television many years ago, they did not have a chance to collaborate until last year.

Last October, Sammy released the successful hit, “Waiting Every Day” <一天一天等下去>, a cover of Nicky Wu’s (吳奇隆) classic 1990s ballad. The song was a favorite with Sammy and Paco, and both wanted to update it with a modern sound. “Waiting Every Day” became a radio hit and helped Sammy win recognition at year-end music awards shows.

Eager to add a new vibe to Sammy’s music, Sun Entertainment reached out to Asian American Producer/Remixer, POMATIC, who has remixed and mashed up top artists such as Akon, Lady Gaga, Eminem, 50 Cent, and Linkin Park. POMATIC created the invigorating remix for Sammy’s “Waiting Every Day” two weeks ago, and JayneStars received an exclusive preview copy to feature it on our website.

Sammy Sum’s “一天一天等下去” (Waiting Every Day) Remix by POMATIC

This article is written by Jayne for JayneStars.com.

23 comments to [EXCLUSIVE] Sammy Sum’s “Waiting Every Day” Remix by POMATIC

1. jayne says:

If you’re a Sammy Sum fan, share your feedback on the new POMATIC remix of “一天一天等下去” (Waiting Every Day)!

JayneStars was forwarded an exclusive preview copy of this promotional remix! Let us know what you think of the song!

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
  2. lol says:

this guy heavily promoted by tvb yeah cos tvb cant affort to lose him tvb though about this artist he is gonna make it big and is an assets to tvb…. but he make a big break into movies before tvb started noticing him purely sammy is a good artist

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  3. j00ky says:

There seems to be too much going on in the music for my liking.. however I do like Sammy’s voice.. it kind of reminds me of Louis Koo’s hehe

Side note, I prefer Sammy with facial hair.. clean cut doesn’t do it for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to j00ky
  4. LiveLife says:

Loving this remix! This combo works for me. Where can I download?

Login or Register before you can reply to LiveLife
    • jayne replied:

LiveLife,
      You can add the Sammy Sum remix track to your YouTube playlist along with your other favorite YouTube music tracks for repetitive play.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • yeo replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to yeo
  5. 88kitty88 says:

I never really liked Sammy, but he’s starting to grow on me with his acting and music. I really like this song. It’s different from all the vanilla HK songs on the charts now.

Login or Register before you can reply to 88kitty88

Whilst it would be great to hear new composition but I suppose this song is a classic? The remix is well done actually. In fact I like it very much except I feel the music is too loud and drown out Sammy’s very emotion filled singing. It is for that reason I feel I could have liked it more, after all the singer should take priority and not the beats and sounds. Or maybe this is a lesser copy.

I however like Sammy more as an actor and wish he concentrates on acting first. However I wouldn’t mind TVB theme songs usually sung to “epic” proportions should be sung by him.

• jasmine7 replied:

Yes, Funn. Perhaps they thought it would give a 80s feel (also piano and a little organ/synthesizer) but those drums are most annoying. Sammy should just deliver the song as it was. And good to know they mentioned that it was Nicky Wu’s hit.

Was he not in tvb’s A Fistful of Stance ??

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine7
      • Funn Lim replied:

Drums as in the starting bit? I like the starting bits. I think it is a good update for an old song BUT again he should sound louder than the music.

7. rain says:

Sammy is super cute! I dont really like the music but I do like his voice. It is soft and easy on the ears to listen too. I hope get gets to sing a few TVB theme songs.

Login or Register before you can reply to rain
  8. kiwi says:

His acting is pretty good but don’t know about the singing. One thing at a time but if he can do both good for him. In the future I hope he doesn’t take part in doing plastic surgery because he is pretty good looking already.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
  9. Natalie says:

I think that Sammy has a nice, smooth voice. The song is good, but the background music is kinda overshadowing the vocals.

Login or Register before you can reply to Natalie
  10. m says:

wohoooooo SAMMY!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to m
  11. Hannahh says:

i like him as a actor more

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  12. Joy says:

Adding to my playlist =)

Login or Register before you can reply to Joy
  13. Janis says:

Very cool remix … Love it! The original is a bit
    Boring … Great job!

Login or Register before you can reply to Janis
  14. Ahchee says:

I like this remix. I could do without the wob wob wob sound, but overall, it was very good.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ahchee
  15. g says:

Tvb is full of ****. They didn’t promote him until he became popular in that movie? (the fighting movie). He was nominated as one of the film new comer!!

Login or Register before you can reply to g
  16. MastaMike says:

8/10

Login or Register before you can reply to MastaMike
  17. megamiaow says:

OMG! The song has been murdered with all the bass and the repetitive echoing. Even though Nicky Wu’s accent was way off, at least the actual song was pleasant and melodic. Songs shouldnt be covered if you cant make it better >:(

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
  18. yeo says:

Sounds great! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to yeo
  19. jc girl says:

i think this is pretty good remix – and he is also easy on the eyes =)

Login or Register before you can reply to jc girl