Andy Lau Ends Concert Tour Short Due to Throat Infection

By on December 28, 2018 in NEWS

Andy Lau Ends Concert Tour Short Due to Throat Infection

While Andy Lau (劉德華) originally scheduled to perform a series of 20 concert sessions in the Hong Kong Coliseum, the 57-year-old star was unable to continue his performance and ended his concert tour short.

During his concert on December 28, Andy told the audience that the doctor originally advised him not to sing but Andy did not listen. His voice had grown raspy. With tears in his eyes, Andy said, “I don’t want everyone to listen to my voice like this for the whole concert, but I can’t help it. I will sing one last song, ‘If One Day’ <如果有一天>, and end my concert. I will do my best to sing and I hope we can sing together. I want to apologize and thank everyone; you have to give applause to yourself!”

After Andy sang the last verse, Andy gave a deep bow to the crowd and in return, the entire audience gave Andy applause. The organizers will will refund the tickets to cancelled sessions as soon as possible. Although fans are disappointed, they want to see Andy healthy and hope that he recovers well.

Source: HK01

This article is written by Sammi for JayneStars.com.

8 comments to Andy Lau Ends Concert Tour Short Due to Throat Infection

1. piggybjorn says:

Get well soon Andy. You can arrange another concert once you are healthy. Pray for you

Login or Register before you can reply to piggybjorn
    • jimmyszeto replied:

@piggybjorn
      You don’t need to pray for someone with a throat infections!!! Hahahahaha. Save your prays for something more serious pal…..

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
  2. kmuk says:

Not every artist has good strong vocal chords to stand a lengthy concert stint. Too ambitious

Login or Register before you can reply to kmuk
  3. passingby says:

From what I read he only cancelled last nite’s show. Did he cancel the remaining shows as well? Doubt he can recover by tonight.

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
    • deagore replied:

@passingby yea he canceled the rest

Login or Register before you can reply to deagore
      • passingby replied:

@deagore latest update is that he cancelled Sat and Sun’s shows, the rest are still hanging in the balance. Pity those fans who flew in to HK specially for the shows

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
  4. kokomo says:

I think Andy should slow down his work. He’s not getting any younger. A concert tour like that requires a lot of stamina and is definitely tough for Andy especially after his accident. Health is much more important than anything else. Hope he recovers soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to kokomo
  5. jimmyszeto says:

Refunding tickets? Well done to Andy for disappointing fans once again by setting unrealistic targets. What about the devoted fans who paid thousands more than original ticket prices? How can he compensate them?

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto