Grace Chan Says Kevin Cheng is a Mature and Considerate Boyfriend

By on May 4, 2016 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Grace Chan Says Kevin Cheng is a Mature and Considerate Boyfriend

Dating for over a year, 24-year-old Grace Chan (陳凱琳) and 46-year-old Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) are extremely compatible despite their large age gap. Due to Kevin’s maturity, he often gives Grace advice and provides her with a sense of security.

Since winning Miss Hong Kong 2013, Grace was highly promoted by TVB and cast in numerous dramas. Starring in a prominent role in vampire thriller Blue Veins <殭>, Grace was quickly drawn to Kevin and the pair started dating in February last year.

Grace revealed that she initially thought Kevin would be strict with newcomers and would not be pleased by her acting. However, as Grace spent more time with Kevin, she learned that he was extremely patient and often gave valuable acting advice.

Romance Came Naturally

Their mutual attraction grew and romance happened naturally.  Due to the timing of the filming of the drama last year, Grace and Kevin spent New Year, Lunar New Year, and Valentine’s Day together. Filming on location in the Netherlands for Blue Veins allowed Grace and Kevin to be in close contact with each other. Grace shyly disclosed that even their co-star, Anjaylia Chan (陳嘉寶), noticed something was going on between her and Kevin even before their relationship became official.

Grace laughed, “Everything that has happened so far was due to fate! No special planning was involved.”

Communication is Key

Despite their 22-year age gap, Grace and Kevin stated that age is only a number and that they have no problems communicating with each other. “In the past, I didn’t watch sports programs. When he explained [the moves] to me, this sparked my interest. I’m learning how to play tennis now. When we go out together, he accommodates me in every way–he lets me decide what we eat and where to go. He basically never says no!”

Grace explained, “He knows that I’m a private person and doesn’t like to share, but he always manages to coax me into confiding in him so we can analyze it together. He would also tell me about his past – including his time in Taiwan. I don’t want to learn about him from news outlets; I find it more reliable when the information directly comes from him.”

With age comes a greater level of maturity, which was what had initially attracted Grace. Kevin gives her a sense of security, more than what she finds from other men she knows.

Marriage Will Come Naturally

Similar to any couple in a serious relationship, Grace and Kevin have already discussed the topic of marriage. Even if she were to get married, Grace said it would not affect her career.

Grace said, “He said whatever I decide to do in the future, he’ll support me. We have an understanding and think it’s best that everything comes naturally! I think it’s very sweet that he loves children, especially coming from a guy!”

Source: Mingpao

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Grace Chan Says Kevin Cheng is a Mature and Considerate Boyfriend

• Kevin Cheng, Grace Chan Watch Intimate Scenes from "Blue Veins" Together(20)
  • Grace Chan Urges Viewers to Be Patient with “Blue Veins”(46)
  • Introducing TVB’s “Blue Veins”, Premiering April 11(6)
  • Grace Chan Denies Having a Poor Work Attitude(39)
  • Kevin Cheng Was Not Invited Nicky Wu and Cecilia Liu's Wedding(20)
  • TVB Fantasy Drama “Blue Veins” Reveal Character Posters(10)
  • "Two Steps from Heaven", "Blue Veins" and More at HK FILMART(10)
  • Grace Chan Filmed Until She Vomited(4)
  • Kevin Cheng Wants to Date Grace Chan(20)
  • Grace Chan, Kevin Cheng Return from Netherlands Filming Trip(0)

• 72 comments to Grace Chan Says Kevin Cheng is a Mature and Considerate Boyfriend

1. jessehsuan says:

Wow… She just keeps milking her relationship with Kevin…makes me wonder if she’s using the guy to get famous??? I laugh ehen she said “im a private person”.

Login or Register before you can reply to jessehsuan
      • kangaroo replied:

@jessehsuan It sounds contradictary. She probably meant that she doesn’t have a habit of discussing certain things even with the significant other or close pals but was able to share with him – I think that happen in most people, dont you? A person can chat with the public on more general stuff but do not share so easily on others. I see that she is mostly chatty, shares easily, is excited about this romance, still pretty open – this younger generation, some are like that. Do not see any advantage (or milking) that can happen here. Bashing her seems to be a habit with some here.

Login or Register before you can reply to kangaroo
      • janet72 replied:

@jessehsuan what crap is she saying? She is a private person??? She has been yakking about her relationship at every opportunity.

• happybi replied:

@jessehsuan tell me about it! her… I am a private person got me laughing. I guess she just can’t stop herself when she talks about Kevin.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
    2. jayne says:

“Grace and Kevin have already discussed the topic of marriage. Even if she were to get married, Grace said it would not affect her career.”

A sign of what’s to come… Due to Kevin’s age, it’s natural to consider marriage soon. Grace sounds like she is open to the idea. Maybe we won’t have to wait too long!

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • aiya replied:

@jayne So they have to go by his timing?

I guess it is one of the drawback in “uncle-loving”. LOL!!

Login or Register before you can reply to aiya
        • jayne replied:

@aiya #KevinCheng commented in interviews before that he wishes to become a father. Approaching 50 in 4 years, Kevin would naturally think about marriage and the future.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • aiya replied:

@jayne I guess whatever the geezer needs/wants, the geezer gets, regardless what the other side thinks/feel/should. I guess that’s natural because it should be al about the geezer.

This reflects in part of the impbalance problems in these May-December relationship. A recent scientific study in the States has shown there is high correlation rate between the couples’ age gap and their potentials for divorce and one of the factor behind this is this type of imbalance as the power often lies unitlateral with the senior partners.

Login or Register before you can reply to aiya
    3. linvin8 says:

“He knows that I’m a private person and doesn’t like to share -“…. except every privy detail about your relationship with him!

Login or Register before you can reply to linvin8
      • bubbletea replied:

@linvin8 laugh, laugh, laugh, hahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree with your comment 100%. Is this woman for real. She must be a comedienne , and I don’t mean that as a compliment.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • replied:

@bubbletea
          Lol…It is quite funny that she says she’s a private person and talks so much about her relationship to the media..LOL…..lordy, this girl doesn’t know what private means.
          As for the mature part, KC couldn’t act like a kid even if he tries. I mean he’s almost 50 of course he’s much more mature and can give acting advise? He’s much more experienced in every way. I just find it as her first boyfriend/first relationship and you know how giddy you get when you finally have someone to brag about. lol.. I have a boyfriend….sing song u know what I mean? He’s old to me but it might be prince charming to her like Tom Cruise was to Katie Holmes at one point. lol…

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • janet72 replied:

@linvin8 if there is more than a handful who find her irritating, then I guess she is. What’s so private about her?
        If she does get married, I think she will even divulge when her fertile period is.

4. vodka says:

I don’t know about you guys, but I think I am getting very sick of these 2 … there’s news of both of them every 2-3 days lol

This relation is overly exposed by the media which always ends up bad in the end, she so young and fighting for her fame while he old and wants to get married and have kids. Not sure how they will work that out to be honest.

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
      • aiya replied:

@vodka Maybe we need another freedala type of poster to do unto this couple what his/her predecessor did to WCL/Leanne.

Login or Register before you can reply to aiya
        • bubbletea replied:

@aiya We don’t need another troll to go after this couple, it makes no sense at all. Not a good suggestion. The other couple is still married despite the futile attempts at trying to insult the couple. What nonsense is this about undoing the Wongs. They are still married and working together. Your suggestion is in bad taste.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • aiya replied:

@bubbletea I guess my tongue-in-cheek humor did not work for you. Oh well!

Login or Register before you can reply to aiya
        • bubbletea replied:

@aiya Then I apologise, my bad It is just from reading what that person have to say, having another one of them is a travesty of justice, even to bash Grace and Kevin.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • happybi replied:

@aiya really aiya lor!!!!! Hehehehhe lol

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
      • janet72 replied:

@vodka you’re not the only one sick…I am sick of her. Kevin at 46 is naturally mature. Really wonder if she knows what she is getting herself into….22 years difference is a large gap.

5. tiffany says:

Whoa…marriage is coming for them considering Kevin’s age. Maybe Grace will pull another Aimee. Just when Aimee’s career peaked, she chose to build a family.

Anyway, Grace is more known as Kevin’s gf now and her career isn’t peaking yet. Well…just take an extended break and spare all of us.

Login or Register before you can reply to tiffany
      • vodka replied:

@tiffany hahaha I agree, she can go on take a break I seriously won’t miss her on TV lol

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
      • janet72 replied:

@tiffany super agree. Honestly, I don’t think her career will ever peak.

6. aiya says:

Isn’t the “mature” part kind of stating the obvious? LOL!!

I don’t know about you guys, but I have this queasy feeling that TVB is actually the one who is promoting this unusual May-December relationship by orchestrating for her all kinds of photo/interview ops. I guess they are in desperate need for some buzz about their thinning rank of talents..

Login or Register before you can reply to aiya
      • linvin8 replied:

@aiya Their relationship certainly is free publicity for Blue Veins. I have nothing against them but it IS getting a bit much/tiring/annoying. Am hoping once Blue Veins is over all of this can die down. We don’t need 1001 updates on their relationship!

Login or Register before you can reply to linvin8
    7. lyu310 says:

Glad I’m not the only one annoyed by this couple. She’s definitely keeping private by talking about this relationship wayyyyy more to the media than Kevin. *eye roll*

Not that my opinion matters, but this 22 year age gap is no joke. She’s seems very religious – she’s young, her career is just starting. Heck she’s only a year old than me! I never saw Kevin Cheng with someone MY AGE! He looks great for his age, but if they’re really serious about their future there’s a lot to think about – she probably doesn’t want kids for a few more years and he’ll be in his 50s by then.

It’s selfish for people to have kids at 50s, especially first-borns. I just don’t know if this relationship will lead to marriage. Grace dislikes smoking? There’s photos of Kevin smoking in an alley. Okay…

Login or Register before you can reply to lyu310
      • vodka replied:

@lyu310 Her father is loaded with $$$, Kevin won’t give up and will attached to her like bee and honeys 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
        • aiya replied:

@vodka He may even attach himself to her dad too because because they could be like brothers age wise.

Login or Register before you can reply to aiya
        • vodka replied:

@aiya loll

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
        • replied:

@vodka
          Exactly, other than the I love him as a IDOL since I was a kid I don’t why a young, good looking & loaded woman sounds so very lovey dovey. haha lol…. If you ask me, KEVIN hit the jackpot.

Login or Register before you can reply to
        • janet72 replied:

@vodka no wonder he can tolerate her yakking non stop.

8. sherla1019 says:

Lets see how long this relationship will last………Kevin wants there relationship to be as low as possible but Grace mouth just wont shut it Tbh…..I wont miss her if she does choose to build a family !!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sherla1019
      • bubbletea replied:

@sherla1019 Don’t be so fast to think that pushing out babies will quiet down Grace. She just might call the media and show the media their nurseries. She might comment on how often the babies pee and poop, and how often she breastfeeds. Every time her babies do something, the media will be told. She just might tell the media how often a week she and Kevin are working on adding another pair of little feet to the family. Do not count on a family shutting up Ms. Motor Mouth.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • janet72 replied:

@bubbletea now she is yakking about her relationship…guys usually wouldn’t like their girlfriends to yak. Kevin must be rolling his eyes when his girlfriend gets a chance to yak…extremely tolerant. If only she goes back to Canada for good.

• sherla1019 replied:

@bubbletea That is true but with the media you’ll only see her yapping for 5-10mins but if she does tie the knot and start a family then she wont be in new TVB series that offen lor………hahhah praying that day will happen soon =P

One more thing I cant believe she has more screen time then Kay which is so disappointing

Login or Register before you can reply to sherla1019
        • jessehsuan replied:

@sherla1019 pretty disappointing that I haven’t seen a lot of Kay’s appearance since ep. 14. Hopefully, the storyline pick up faster…

Login or Register before you can reply to jessehsuan
    9. jessehsuan says:

Grace looks pretty in pictures, but I found her not attractive on screen.

Login or Register before you can reply to jessehsuan
    10. vodka says:

with her poor acting skills and have not suffered in small roles or coming out from acting class, TVB is pushing her to the frontline to replace Myolie, Charmaine or Tavia etc… yea kind of, can expect lots of hate here =P

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
      • janet72 replied:

@vodka her acting skills are horrid…yet she was given a big role in 张保仔. basically she is cringe factor.
        wonder what kevin sees in her…rich and young? perhaps he has dated enough of girls and now want to settle down with a young chick.

11. okcuuuuur says:

Of course she’s gonna milk this relationship like it’s the prized cow of the farm. How else is she gonna stay relevant? It’s not like she’s talented.

Login or Register before you can reply to okcuuuuur
    12. wenwen says:

she talks too much about her relationship and it make people feel sick for it. don’t understand why Kevin fall in love with this type of girl, she is pretty but I don’t see her attractive at all, way too skinny.

Login or Register before you can reply to wenwen
    13. funnlim says:

Simple. She was asked a question and instead of hmmm errr ahhhh ehhhh she just answered the question. Just that she was mostly asked about Kevin. Also it could be one interview but reported 10000 times in different articles. She has said different things each time but all lead to what a wonderful boyfriend Kevin is. Now if they break up tomorrow you can say she is a hypocrite. But I find nothing wrong with her talking about her private life if she wants to and I will gladly hear them since she volunteers them. because next time when she is smarter and she tries to keep mum, she can be accused of being contradictory but not now. She is happy and Kevin also talks about her and this is how an open happy couple should be. Until and unless they star in their own reality show…

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
      • jayne replied:

@funnlim
        “She is happy and Kevin also talks about her and this is how an open happy couple should be. ”

It is refreshing to hear Grace respond so candidly in most of her interviews. I always love hearing about Kevin from Grace. None of his ex-girlfriends spoke about Kevin in such depth, so it really gives a better picture of what kind of boyfriend Kevin is.

Among his relationships, Kevin seems the happiest with Grace. Maybe it’s the right timing. His career is established and he’s at the age where he is dating with marriage in mind, so he seems to know what he wants in this relationship.

This interview gives me the sense that Grace is very satisfied with Kevin and even considering settling down with him soon. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to get married within this year or next.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • prettyjen replied:

@jayne I also think she’s very satisfied with Kevin. I think she’s waiting for him to propose and I will guess he will do it the end of this year. I have a feeling they will get married next year

Login or Register before you can reply to prettyjen
      • prettyjen replied:

@funnlim Exactly!!! Couldn’t agree more! Being in love is not a crime. There’s nothing wrong if she wants to tell the whole world how happy they are

Login or Register before you can reply to prettyjen
    14. melody says:

6 years ago when Grace was 18, Kevin just turned 40. Quite the age gap imo.

I still don’t believe her that she’s full chinese. Her and twin brother don’t look very chinese in their high school photos tbh.

I guess that’s what she means when she said she’s a “private person and doesn’t like to share…”

Login or Register before you can reply to melody
      • jessehsuan replied:

@melody Wow. Grace is younger than me! That is a huge age gap! That is like a little me having a crush on Leon Lai in the series The Breaking Point…sorry, im just imagining a girl around my age dating a guy like Leon Lai’s age is just a bit off. Hope age is just a number for them. I like when celebrities shares tibits of their relationships, but Grace is doing too much that it’s getting annoying. She has no identity except being Kevin’s gf. Yes, the reporter kept asking her about Kevin, but she allows and wants them to. How come she doesn’t says “doesn’t want to talk about private matter” when asks about other things, but said that when ask if Kevin respects her abstinence from sex before marriage. Good luck to her relationship or it will haunt and follow her forever.

Login or Register before you can reply to jessehsuan
        • janet72 replied:

@jessehsuan yes…little tidbits give a mysterious feel, not the way she provides info.

• aiya replied:

@melody Even more creepy was about 23 years ago, when KC was 23, he could have visited the local maternity ward and identify his “future wife/GF”

Aeeeee LOL!!

To put everything in the proper perspective, this is just a reflection of the arcane old Chinese mentality of how the fortune and status of a man is defined by the number and/or youth of his wife(s).

I better sign off on this topic and move on.

Login or Register before you can reply to aiya
        • dramadrama replied:

@aiya Haha. Yeah. Some people thinks they are more open minded if they can accept more weird things from the society, in this case, extreme big age gaps. But actually it was an ancient thinking. The world had gone too far, now only left backwards to go…….

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
      • replied:

@melody
        Are they mixed then? She looks pure Asian to me but the twin brother does look a bit mixed. Sometimes it’s really interesting how the gene thing takes effect.
        I have a previous colleague who married a Spanish dude and she is like 1000% pure mainland woman but the kids they have don’t look mixed. The daughter looks the exact image of her 1000% pure Chinese. The son also looks 90% Chinese and prob 10% Spanish. Celeb Emil Chau – Taiwanese singer – he looks so very Chinese but his kids look 1000% American lol….where did the mixed thing go? hahaha LOL.. One of my cousin – aunt is hot and dad is very average hahah but her son looks a bit mixed and daughter is still very much Asian but they are 1000% pure Asian. lol…so I feel like sometimes its just weird how the mixed thing work??? lol

Login or Register before you can reply to
    15. dramadrama says:

Ok. Go get married already. While Kevin tadpoles still can swim.

I hope tvb starts to promote new blood actresses. Anjaylia seems hot and have innocent look. And she can act better than Grace. Hope tvb can promote her. But I really hope she can come out with a stage name…… Her name is weird and diff cult to announce. How will fans shout for her….

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
      • replied:

@dramadrama
        LOL…while tadpoles can still swim. I guess for work the biological clock thing works much much longer? hahah LOL..That’s why he dates a MUCH YOUNGER woman? You think if he still wants kids he will go w/someone over 40? Come on you know and this girl brags about him nonstop sighhhh……

Login or Register before you can reply to
        • janet72 replied:

@kiki men’s tadpoles can swim even when they are 70. which man doesn’t want a young and fertile woman to have kids?

• dramadrama replied:

@janet72 Selfish bunch? Old man, young wife. When he die15 years earlier than her, she will be alone. Taking care of kids. It will be better than common people, at least they are rich.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
        • janet72 replied:

@dramadrama It would be fairer to get a wife closer in terms of age. 12 years gap may still have some difference in mindset…but 22 year age is quite wide.

16. coralie says:

I don’t think it’s a smart move to date a guy that’s 20+ years older than her. But maybe she has daddy issues or likes the guidance that Kevin brings to her life, so she accepts his courtship. Personally i’ve seen too many incidences in may-december relationships where the older party gets more and more insecure over time regarding their much younger spouse and end up being a control freak. A lot of the older guys these days seem to be better at not letting that controlling nature of theirs rear its ugly head, but I don’t doubt they still feel the pressure and insecurity. I don’t mind Grace discussing her relationship with Kevin, as she’s asked these questions and she feels it’s harmless to respond. Plus, you get a feel for how Kevin acts around her. What’s the big deal if she answers anyways? You get to know more about their relationship and how they interact with each other. If you don’t like her, don’t read about her.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    17. bubbletea says:

It is good to talk bout your lover and all that but Grace really overshares. The media will ask her a particular question, she will answer that question and then her mouth will switch from first gear to sixth gear without being asked anything else. She will yap and jak to the press from the A to the Z of her family, Kevin’s family. her relationship with Kevin and what they did, talked about and what they have planned. I understand why people are sick of her flapping her motor mouth. She lacks discretion and she just does not want to set up boundaries with discussing her private life to the media and the world.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
      • celin replied:

@bubbletea yup. Totally agreed with you. She is that kind of person.

Login or Register before you can reply to celin
    18. bubbletea says:

Grace can learn from Jeannie Chan. Jeannie was recently asked if she will be spending Mothers day with her future in laws. She said she is working on that day, and will get together with them after filming wraps. They then ask her if her boyfriend writes her love letters She did not answer, even when they persisted. She drew a line, and rightfully so, as that is none of their business. If that were Grace, she would have been quoting sentences from the love letters, tehehe.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
      • janet72 replied:

@bubbletea i think many actresses know how to handle the pesky reporters, but grace will take the opportunity to tell the whole world everything.

• unknown replied:

@bubbletea @janet72 So, what’s the big deal about it? Aside from Grace there are plenty of celebrities who also openly talked about their personal life and relationship to the media.

Login or Register before you can reply to unknown
        • prettyjen replied:

@janet72 And you seems to enjoy reading their story so you can “bash” her with your envious and harsh comments LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to prettyjen
        • bubbletea replied:

@prettyjen Do you not say anything negative about anyone, be it celebrity or not… Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone. It only appears as bashing when someone is doing it to your idol, but it is just your honest comment when you say negative things about a celeb you do not care for. Enough already.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
      • coralie replied:

@bubbletea i actually don’t like Jeannie’s way of responding to reporters. I know she draws a line and she’s under no obligation to respond to inquiries regarding her personal life, but I feel like maybe it’s not always so bad to know. What’s the big deal? Fans know more about their idols/we know more about how celebrities live and what they do personally and you feel like you’re closer to them.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
        • bubbletea replied:

@coralie it is no one’s business to know if Jeannie’s boyfriend sends her love letters or not. You see something wrong with withholding such personal info, just as many here see Grace being annoying for over sharing, sometimes sharing too much without even asked
          I guess we are at a stalemate. After all, we ate entitled to our opinions.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • coralie replied:

@bubbletea Touche. Different situations and different ways to tackle the press is up to the individual and the audience can choose which style they like best. I just didn’t agree with the “learn from another” bit as I don’t really see what’s wrong with the way Grace handle things. But to each her own.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    19. ladykriselle says:

I like this couple! Grace is so candid and open talking about their relationship, it’s definitely going well. I’m not surprised that Kevin is mature and considerate like she says. That would usually come with age for most actors who has a reflective side and has failed before and learned to be resilient. Kevin looks naturally younger than he is so the age gap is more of a number than anything else.

Login or Register before you can reply to ladykriselle
    20. janet72 says:

It’s strange that a certain someone only finds me bashing.

• vodka replied:

@janet72 90% people here are bashing her you ain’t alone. TVB doesn’t get the message she not loved by the viewers at all. lol

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
      • unknown replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to unknown
        • janet72 replied:

@unknown oh really? Who are they? If there are, strangely I didn’t notice. But grace Chan has to be the winner when it comes to yakking.

• dramadrama replied:

@janet72 Yeah. She really shared too much. Can’t she just leave her love life alone to herself, and improve on her acting instead?

In blue veins, even though she and Kevin is real couple, but kay wins her as on screen couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama