Wayne Lai and Moses Chan Return for New TVB Drama

By on August 8, 2018 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Wayne Lai and Moses Chan Return for New TVB Drama

Former TV Kings Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) and Moses Chan (陳豪) will be teaming up again for a new TVB drama Assassin <殺手>, a drama about two career hitmen who attempt to lead normal lives as they carry out impossible missions. Ali Lee (李佳芯), Elena Kong (江美儀), Katy Kung (龔嘉欣), and Samantha Ko (高海寧) also star.

“I used to be very able and fit, but that was 20 years ago,” shared Wayne with a laugh. “That’s why I have a belly going on right now.”

Moses plays a seasoned sniper with 100 percent accuracy. Ali plays a struggling single-mother-turned-accomplice who helps Moses deal with the aftermath of his killings.

“I do quite like this story,” said Moses. “This show will talk about what assassins actually are — and it’s not just about how they kill people. For example, assassins do contract killings. Assassins cannot kill each other for revenge. There’s a lot more to say.”

Wayne said, “This drama is leaning more towards the realistic side of things. We are all humans after all. This show won’t be like how media portrayed assassins in the past. We still need to live our lives. We still need food on our tables.”

Wayne: “I Will Never Leave Hong Kong”

As both Wayne and Moses have been accepting more jobs in the mainland, the duo were asked if they now do only one TVB drama per year. Wayne said, “Actually, that’s not really true. No numbers were specified. If there’s a job for me, I’ll be there. Of course, I will never leave Hong Kong. I am a Hong Konger, a Hong Kong actor. I think it’s important to keep true to our culture in these dramas. We need more Hong Kongers to film more Hong Kong dramas for the people. This will never change.”

Source: HK01.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

15 comments to Wayne Lai and Moses Chan Return for New TVB Drama

1. jimmyszeto says:

I’m sure if these two were a few years younger, they would be off to China without a seconds thought. Timing isn’t quite right for them at this stage of their lives.

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
    • anon replied:

@jimmyszeto

I think Wayne can still make a good run in China if he wanted to as a supporting actor. Moses, on the other hand, I am not so sure.

However, it also won’t surprise me if Wayne doesn’t make it as there have been more popular HK actors entering the Chinese market but never found success. In regards to his acting, he’s a dime a dozen there.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • tiffany replied:

@anon Wayne will have a new C-drama. I believe he’s playing 2nd lead.

Login or Register before you can reply to tiffany
      • birdy2415 replied:

@anon I agree with Wayne. Especially since he’s had many roles in movies back in the day. Mainlanders who watch old chinese drama and films would recognise him.

Moses on the other hand, isn’t really known for anything outside TVB dramas. He’s not really good looking or young either.

Login or Register before you can reply to birdy2415
  2. llwy12 says:

Wayne and Moses again? Not really interested to be honest. And also not sure what this series is supposed to be – based on the way everyone was dressed during the press conference (which looked more like a Comic-con gathering than a blessing ceremony for a TV series), this sounds like yet another silly comedy, which we all know TVB isn’t good at. Looks like this will be yet another “auto-skip” for me….

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  3. coralie says:

Loved Moses and Wayne in Scholar Meets Soldier. They make a hilarious pair. If this is a comedic drama, I’m definitely watching!! Two funny Kings!

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
  4. bearbear says:

An odd choice for its theme.

Login or Register before you can reply to bearbear
  5. sherla1019 says:

WAyne i like Moses not so much rather it’ll be Roger hoping it’s gonna be a comedy need a few good laughs

Login or Register before you can reply to sherla1019
  6. potatochip says:

Modern assassins? Maybe the theme would work as an ancient series. The writers would have to seriously move the goal posts so that the bad guys are the worst in order for our assassins to be the heroes.

I like Wayne’s versatility. Moses is okay in some comedies but he never really appealed to me otherwise.

Login or Register before you can reply to potatochip
  7. ricky721 says:

hmmm, based on title… it would be interesting to see their chemistry and acting together again.

Login or Register before you can reply to ricky721
  8. birdy2415 says:

This could be a hit or miss. But the casting feels strange. When I think of assassins, two uncles are not what I think of. They are both established actors so I know they’ll do well, so it’s down to the script.

The Gentle Crackdown was great but Will Power was absolutely terrible.

I don’t know about this one. I don’t want this to be some stupid comedy or slice-of-life. But the casting doesn’t scream “action” or “thriller”. I’m puzzled…

Login or Register before you can reply to birdy2415
    • birdy2415 replied:

@birdy2415 Actually, thinking about it, it might work as a thriller. I liked Moses as a serial killer in Master of Play.

Login or Register before you can reply to birdy2415
    • elizabeth replied:

@birdy2415 You should see the pics. Katy Kung looks emo.

Login or Register before you can reply to elizabeth
      • birdy2415 replied:

@elizabeth I have seen the pics. Even before this article came out. But I don’t see how that’ll change my opinion. Katy Kung doesn’t scream “action” either. Just because she looks emo it doesn’t mean she can pull it off.

Login or Register before you can reply to birdy2415