Elaine Ng Shares Cigarette with 16-year-old Daughter

By on February 17, 2016 in NEWS

Elaine Ng Shares Cigarette with 16-year-old Daughter

Last year, Elaine Ng (吳綺莉) was accused of abusing her teenage daughter, Etta Ng (吳卓林). Giving birth to Etta after having an affair with Jackie Chan (成龍) in the 1990s, Elaine was under immense pressure and suffered from alcoholism. After the police investigation, mother and daughter have since reconciled and mended their relationship. However, Elaine’s parenting style once again raised eyebrows when she was photographed sharing a cigarette with 16-year-old Etta recently.

Having grown up a single-parent household, Etta has always been close with Elaine. The pair are often spotted out shopping together. Recently, Etta posted a photo of her and her mother on social media. Shockingly, the photo flaunted Elaine holding a lit cigarette on Etta’s lips. Etta sarcastically wrote, “My mother is a wonderful influence.” The post shocked many of Etta’s friends and caught the attention of the media.

Regardless of Elaine’s openness, Etta is only 16 years old. The minimum legal smoking age in Hong Kong is 18 years old. Although it remains unclear whether the incident was merely a crude joke, many are shocked by the outright display of such a negative influence and question Elaine’s parenting style.

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Huynh for JayneStars.com.

22 comments to Elaine Ng Shares Cigarette with 16-year-old Daughter

1. riceball120 says:

yes and im one of them also…what kind of mother would do this? joke or not, i do not think it’s appropriate at all for the young Etta.

Login or Register before you can reply to riceball120
  2. happybi says:

I really hope that is just a joke as what kind of mother will encourage smoking? And personally I don’t think parents should be their kids best friends. They should know who make the rules at home.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  3. vodka says:

obviously its just a joke … people needs to chill lol !

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
  4. coralie says:

That is a very poor photo of Etta. At first glance I thought she was Timmy Hung.

And yea considering how mom was arrested for possible child abuse, you’d think she’d be more careful of what she posts online (or rather her daughter.)

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    • replied:

@coralie
      I am sorry but I think Timmy Hung might be cuter? haha lol….Wow, what a ROLE MODEL mom. Unbelievable!!

Login or Register before you can reply to
    • krys327 replied:

@coralie Seems like she wants to expose her mom to show people what she has to go through at home. Her mom was only arrested because she told authorities that her mom is an abusive alcoholic. She’s old enough to know the ramifications of posting a picture like that. I’m sure she did it on purpose.

Login or Register before you can reply to krys327
      • coralie replied:

@krys327 very wise observation. I didn’t even think about it. I mean you kind of get the vibe that Etta is deriding her mom about being a bad role model but hard to tell if it’s serious. Still she has to publicize it? Why not just get her mom to see a counselor with her? Seems she’s trying to get attention a bit.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    • freedalas replied:

@coralie For all we know, it could be Sammo Hung that is her real dad. Both he and Jackie were screwing the same woman Elaine and when she got pregnant, he “forcibly got Jackie to eat the dead cat” as we say in cantonese.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
  5. janet72 says:

i pity etta if this article is true…how could a mother encourage daughter to smoke? social drinker, fine.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  6. asian2015 says:

Lol. I think Etta looks more like Timmy Hung dad.

Login or Register before you can reply to asian2015
    • lyu310 replied:

@asian2015

Lol that’s funny. That’s a terrible photo of her! But all other photos Etta looks like Jackie/Jaycee so that’s def Jackie’s kid and he knows he can’t deny it xD

Login or Register before you can reply to lyu310
      • asian2015 replied:

@lyu310 Hm…to be honest I don’t find Etta looks like Jackie Chan at all but, Jaycee definitely does looks like Jackie alots just like his twin brother or something. So I have to say she does look a bit like Timmy Hung dad.

Login or Register before you can reply to asian2015
  7. msxie0714 says:

She’s showing how ‘open’ and westernized she is by being pals with her daughter. Not always the best model to follow as a parent.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
  8. cuckoo says:

Not understand Elaine, she can register her daughter to learn pilate, aerobic to improve the body or teach her to cook, instead of trying harmful thing for health like cigarette. Why she didn’t notice that her daughter is not pretty and try to improve? Elain looks very thin, not healthy in the picture

Login or Register before you can reply to cuckoo
  9. llwy12 says:

Well, in a way, I’m not too surprised, as Elaine has always come across as a little ‘crazy’ to me ever since her affair with Jackie.  I think that affair and the fallout from it (including all the media pressure, etc.) took more of a toll on her than most people think.  Besides, it’s not like she ever had good judgement or decision-making abilities to begin with – I mean, come on, she chose to have an affair with a married man who was also known by pretty much everyone in HK to be a ‘player’…and then thought that she would be able to tie him down by having his baby (another stupid move knowing that he already had a reputation at that time for being an absent father to his own legitimate son).  While I do give Elaine credit for trying to raise Etta on her own as a single mom, my impression of her overall hasn’t changed.  Feel sorry for Etta though, having to pay the price for her parents’ mistakes….

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  10. anon says:

You guys are way too serious. It’s just a puff, she ain’t gonna die from lung cancer or become an addict. Lol

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    • replied:

@anon
      Yes, not right away at least. But if you think about it, if all moms are like her, wouldn’t the world be a more ****** place? haha lol… I remember one of my friend’s aunt who you can tell looking at her at first glimpse is not the typical sweety sweety type. Turns out her older brother taught her and another to smoke at age 15 and they turned out to be just as messed up as the older one. hahaa lol..No joke, she smokes at least a pack day since then and she’s still alive but wow looking and next to her, you will really feel like good thing you have normal parents/siblings as better role models.
      Plus, I don’t know why either her or that crazy ex ms hk will post a pic, both looks ridiculous. Wow!!

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • anon replied:

@kiki

From what I see, she offers her ONE drag. LOL

overreacting much? Stop making assumptions.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    • julianlkp replied:

@anon agree.

Login or Register before you can reply to julianlkp
    • cuckoo replied:

@anon serious is better, there’re risks. Becoming addict is a risk, then lung cancer is next risk. Many become addicts because they think quite open at beginning, not everyone will be same, but anyway … still feel worried. Heard Chen Xiao become heavy smoking after practising smoking for one role

Login or Register before you can reply to cuckoo
      • anon replied:

@cuckoo

Yeah I am sure she will become an addict from this ONE drag as it will be a gateway drug to her heroin and cocaine addiction.

Give me a break!

You guys are senseless.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
  11. julianlkp says:

normal for me , i even drink alcohol with my parents when i was just 12 years old , yet my siblings and me grow up to be independent and take good care of my mum now

Login or Register before you can reply to julianlkp