Hong Kong Protesters Outraged by Jackson Wang’s Patriotism

By on August 14, 2019 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Hong Kong Protesters Outraged by Jackson Wang’s Patriotism

The recent actions of Jackson Wang (王嘉爾), the Hong Kong member of Korean boy group GOT7, is garnering both praises from Mainland netizens and backlash from Hong Kong protesters. Aside from Jackson wearing the Chinese flag on his back during GOT7’s South American concert and proudly shouting, “Call me China man,” he also shared a controversial blog post.

Recently, in response to Hong Kong protesters chucking the Chinese flag into the sea, China’s state-owned news outlet, CCTV wrote on Weibo, “China’s national flag has 1.4 billion flag bearers. I am a flag bearer.”

Not only did Jackson share that post, but he also accepted a Chinese flag from a fan during GOT7’s concert in Chile in July. The Hong Kong native immediately put the flag on his body excitedly and jumped, making the atmosphere very high. Mainland netizens praised Jackson’s patriotic sentiments and were even moved to tears. “He was very happy and proud of his Chinese identity,” netizens expressed.

However, when Jackson first debuted in South Korea in 2014 as the first Korean idol of Hong Kong descent, he often flaunted his Hong Kong identity. Yet, when he began to enter the Chinese market in 2016, he began to say he’s “from China,” which is highly controversial in Hong Kong.

Since he shared the “flag bearer” post, many fans resented him. In fact, there are forums online on the topic of Jackson betraying Hong Kongers. Due to hold a concert in Hong Kong at the end of the month alongside his GOT7 members, netizens revealed the boy group’s flight information and started to organize a “welcoming” event at the airport. Some netizens offered to print out the banner with the words “Betrayed Hong Kong,” which is what they would chant out loud in both Korean and English so GOT7 members understand.

Source: HK01

This article is written by MelodyC for JayneStars.com.

46 comments to Hong Kong Protesters Outraged by Jackson Wang’s Patriotism

1. dreamer says:

The protesters are getting ridiculous. Hk is part of china. Whats wrong with him saying im from china? Besides, all hk people are decendants of chinese. Do they want to not acknowledge their ancestry.

I know that now its a sensitive matter. I dont support hk protesters nor chinese goverment. The chinese goverment has their faults. The pp of hk are scared of that. Its fine to protest, but do it more peacefully and without denying where your roots are from.

Login or Register before you can reply to dreamer
    • chriyen replied:

@dreamer Nothing wrong w/ saying he’s from China, per say. Issue is because of the very extreme environment going on over there, whatever he or any idol or celebrity says would’ve put him in the crosshairs from either side.

Ironically, when the protests first started. its was news-worthy because it was one of the largest peaceful protests in the world in recent memory. Afterwards, there were reports and video of violence against protesters with organized crime members supposedly and pics of them being friendly with local chinese govenment members in the streets. And most/all reports were swept under the rug. Which is the very thing the protesters are protesting against in fear of.

And if its the govenment who is supposed to protect them, but do not- what would they most likely do? continued peaceful protests met with violence or meet extremism with more extremism? I don’t support violence or extremism fyi lol, just stating that what’s happening to Jackson is the effect of the current environment over there and probs would’ve happened no matter what he said. Its happened alot in the U.S. ALOT. and unfortunately, it rarely peacefully resolves itself and historically- the only thing that makes people even calm down alittle is usually after something very tragic happens as a result of the volatile situation.

Its really sad when people in Entertainment who just want to perform and entertain people all over the world have to get dragged into any messy politics and even get targeted.

Login or Register before you can reply to chriyen
    • ice006 replied:

@dreamer
      Actually no one is denying HK is part of China, but it’s a SAR (special administrative region), with a distinct identity and different culture (including legal system, use of traditional Chinese characters vs simplified, freedom of press etc). The distinction is important to recognize. Especially in the current environment, where China is trying to assimilate HK, to emphasize that he’s from China, vs recognizing he has HK roots, is a show of support for the Chinese government. There are clear cut sides here and he’s made his choice clear. His choice is seen as especially disappointing since a) he’s from hk originally and b) he formerly recognized his hk identity. Likely he didn’t want to lose the mainland market, so he’s decided to choose $$ over loyalty to his roots.

Login or Register before you can reply to ice006
    • goodday replied:

@dreamer
      More than 2 million came out for peaceful protests but were ignored. Protesters never hurted anyone except for self defense.

Even though came from same place but hong kongers have evolutionized. You can also say human first came from Africa or Egpyt or planet earth but every place ppls quality r different.

communist tried to turn hk in to a concentration camp like Xinjiang so that’s y protestors need to fight. Millions of lawyers and professional came out to protests but were ignored.

Login or Register before you can reply to goodday
  2. msxie0714 says:

Not wrapping himself in a British flag and pledging allegiance to the Queen surely hurt the feelings of protesters.

It’s a precarious situation for celebrities to take a stand without incurring the wrath or praise of opposing sides.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
  3. terrycrews19 says:

both his parents were Chinese athletes from the mainland, he works heavily on the mainland, did they expect him to be anti-Mainland.

Login or Register before you can reply to terrycrews19
  4. rika says:

Can’t blame him. He’s just going with the flow (aka money).

Login or Register before you can reply to rika
    • msxie0714 replied:

@rika

Hard to believe wealth is no longer high priority in HK. Making money has always been the motivation of HK’ers and people in general everywhere.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
  5. nori says:

This guy is surely a hypocrite. However, we can’t blame him. Money comes first dominating human conscience.

Login or Register before you can reply to nori
  6. linda8765 says:

This guy is so brave <3 If he was looking to max his money, he could have just shut his mouth and not make a stance. And remember he is a celebrity. He's not one of those coward rioters and cover every part of their body and face and shine laser lights to get away with their violence.

• goodday replied:

@linda8765 cover face because its communist arresting people. Look at Tiananmen square. China is all fake news and voted worst human rights. They used fake news to promote patriotism and brainwash Chinese. Why dont you do a thorough search in reliable sites at the horrible things they do to chinese in china right now for their greed and u would be ashamed to be chinese

Login or Register before you can reply to goodday
      • linda8765 replied:

@goodday Haha communist arresting people? You mean the HK police who are arresting those who are violent. If I hit you I also expect to be arrested. Yep look at America, you get real bullets, not rubber ones and tear gas. Western media is biased as well. Worst human rights is decided by those who starts a war every year, those who wants to read one sided news will believe it as such.

@goodday you have mentioned “reliable sites” and news a few times already on this forum. I guess you watch Fox News. Why don’t you take your own advice and try it doing it yourself first. I am proud, never ashamed. Those who are ashamed, go ahead and wrap yourself in a British Flag. The British use to say “dogs and chinese not allowed”. Go ahead and be a dog.

• afan202 replied:

@linda8765
      I guess you drank the Chinese koolAid!!

Login or Register before you can reply to afan202
      • linda8765 replied:

@afan202 You guess I drank Chinese koolAid?
        I guess you pocketed money and expecting a green card? Or even better like Nathan Law, with a Yale degree in the process. Haha.

• pocky replied:

@afan202 Nephew, please!

Login or Register before you can reply to pocky
  7. prettysup1 says:

The thing is, he used to wave the HK flag, and that’s what making the fans so pissed off.

Anyway their concert in HK has been cancelled.

Login or Register before you can reply to prettysup1
    • terrycrews19 replied:

@prettysup1 i think its gone far beyond American levels of polarization, like between Democrats and Republicans which is a bit insane. This isn’t really a “one or the other” question, he can have a dual identity, esp, since his parents are immigrants from the mainland, and he’s a 2nd gen immigrant in Hong Kong.

Login or Register before you can reply to terrycrews19
  8. oystergirl says:

lol at “patriotic”. That’s way more credit than he deserves.

True patriotism is more than performing simple rituals, like singing the national anthem or, in this case, dancing around in a flag cape.

Those things are just symbolic gestures, and have no significance beyond that. Patriotism is actually working for the betterment of your country.

What Jackson Wang is doing is not patriotism, but rather self-promoting.

Login or Register before you can reply to oystergirl
    • linda8765 replied:

@oystergirl If he was just trying to max his income and self-promote, he’d earn more by just keeping his mouth shut and not do anything.
      His is patriotic because he knows the backlash he will get from his fans in Hong Kong, but he still does it because he is no coward. He does what he believes in.
      What do you think a true patriot does? Cover themselves and flash laser lights and be violent all in the name of democracy?

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        A patriot does not mean he is brave. Could have been brought up like this or brainwashed by propaganda….

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto I didn’t write that he is brave hence he is a patriot. I wrote that he is brave AND a patriot.
        Hong Kong rioters aren’t patriotic. I think we all know that. To clarify, these rioters dare to be violent, inflicting physical harm and interrupting other peoples lives, but yet they aren’t game to own up to what they have done.
        If I physically attacked you and caused you injuries, I would own up to it. I’m liable after all. But these people… hit and run. Covered from head to toe. They justify that it’s okay to be violent because they are “protesting”. Brainwashed by western media is not good. Continue reading your Fox News.

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        Firstly I’m in England so there isn’t any Fox news and secondly the only thing I’ve seen are footage of the violence and protests on the TVB news channel which my dad has on a lot of the time. I’m not supporting any side because HK citizens are the worst discriminators of people from China. Also not a supporter of China for obvious reasons…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto

@jimmyszeto
        With the internet Fox news would be readily available to anyone. But, I guess with you in England and all, I can justify why you would want to sit on the fence for this one. I’m sorry if I came across too strongly and got you into defence mode.

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        Not being passionate enough to take one side is defence mode? Just merely pointing out that patriotism is manufactured through propaganda, censorship and teachings. Every country has it but some a lot more than others. Obviously, you are a manipulated product and not your real self but I can’t blame you for that since you did not choose to be like this…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto Man haha, to clarify what my comment meant:
        1) You said you’re in England and only know information about the protest from TVB (only when your dad turns it on). You made a clear stance on sitting on the fence (this means middle ground if you don’t know) because you don’t support either side

2) I said I justify (reason) with that, because if I were you and only watching TVB (lack of information) and in England I would also not support either side.

3) I apologised (it was actually a sincere apology) in my earlier comment because I didn’t expect you to reply in the way you did; telling me where you’re from, what news you’re watching and stating what you supported. It sounded like you were invested in this issue, which is funny because you only follow it through TVB. For me, commenting is just for fun. I mentioned fox news just to be sarcastic, I didn’t expect you to watch it or for you to respond seriously. I don’t force people to take a side. I might laugh at someone’s views, but it has no meaning for me to try to change anyone. What has this to do with your degree of passion? Um, I don’t know you. I don’t care about you. Maybe I mistook your seriousness for “defence mode”.

4) Patriotism could be a product of propaganda, censorship and education. I wouldn’t go as far as labelling “obviously” that all patriotic people to be a product of those that you mentioned. I give people a benefit of doubt, for me that is what I value – fairness. Instead of labelling people as a manufactured product of propaganda, for me it’s nothing like you have mentioned. For me, it’s really the love for the culture, values, tradition and knowing what my ancestors fought for and lived through. That gives me a sense of self. Belonging.

De-humanising me online (you wrote “manipulated product”), that’s not very upright is it? And then blaming my upbringing “that since you did not choose to be like this”, is all but assumptions. In university my lecturers would always tell me that assumptions are pretty weak. Or maybe I’m outdated and it doesn’t matter online whether one is decent or not. I would however imagine for those living in England to at least understand the Ofsted ‘Fundamental British values’ and at least one of the dot points, for instance basic “mutual respect”. A value I think which is pretty universal. But if not to some, I mean to some extent at least try ‘When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do’.

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        Who is the one on the defensive here? No need to write an essay about your life. No one is interested. The whole process of developing into a ‘manufactured product’ is that the victims will not realise it is happening to themselves. Therefore, I can’t take any of your opinions seriously since they will be biased. Not your fault, I’m sure…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto How does a long response equate to being defensive? Ummm, I have a feeling that somebody hasn’t actually seen what a essay looks like? Ummm yeah. Maybe for somebody typing fast and reading fast is easy and fun. Maybe to some others it’s hard to formulate a small 4ish paragraph response. Though for me this doesn’t take time or effort. Nothing on this forum aggravates me, unlike somebody else who then becomes defensive (like some who aggressively go attacking others personally). You can say I’m ignorant, a PRC, a communist, have a bad upbringing, it only reflects badly on the writers part. Really, I like getting replies as it’s just for laughs in my view.

I talked about my life? You mean how I see how my patriotism grew from my values? How is that about my life? It’s my opinions/views. Check in the dictionary but ‘opinion’ is a long shot to be a synonym for ‘life’. But who here talked about their personal life without anyone asking? Somebody from England, who I suspect still lives at home as they can only watch TVB when their dad turns it on? Ooohhh, flashbacks.

I’m not talking about my life, just replying with my views to your presumed assumptions about me, and how you “don’t blame it” on my upbringing. What I talked about was my values/opinions/views, not where I live or if I have a dad. Nice to know you don’t care (“interested”) about me too. I would be worried if you did. Haha.

Why are you quoting your own words “manufactured product”? Suddenly it doesn’t seem very upright to have created and used this to describe a person right? De-humanising especially for someone who once mentioned in this thread that they don’t support “discriminators”. It’s also beneficial to recognise that all opinions are biased, it’s “not your fault, I’m sure” to have not realised this. lols.

On my part, writing and reading comments has always been light-hearted and fun. I think I mentioned that in my earlier comments but in no way do I go out of my way to try to influence others.

The way that you have gathered, processed, judged and concluded (“therefore”) that my opinions can’t be taken seriously by you …. ummm… haha… how should I break this to you? Were you actually taking me seriously from the beginning? On my part that definitely wasn’t the aim. But if my comments did have that effect on you, I’m sorry I let you down.

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        We are victims of our own circumstances and environment. i’m not showing discrimination towards you. Sorry about that! Maybe I used poor choice of words to describe you as ‘manipulated or manufactured product’ but I couldn’t think of an alternative choice of words at the time. Maybe I should have used the words ‘slightly misled’ due to circumstances instead or ‘just a pawn on a chess board’ behind the real powerful decision makers. We are all victims of our own circumstances and upbringing. For example, I can’t find a noodle bar to walk into for lunch when i was younger. Had to make do with a sandwich and now I’ve become a big fan of sandwiches. I’m not discriminating but just can’t take your opinions on board as neutral comments due to the emotional and environmental factors that may have weighed upon you….

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto No, it’s okay Jimmy! I respect your views and your upbringing that shaped a unique you! 🙂 I’m happy to see that you also respect mine. I don’t identify myself as a victim or a chess piece though, nor do I believe opinions can ever be neutral. I am in control of myself, and I am just me.
        Cool example, my favourite is Monte Cristo

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        Of course we won’t consider ourselves as victims because the whole brainwashing process, we will be oblivious to the process of it happening. The Kamikaze who sacrificed themselves during the world war never thought of themselves as ‘victims’.

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto You can label yourself as a victim (or other things such as brainwashed, “slightly misled”) but don’t label me that.

You said: “We are victims of our own circumstances and environment”. Why are you trying to group me together with you? You can speak for yourself and own experiences, I’m not stopping you, but why drag me with you? Cause I know I’m not that.

I think I touched on this earlier, but I don’t know you, and you don’t know me.

Quote: “The Kamikaze who SACRIFICED themselves during the world war never thought of themselves as ‘VICTIMS’.”

Omg, ummm I can’t believe somebody would make out the Kamikaze to be victims…. Out of so many world history events why does this come to mind? They were the ally of Nazi. Lols. Heard of Hitler? Have a look into it! With this chain of thought somebody is having, Hitler is sacrificial and a victim. haha. Britain won’t be happy to have Nazi/Kamikaze sympathisers living there.

Man, it’s nice to write to you, but the more I do so… it’s kinda like realising the gap is bigger than I first thought. This has almost become educational for somebody. Read more, learn a bit more about history…

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        No, I’m alright. Currently, It’s quite peaceful over here and I don’t feel much motivation to support either side. You belong to that group I mentioned far more than I am. Put it that way! Like I expected, you are bound to strongly deny it. That’s based on roughed up you are when arguing with the users here. Trying to play it down that ‘you are only trying to have a bit of fun’ is a shrewd way out though…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto Good to hear you’re alright! How do you know I belong to “that group”? Why are you comparing yourself to me? Does it make you feel good to label me? Drag me to your level? Typical of those that need to create a false satisfaction to put others with or under themselves, probably from their inadequate success of a life they are leading. E.g. invested in my response, then unable to respond directly hence making baseless statements about me personally and not on the topic, and then even writing about sympathising with Nazi/Kamikaze? I don’t don’t where Kamikaze came from, but fun rollercoaster ride. I love those.

I give you respect on your stance, I don’t try to change you. Why? Cause I’m confident in myself. Unlike some other people. I don’t feel the need to label. I get no kick out of that unlike others. Basic manners, something British people emphasise (at least those that are living there) learn quickly. As I wrote earlier, I don’t “discriminate” by ranking others (especially who I don’t know) into groups. Why try grouping me with you and comparing yourself with me when you don’t even know me? Quote “You belong to that group I mentioned far more than I am”. Lols, haha. If somebody wants to be a “victim” that badly from their “environmental circumstances”, I will respect their choice ahah.

I thought you genuinely meant it when you said you weren’t “interested” in me. Haha, I’m flattered to say the least. Your last few comments comparing yourself with me doesn’t seem that way. Opinions on the topic are nice, but why are you bringing me (personally) into this? You can talk about yourself, I don’t care, but me on a personal level?! Haha.

Somebody are making statements without any basis. Trying to bridge the gap a bit by blurting out anything in hopes it will confuse others and work out. Pointing a finger with no basis, with three fingers pointing back at themselves. I’ll just sit and watch some people point their fingers, doesn’t get to me. I don’t need to point back. Sometimes I’ll deflect, but mostly laugh at how “invested” they are to bring me down. Again, I’m very flattered.

This is considered arguing? Omg haha. Umm, perhaps for some that hasn’t been out there in the real world. Not enough guts and courage, for others not enough knowledge for a real argument. Scared of face to face confrontation? Maybe someone can’t because they have a thick accent and have a stutter or blank mind in a real life argument? Of course this is just somebody I imagine that don’t know what an argument is. Still stuck in fairy land. Inability to form responses that directly address the argument.

Haha, I’m sorry to break it to some people, but seriously this is only entertainment level.

Also, I don’t care about people who I don’t know on their degree of “motivation” and which “side” they support is irrelevant. It’s fun to laugh but I also pity them as they still haven’t gotten over themselves and think the world revolves about how they aren’t “motivated” enough… as if it would make a difference.

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765

Modern world people aren’t stupid and won’t be buying your accusation of me sympathising with Nazi/Kamikaze without a seconds thought. It’s such a desperately, feeble attempt to twist my points, that I’m finding it quite amusing. No one is born as a baby with the thought of going on a kamikaze suicide mission. They were brainwashed and educated this way into thinking that is was the right thing to do. If these same people were born in a different country or lived in different era would they have been involved in Kamikaze? No, so these people were also stolen was living a normal life. I could have used any example such as ‘the Great Leap Forward’ or any other example and the logic will be the same. Obviously, there are further victims in the innocents who they have killed. I didn’t get directly affected by any of these historical events so I’m sure my views will be different to the ones that had their lives affected…..

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto I’m not gonna question “modern” day people’s intelligence, never will and never have. Not to do with me how they think. They can have a good laugh reading this thread and see that somebody can’t make a direct response to all (or any) of the points someone else is making, and that some is taking this very seriously.
        Haha.

How seriously one might ask? As serious as thinking I’m actually making an accusation about someone else on this thread of being a nazi/kamikaze sympathiser? I don’t label anyone individually, I mentioned this before. I don’t know anyone here, and they don’t know me. Specifically in response to your reply, I didn’t shove (directly) the word sympathiser on you. How is somebody, you? I put the word out there and somebody picked it up and attached it to themselves. Don’t expect you to be one (even though quote mean otherwise “The Kamikaze who SACRIFICED themselves during the world war never thought of themselves as ‘VICTIMS’ and now “further victims”) and honestly nothing to do with me so I didn’t ask directly. Comments like that, when I write it it’s obvious sarcasm and intended for the laughs… cause like it’s so ridiculous, I don’t expect someone to be one it’s funny?

So even though I didn’t accuse, I sometimes experience others taking it on. This is typical of those that somewhat (to some extent) resonate with the label. It’s like a thief stealing a loaf of bread and feeling anxious when questioned. Of course not you haha.
        I would never ever justify and redeem to any degree the right of a individual human purposefully inflicting murder on others. Be it Nazi or Kamikaze. Lessening their condemnation and blaming other factors robs the honour of those that have died in their hands.

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        One is deluded and they are very animated. Somebody is losing its cool whom I’m not sure why….. Oh sorry, after all this back and forth, I’m starting to subconsciously adopt this way of speaking. Those comments were not aimed at you by the way. Those comments could mean anybody and that somebody may or may not be you. Ooohhh, I’m starting to sound sooo mysterious and the centre of attention now.Sorry,don’t be mistaken! I’m clearly talking about how I feel here since I use the word ‘I’m’. I’m not normally a coward and quite direct but I accidentally fell into this….

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto haha people copying me is the greatest flattery. Pretty stoked about it haha. I heard weak people “subconsciously adopt” characteristics of successful people. I see some have taken an “interest” though desperately denied it. Slap in the face for someone? It’s okay! It’s cool, I’m open to educate/give my opinions for those who are lacking. I just found out the best way to do so is to unintentionally trigger their nerves. Light hearted fun for me gets to them for some odd reason. It would go from their inability to retort to all (if any) of the points, and then they would blurt things off topics and then succumb down “unconsciously” realising their need to copy and learn from me in their own free will. Very effective, but from experience it only stems from those who is severely lacking and/or just had their egos destroyed. Hahahahah.

“Back and forth”? Is this “back and forth” already? Seems straightforward enough to me…. maybe not to someone else, omg haha.

Oh it’s good, I’m use to people personally attacking me off topic because of their inabilities or their dire situation. But unfortunately to some who wants to bring me to their level, it has never touched or changed me in any way. Change only happens to those who are not confident in themselves, particularly those on the losing end. It has in fact provided me the entertainment… I laugh, reply and laugh again. I never expected my responses to generate a “mysterious” vibe or become “the centre of attention” to someone else. Definitely generated “interest” from someone who tried to withhold but ultimately failed to do so. Couldn’t resist. Weak but it’s okay, not a fault. Lols.

Awww, you’re admitting you’re a coward? “I’m not normally a coward and quite direct”. Everyone understands themselves the most, if you insist on this yourself, then I guess so alrighty. I heard cowards have a tendency to “unconsciously” duck and avoid answering ‘on topic’ on the points presented, especially when challenged. In order to protect their already dwindling ego they go full on, attacking/labelling/grouping others on a personal level based on nothing. Even when the other party is chilled as, cowards go full on and even go as far as changing themselves. Heard it stems from their inferiority complex. Cowards can typically get help from counselling or a therapist though!! Get well soon!

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        Not sure why you went off topic and mentioned that you are used to people attacking you because like I said those comments could be for anybody. You should be commended though for being direct for once. I’m not sure why people would attack you since when you tell people they should stop reading Fox news and blame that western media is influencing our thoughts then I’m sure you are just concerned for our well being. For you to label the west as brainwashing us, it is a bit delusional to refuse to accept that you might also be brainwashed by your own circumstances. You can shout, stamp your feet and scream ‘I’m not a victim’ but, who knows?

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • linda8765 replied:

@jimmyszeto Omg, who started being off topic? As I have mentioned before I was merely deflecting and responding some comments someone has posted that was off topic first directly targeting at me. You this and you that… but somebody here has managed to erase their own pathetic memory… hahaha … and can’t face up to it…and then reason to why they are “not sure”… it’s okay, self admitted cowards as I mentioned like to duck.

Ooohh somebody is taking this oh so seriously. Hahahah. Really hit their sore spots. I think I wrote this before, but I clarified some time ago that it was sarcasm and intended for the laughs (fox news). Yes, I am finding it refreshing to hear from people I don’t know their light (but then actually serious and way too invested) hearted opinions… some of which are self designated “victims” and “cowards”. I can only laugh.

“For you to label the west as brainwashing us…”. It sounds like someone also agrees that labelling isn’t cool.
        I never labelled. It was only someone else. In fact I’ve been telling to a particular person not to label… but this person has taken in my teachings and now teaching it to everyone else too. I’m proud this person has learnt under my wing.

No one is “shouting”? Maybe only one sided (from the side the person who first mentioned it). This is consuming someone so much they are imagining that threads like this is the same as talking face to face. “Shouting”?. Omg lols hahaha. Lack of face to face confrontation? Never had one? Now it comes to “stamp[ing] your feet and scream”… maybe more hidden psychological problems from this overactive imagination? Lols. At least I helped someone fulfil their empty social life.

I agree, “who knows” what I’m like? No one here knows me and I don’t know them. But for those themselves that self designate “victim” and “cowards”… we all know and trust that person’s judgement on themselves. Hahahaha, it’s okay.

• jimmyszeto replied:

@linda8765
        Nice rant typical of someone in denial. How am I labelling you when I’m just stating the obvious? There is only one group and we are all the same group but you seem to think you are something special. The only person grouping you is yourself in the putting yourself in this ‘immune to any external influences’ group which can is nonexistent and can also be named ‘the deluded’ group. Unless you had previously put on a backpack on and manually followed every historical event, then you are just like all of us who received their information from the media, influenced by people around you and from environment whilst from growing up. Your opinions will be brainwashed by these factors but you cant accept this reality. You are just making the numbers and not an outstanding exception within this world. Maybe you should try and show some respect and speak directly to others rather than trying and be something that you are not….

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto

@jimmyszeto
        “There is only one group and we are all the same group”… yes in my view I agree if the statement was about us all being alive haha… but especially no to the reoccurring point: “Of course WE won’t consider ourselves as VICTIMS because the whole brainwashing process, WE will be oblivious to the process of it happening. ”

How did I group myself? Hahahaha. If I labeled myself I’d be fine. I have the right to do that. But remember what somebody wrote? “The only person grouping you is yourself”, really? I see this written a lot – You (we) are this … and you (we) are that.

Your opinions about yourself, I respect. I wrote that many times. Labelling yourself as a “victim” or a “coward” or “misled” etc that’s okay. You are the only person that has the right to say that yourself. But why use “we”? More the merrier? Lols hahaha.

You don’t know me and I don’t know you (I’ve made that a point many times). Why does an individuals opinion HAVE to represent mine as well? Who gives someone the right to represent everyone else and label “the obvious” on everyone? “The obvious” being your own specific opinion on a specific topic on a specific person. Great, but don’t force it upon me. Somebody can continue being the “coward” “victim” which was imposed on themselves, but I’m not going to be apart of that.

I never denied that my upbringing didn’t shape me and who I am today. Many of those who are very much in the losing end in the quest to label others and themselves as “victims” of their “circumstances” fail to progress on their point – hence change their point from this:

“Of course WE won’t consider ourselves as VICTIMS because the whole brainwashing process, WE will be oblivious to the process of it happening. “. Giving the example of “The Kamikaze who SACRIFICED themselves during the world war never thought of themselves as ‘VICTIMS’.”

To this:
        “‘immune to any external influences’ group which can is nonexistent and can also be named ‘the deluded’ group”

People aren’t blind. It won’t fool those who can read. Easy to tell the big difference between the two statements, and some might even question why did somebody change their original point (and pretend they didn’t). I am not “immune” to ALL “external influences”. My upbringing has shaped me. No one denied that. What was the point for writing that when no one denied it. But that doesn’t make me a “victim”, and it doesn’t mean I’m “brainwashed” and “oblivious in the process”. Especially it can’t be judged by people who don’t know anything about me.

“Maybe you should try to show some respect and speak directly to others rather than trying and be something you are not”.
        Ahhh, respect! I taught respect to someone earlier on this thread when they labelled me inhumanly as a “manipulated product”. It would seem to be a slap in their face and a bit awkward for them to ask others to “show some respect”. I introduced on this thread the Ofsted ‘Fundamental British values’ and in particular “MUTUAL respect” to somebody. Seems like they don’t understand what mutual respect is… to them maybe something like disrespecting others and their opinions but then commanding respect of their own from those same people.

The key word is mutual respect. I have been respectful to myself and others. I don’t label, change someones opinions, and make someone something they are not, even more so especially that I don’t know anyone and they don’t know me here. I am not a “victim”, don’t label me as one. I respect your opinion of yourself to be a “victim” and a “coward”. Hahaha, lols. Respect has nothing to do with “speak[ing] directly”. Looks like it’s time for someone to hit up the dictionary.

Typical of those who try to bridge the gap directly using words like “special”, “deluded”, “manipulated product” about me to comfort themselves. And even bringing about Kamikaze and reasoning with them to be “sacrificial” and a “victim”. All of this as a means to try to save themselves from being BEYOND destroyed. lols hahaha.

Can really see what stage of the losing game somebody is in. Yes, it’s all a fun game and it’s sad that it seems that I’m the only one enjoying it. Those who are crying, don’t cry, run back to daddy and ask him to play some light-hearted comforting TVB to watch 😛 Or even better yet, read through this thread and see somebody being obliterated in the game.

I’ve given so many chances for some to redeem themselves in this game. Replying again for the laughs but also giving the chance. Giving out 10+ free lives …something like that. No more 🙂 They now have even tried to change their original point whilst pretending they haven’t (as I have explained in this comment) hahahaha. What a sore loser, but expected from those who are self-designated “cowards”. I hope this page gets more traffic so that others can also laugh with me at somebody who is oh so ‘reasonable’… ‘reasonable’ enough to make out that the Kamikaze is “sacrificial” and a “victim”. hahahahhaha.

• afan202 replied:

@linda8765
        Since you had a PRC education, I don’t blame your blatant ignorance. haha

Login or Register before you can reply to afan202
      • afan202 replied:

@linda8765
        Linda, if the police weren’t there, there will be no violence. Violence is not against people, not shops, there is not looting, violence is only against police who used excessive force against the general public.
        If you push me, I will push you back. Is that violence?

Login or Register before you can reply to afan202
      • linda8765 replied:

@afan202 What made you think I have a PRC education? Haha lols. Miss the mark and doesn’t offend me at all, only highlights that the only method some people have (when on the losing end) is to personally attack without any basis. Hope it makes someone feel a bit better though. Probably needs it from their doomed and gloomy life. I laugh at statements like that though, it’s the product of their inability to win an argument which then manifests into ‘off the topic’ personal attacks and assumptions, typical of a sore loser.

@afan202, if the police weren’t there – blocking traffic and train platforms by physically making a human wall and pushing/intimidating ordinary people from boarding, digging up concrete to use to throw at opposers, provoking violent physical/verbal abuse on suspected spies and Mainland tourists, and setting fire to the police station… all which happened without police interference. The rioters tie suspects up and beat them. Umm, not self defence.

One rioter even chased a defenceless guy on a stretcher, who was on the way to the hospital still trying to hit him. Man… “if you push me, I will push back”? No, it’s more like “if you don’t support us, expect to be hit”.

Violence was used against people, against property. It’s scares everyone. There is a thug like attitude amongst rioters, blocking commuters, smashing windows, booing those who don’t side with them. Violence should never be used. There is no way to justify that.

Not even police who some people blindly see “used excessive force”, because they didn’t. Tear gas and rubber bullets are harsh? Welcome to America and something called real bullets. Somebody should try the violence these rioters have imposed in Hong Kong to America. Imagine doing a riot there and setting the police office on fire, I would only dream to be hit by tear gas and rubber bullets. haha.

• pocky replied:

@afan202 By US/Western standards, the police ain’t acting with “excessive force”. Check out those protests in France that has been going on for awhile now (strangely it gets under-reported compared to HK). Anyway, no country would allow demonstrators/protesters to occupy/disrupt the operations of an entire airport. You think the US would allow what happened to HKIA to occur to JFK or Hartsfield Jackson? Nah…the National Guards would be called in to forcefully clear everyone out.

Login or Register before you can reply to pocky