Kevin Cheng Officially Joins Kenneth Ma, Linda Chung for “Children’s Hospital”

By on June 26, 2020 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS, TV Dramas

Kevin Cheng Officially Joins Kenneth Ma, Linda Chung for “Children’s Hospital”

Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) has confirmed that he will star in TVB’s upcoming medical drama Children’s Hospital <兒童醫院>, officially joining the star-studded cast that also includes Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), Catherine Chau (周家怡), and Him Law (羅仲謙).

The drama series will be one of two blockbuster medical dramas that TVB has planned for 2021, the other being Big White Duel 2 <白色強人II>, which also stars Kenneth Ma. Like in Big White Duel, Kenneth will be playing a doctor in Children’s Hospital. It will be his thirteenth doctor role of his acting career.

Children’s Hospital will be Kenneth and Kevin’s first collaboration since 2010’s A Fistful of Stances <鐵馬尋橋>, and Kenneth and Linda’s first official collaboration together, though Kenneth did make a brief cameo in 2011’s Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir! <點解阿Sir係阿Sir>, in which he shared a scene with Linda.

According to reports, Kevin and Catherine will play a married couple, while Kenneth and Linda will drive the story’s main romance arc. They will also be involved in a love triangle with Him.

Linda, who now permanently resides in Vancouver to raise her two children, is reportedly being paid around three million Hong Kong dollars for Children’s Hospital. Principal photography will last around four months in Hong Kong. According to a source, one of Linda’s reasons for returning was due to her good relationship with producer Ben Fong (方俊華), who directed Moonlight Resonance <溏心風暴之家好月圓> and Can’t Buy Me Love <公主嫁到>, both which Linda had starred in.

In addition to the handsome salary, what also drew Linda to return to TVB was her tailor-made role: a pediatrician. Now a mother of two, Linda finds the role not only challenging, but also fulfilling and inspiring.

Children’s Hospital is expected to begin filming in July.

Source: Weekend HK

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

36 comments to Kevin Cheng Officially Joins Kenneth Ma, Linda Chung for “Children’s Hospital”

1. aktf says:

Hahhahahha this going to be the worst drama of the year…
    3 of them cant really act other than Catherine …..

Login or Register before you can reply to aktf
    • anon replied:

@aktf

Yup I feel the same way. I really wanna watch this for Catherine but having second thoughts with the other trash leads in this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • kuks replied:

@anon same. Poor Catherine stuck with dud costars.

Login or Register before you can reply to kuks
      • llwy12 replied:

@anon I would say forget it. If you want to see Catherine, watch her HKTV or ViuTV series or her movies….everything she starred in outside of TVB is better than anything TVB churns out. I love Catherine, but I’m definitely not watching this, especially with Linda as first lead (and no, she absolutely does not deserve to be paid that much…TVB is stupid as hell!).

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • anon replied:

@llwy12
        Sadly, I’ve already watched her previous works. LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    • megamiaow replied:

@aktf I disagree, just because they havent won any prestigious awards doesnt mean they cant act. They all had many roles in their careers that they have performed that deserve their own merit.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
      • luye replied:

@megamiaow actually i think all of them have won awards. I like all of their acting. My favorite is Kevin & Niki Chow in Under the Canopy of Love

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
      • megamiaow replied:

@luye I think Kenneth gave strong performance in Fistful of stances (which Kevin was in too). Kevin I generally like. Linda Im indifferent but it doesnt mean I will go around making unbased comments like they cant act.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
      • aktf replied:

@megamiaow performed well??hahahaha like what?? Can you name a few that they performed well….???
        They won tvb awards which is considered trash.
        You actually think linda, kenneth and Kevin are good??
        Hahahhaha your comment made my day lol

Login or Register before you can reply to aktf
      • megamiaow replied:

@aktf Yeah, all the ones they have been in, because none of them were bad. Why should I name any, why dont you go naming all the ones that were bad and explain in exact detail why any performances were bad?

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
  2. So no Ali? Uh… Okay then…

Login or Register before you can reply to oligodendrocytes
  3. arc78 says:

I think this is also the first time that Kevin and Linda starred in a drama together? Though they are not a couple.. I rem Linda is always paired up with the same male leads, Raymond, Bosco, Steven and Sunny.. this is her first time with Kenneth Ma.

Login or Register before you can reply to arc78
    • chrysan replied:

@arc78 if i remember correctly, kevin and linda were both in forensic heroes 2, however linda’s character was killed off after 2-3 eps due to “scheduling conflict”.

linda has also been in a few other dramas with kenneth, but they were not paired together.

Login or Register before you can reply to chrysan
      • arc78 replied:

@chrysan Actually both Linda and Kenneth were only in one drama Can’t Buy Me Love (those were the good old days) and they were paired with different people.

Login or Register before you can reply to arc78
      • luye replied:

@chrysan Yes, you are correct. Linda was paired with Frankie Lam. Looking forward to see this new pairing!

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
    • luye replied:

@arc78 I love watching Linda & Raymond together. They are super cute

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
  4. pompidur says:

Kenneth and Him, in a medical series and involved in a love triangle arc, then change Tavia to Linda, and we get Hippocratic Crush 2.0 or 3.0?

Login or Register before you can reply to pompidur
    • kuks replied:

@pompidur yep but in a children’s hospital. Rinse and repeat.

Login or Register before you can reply to kuks
  5. bennyjr says:

Now I’m glad Ali is not in this drama. As TVB will let definitely Linda shine than Ali in this drama
    Looking forward to see Kevin cheng. His last TVB drama was few years back. He’s not a fantastic actor but still watchable with his good looks

Login or Register before you can reply to bennyjr
    • luye replied:

@bennyjr I agree with you. Kevin is watchable and very handsome

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
  6. bubbles23 says:

After reading this I’m glad Ali got dropped from this. I can’t see Catherine being a couple with Kevin, and on top of that you add Kenneth/Linda/Him…… Uhhhh. Unless Linda has changed the way she acts, Catherine is gonna be the one to carry the whole series. Also, I doubt the is gonna be that interesting after Hippocratic Crush and BWD…
    Also obligatory BRING BACK ALI.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles23
  7. megamiaow says:

Not one but two doctor dramas. Gee, is it that difficult to think of fresh topics? Police and doctor category dramas are the most boring topics ever yet keep croppong up year on year.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
  8. m0m0 says:

what a waste of $$ on Linda Chung…. show is going to be a bust.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
    • anon replied:

@m0m0
      Yup, if it’s true that TVB is paying Linda 3 mill HKD for her return then it’s a waste of money.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    • myxx replied:

@m0m0 overpriced, over rated! They could’ve used that budget on someone else. She’s an awful actress, that whiny voice omg. Should stay in Vancouver!!

Login or Register before you can reply to myxx
  9. megrim says:

To be honest , kinda sick of watching Kenneth Ma. Especially if he’s going to portray as a doctor AGAIN. Not so excited about Linda too. Her acting is

Login or Register before you can reply to megrim
  10. jcc10 says:

Want to watch for Kevin and Catherine.. but the others.. just no. And Kenneth’s 13th drama as a doctor??? What’s up with him and doctors?

Login or Register before you can reply to jcc10
    • bubbles23 replied:

@jcc10 Call him Dr. Ma looool

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles23
    • luye replied:

@jcc10 TVB always does this lol. Ron Ng was also in so many cop dramas.

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
  11. annebee says:

No wonder Linda posted on her FB page she is back in HK. And Kenneth said he’s going to start filming a new drama after his Baby drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to annebee
  12. kiie says:

Seems like Kenneth has been stereotyped to play doctor. I guess, that’s what he does best.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiie
    • pompidur replied:

@kiie Really? I thought characters like Siu Ma in Exorcists Meter is more suitable for him. I always find him awkward or not as natural when acting as doctors.

What I would love to see is Kenneth playing more villainous roles. I liked him in Tiger Cubs and The Other Truth.

Login or Register before you can reply to pompidur
  13. sparky116 says:

Why was Ali left out of Children’s Hospital? It’s very unfair of TVB to pay a high price to cast Linda Chung as the lead. She’s never a fantastic actress, her voice is nasal and her acting very stereotype. Just sad to see a good actress like Ali being cast aside.

Login or Register before you can reply to sparky116
  14. pompidur says:

@sparky116 ugh for real. Linda hasn’t improved at all even after all these years. But I guess her fanbase is huge enough for TVB to fork out those money to put her back in a series.

Last I saw her was on Another Era, paired with Frankie Lam. No chemistry, bland, boring, forgettable. Just hope that she won’t drag this new series down.

Login or Register before you can reply to pompidur
  15. cutie777 says:

This drama sounds like they’re working with small children? I heard Catherine and Charmaine Sheh are a good friend but they have her paired up with Kevin Cheng? That’s a little strange. I don’t think Linda deserved that kinda money like I said before she’s not even a tv Queen so how can she get all those money? Remember tvb claimed that they have to fired over 300 hundred employees because of bad economic? Now they’re throwing away those big bucks to Linda? What a big jokes really. Like I have said before I would rather see Leila Tong return to Tvb that would be nice.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777